Reason we're not signing Mo

Jets1Fan

It's not Mike Maccagnan that is stopping Mo from signing that outrageous tender of 15.7 million. I don't think Mo wants to be a Jet. I think he harbors deep resentment that his deal didn't get done last year when the Jets had a boatload of cap space. I think it is more Mo wanting out than the Jets not dealing in good faith.

Hmm..both very valid and good points. I'm not saying that I agree, I'm merely thinking that the only reason they haven't offered (and what do we really know what he's been offered in terms of a contract extension, but nothing has been reported, from what I know) a fair offer is because they value Sheldon more and the new Bowles regime values Leonard more than Mo...

This situation is frustrating me alot more than the Fitz saga.  But what I think I'm learning is that Macc seems  to place a value on a particular player and seems pretty constant in holding to that value regardless of what's going on with others in the market.  Comparing Mo's value to Watt's deal or Vernon's deal may generate clicks in the media but it doesn't really seem to influence Macc that much.  That's why I fear, unfortunately, that we're going to lose Mo to another team who will pay above what Macc has set in his mind as "value".  

It also makes me think that he won't move very much at all with Fitz.  How he "values" Richardson is anyone's guess...

23 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

This situation is frustrating me alot more than the Fitz saga.  But what I think I'm learning is that Macc seems  to place a value on a particular player and seems pretty constant in holding to that value regardless of what's going on with others in the market.  Comparing Mo's value to Watt's deal or Vernon's deal may generate clicks in the media but it doesn't really seem to influence Macc that much.  That's why I fear, unfortunately, that we're going to lose Mo to another team who will pay above what Macc has set in his mind as "value".  

It also makes me think that he won't move very much at all with Fitz.  How he "values" Richardson is anyone's guess...

He knows he has three stud DEs and he'll eventually end up with two.  There's no rush deciding given that even franchising Wilk still keeps him under market value.

50 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

He knows he has three stud DEs and he'll eventually end up with two.  There's no rush deciding given that even franchising Wilk still keeps him under market value.

I hear you but I'm not sure he would "value" Mo at the same level as some other teams even if he didn't have Sheldon and Williams locked up.

7 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I hear you but I'm not sure he would "value" Mo at the same level as some other teams even if he didn't have Sheldon and Williams locked up.

I'm cool with speculation.  Hell ya have to be in order to post in these forums, but that's just too much for me to be able to speculate.

Not only what he values Wilk at now, but what he'd value Wilk if we didn't have other players?

While in a perfect world it'd be great to have it decided and all three locked up longterm, it doesn't bother me.  When the time comes, we'll have at least two great DEs.  In 2016 we'll have 3.

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

The reason we are not signing Mo is because we need to make sure we have enough cap room to tag Geno after this year if he has a good year.

QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DL

There could be some truth here.

2 hours ago, Jets1Fan said:

IMHO, Jets brass values Sheldon more than Mo. Thoughts??

The reason we're not signing Mo is because the franchise tag does not differentiate between edge rushing DEs and interior 3-4 DEs. In fact they do not take in to account any difference in any position. An inside LB makes the same as an edge. A guard gets the same as a LT. 

It's really an idiotic oversight in the CBA that needs to be corrected. 

If we ran a 4-3 Mo would be considered a DT and he would get about 4 mil less for the year.

35 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

The reason we are not signing Mo is because we need to make sure we have enough cap room to tag Geno after this year if he has a good year.

QB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DL

This team is just dumb enough for this to be true.

On June 3, 2016 at 2:55 PM, Jets1Fan said:

Jets drafted his cheaper replacement in the draft- Leonard Williams.    Once Leonard Williams was drafted the clock started on Muhammad Wilkerson Jet career.

On 6/3/2016 at 9:14 PM, Ex-Rex said:

It's not Mike Maccagnan that is stopping Mo from signing that outrageous tender of 15.7 million. I don't think Mo wants to be a Jet. I think he harbors deep resentment that his deal didn't get done last year when the Jets had a boatload of cap space. I think it is more Mo wanting out than the Jets not dealing in good faith.

Im not too sure about this. If Mo feels some type of way about a deal not getting done then why would he interfere with a deal getting down now? The Jets are not going to let him go and he's basically playing on a one year deal now which means that if he has a down season or gets injured again it'll really kill his position next season. 

I think that if the Jets were offering something that Mo was willing to take then he would take it if his problem was just not getting an offer that he would have considered. I think the Jets dont want to pay him JJ Watt money. 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im not too sure about this. If Mo feels some type of way about a deal not getting done then why would he interfere with a deal getting down now? The Jets are not going to let him go and he's basically playing on a one year deal now which means that if he has a down season or gets injured again it'll really kill his position next season. 

I think that if the Jets were offering something that Mo was willing to take then he would take it if his problem was just not getting an offer that he would have considered. I think the Jets dont want to pay him JJ Watt money. 

Actually Mo is making 1.2 million more the Watt this year who has a base salary of of 10.5 with another 4 million added from bonus and restructuring.. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt/

4 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Actually Mo is making 1.2 million more the Watt this year who has a base salary of of 10.5 with another 4 million added from bonus and restructuring.. 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/j.j.-watt/

Then why is Mo so upset? Sure, Mo is making more than Watt this year, but being on a one year deal (and you can be cut at anytime) that isnt the same level of security. 

I doubt that JJ Watt is looking at Wilk's situation and saying "Damn, wish I was him right now". 

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Then why is Mo so upset? Sure, Mo is making more than Watt this year, but being on a one year deal (and you can be cut at anytime) that isnt the same level of security. 

I doubt that JJ Watt is looking at Wilk's situation and saying "Damn, wish I was him right now". 

Mo is probably looking for a bigger deal then Watt..After all he's on the fast track to the HOF Watt isn't..:)

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, Jets1Fan said:

they found mo's replacement in Williams. they hope to find richardsons replacement in 2 years. so on and so forth. I think the jig is up on finding 3-4 defensive ends in the nfl. you draft the most althletic tackle you can find and plug him in at de. the jets seem to have an eye for this. draft what your good at,pay for what you are not. or something like that

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

watts deal is crap.  he got hosed

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not at the time. During his signing he was the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. 

I cant say that he got hosed.

it was about the same as mario williams, just with a little more "real" money.  if he hit the open market he would have beaten it by 20%.  I think that is mo's plan.  I will enjoy mo's last season as a jet

Archived