Cut Geno

johnnyjet

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

And just give Fitz the money.   The sooner we rid ourselves of this bum the better. He gives sh*tty QBs a bad name. 

This is what will ultimately happen I'm sure. But the Jets certainly shouldn't cave into Fitz demands. Whatever Mac is offering is what Fitz will have to accept at least this season. After that the Jets are going to have to see if Bryce Petty is ready to take over the backup duties. If he is? That's the very second that Geno gets his walking papers.

But I now what you're saying. You probably think Geno is a f^cking sh*thead (as do I) and you think it will be great for the team overall when he gets cut. I agree.

59 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

And just give Fitz the money.   The sooner we rid ourselves of this bum the better. He gives sh*tty QBs a bad name. 

Cut Geno? Bowles said on Wednesday night that Geno was performing much better in practice than the young and inexperienced QBs currently on the roster.  You don't just give roster spots and starting jobs, you earn them! Cutting Geno is ridiculous at this point.

Every year we hear how good Geno is in camp, I have hopes for Petty but if they are going to cut someone based on performance this year it will probably be Petty. I am not a fan of Smith at all and think these young guys need time, but if we do sign Fitz I think Geno would be a more capable backup than Petty at this point. Now will that change come pre-season and into this year? Maybe I hope Petty picks it up because to me Geno just dosent have it mentally. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Makes sense.  No NFL team has ever won more than 10 games with Geno on the roster.

Geno went 8-8 with much worse roster than Fitzpatrick had in 2015 he also played a much tougher schedule his primary WRs were Gates and Nelson and his OC MM 

Enough said if you dont get it you never will. 

this is a trolling thread, right ?

I think the jets are better off with fitz, but giving him 3/36 is stoopid, and then having a little guy that likes to run around and dive head first backed up by petty is not smart

has to be trolling

1 hour ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Every year we hear how good Geno is in camp, I have hopes for Petty but if they are going to cut someone based on performance this year it will probably be Petty. I am not a fan of Smith at all and think these young guys need time, but if we do sign Fitz I think Geno would be a more capable backup than Petty at this point. Now will that change come pre-season and into this year? Maybe I hope Petty picks it up because to me Geno just dosent have it mentally. 

Being objective I would say you're correct that if any QB was going to get cut it would be Bryce Petty. But I don't believe Mac is going to give up on Bryce Petty so soon. Chan Gailey is probably not ready to throw his arms up in disgust with Petty either. It's beginning to look like the Jets may actually have to carry 4 QB's into the regular season assuming Fitz resigns.

Just now, Mainejet said:

Being objective I would say you're correct that if any QB was going to get cut it would be Bryce Petty. But I don't believe Mac is going to give up on Bryce Petty so soon. Chan Gailey is probably not ready to throw his arms up in disgust with Petty either. It's beginning to look like the Jets may actually have to carry 4 QB's into the regular season assuming Fitz resigns.

I agree, it's tough to say. Who knows how they view each player, and what their plans are if they sign Fitz.  It's going to be a tough decision if they don't want to keep 4 QB's. 

Just now, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

"Cut Geno" some slack please!

Fitz wanting $12M/per is way more appalling than turning the team over to Geno the village idiot. Our QB situation reminds me of this year's presidential race....can't wait till it's over!

No WAY!!! Haven't you read the obligatory pro Geno statements yet? "The game has really slowed down for him" "There's a sense of poise, comfort" "You've got to give guys time and every guy's different, and he seems to be growing. And that's a good thing for all of us." quotes from his teammates who are going to watch their production and thus, their $$$$$ drop significantly with Mister "He's Finally Getting It Smith" under center

Woe is us... 

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

No WAY!!! Haven't you read the obligatory pro Geno statements yet? "The game has really slowed down for him" "There's a sense of poise, comfort" "You've got to give guys time and every guy's different, and he seems to be growing. And that's a good thing for all of us." quotes from his teammates who are going to watch their production and thus, their $$$$$ drop significantly with Mister "He's Finally Getting It Smith" under center

Woe is us... 

And yet cutting him under any financial standpoint is still absurd. Guy is on a cheap contract. The other young QBs apparently look worse in no-pads practices than Geno looks in games. Even if they eventually get Fitz back in here, can't see a scenario where Geno is just cut for the sake of being cut (despite the wettest dreams of some of the biggest Geno haters on the board)

This offseason sucks. I suppose it's not as bad as the Tebow offseason, but it's pretty bad. Actually I dunno, when you break it down to the weird Tebow cult guys that showed up here for a year vs 3-4 regulars turning into everyday wannabe gotcha guys, this might be worse.

10 minutes ago, bergenjets said:

Let's cut the most experienced QB (with a team friendly salary) on the roster and leave us with two guys that have never taken a snap in a real game. That's the road to greatness.

It all depends on when exactly you expect to realize this greatness of which you speak .  Not that I am agreeing with the Cut Geno clan, but sometimes you have to take a couple steps backward before you can move forward .

33 minutes ago, Larz said:

this is a trolling thread, right ?

I think the jets are better off with fitz, but giving him 3/36 is stoopid, and then having a little guy that likes to run around and dive head first backed up by petty is not smart

has to be trolling

Gotta' put a clause in Fitz's deal saying first time he slides head first, salary reverts to vet league minimum....that should fix the problem.  If not...win/win. :)

4 hours ago, johnnyjet said:

Ban Johnnyjet and save the bandwidth. The sooner we rid ourselves of this bum, the better. He gives sh*tty posters a bad name. 

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Cut Geno? Bowles said on Wednesday night that Geno was performing much better in practice than the young and inexperienced QBs currently on the roster.  You don't just give roster spots and starting jobs, you earn them! Cutting Geno is ridiculous at this point.

Dude, stop. Don't make too much sense to the insane. They'll go sane!

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

It all depends on when exactly you expect to realize this greatness of which you speak .  Not that I am agreeing with the Cut Geno clan, but sometimes you have to take a couple steps backward before you can move forward .

yea but Tinstar it's been what 17-18 years that we've been together on these Jets message boards, from The Rivals to The Greenhouse, to Insiders and JN and all it ever IS is two steps up 3 steps back-when do we get to watch the Jets take 5 steps forward again? I mean we're coming up on a half a century of the SOS

2 hours ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Well, Petty would totally kill it if the game was played on PlayStation. Outside of that, Petty does a good job holding on to that clipboard.

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Gotta' put a clause in Fitz's deal saying first time he slides head first, salary reverts to vet league minimum....that should fix the problem.  If not...win/win. :)

That's what I can't understand; why isn't there a clause-filled contract with whipped cream, nuts, cherries and sprinkles as well as hot fudge and caramel sauce all laid out for Fitz to sign? Play every game get this, Make the playoffs you get this, go to the next round more, get to the big dance even more, win the SB with an MVP and it's a brinks truck 

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

That's what I can't understand; why isn't there a clause-filled contract with whipped cream, nuts, cherries and sprinkles as well as hot fudge and caramel sauce all laid out for Fitz to sign? Play every game get this, Make the playoffs you get this, go to the next round more, get to the big dance even more, win the SB with an MVP and it's a brinks truck 

In a perfect world, most players would sign deals like this, but how many do?

25 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Woe is us... 

You forgot "helluva player "

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

yea but Tinstar it's been what 17-18 years that we've been together on these Jets message boards, from The Rivals to The Greenhouse, to Insiders and JN and all it ever IS is two steps up 3 steps back-when do we get to watch the Jets take 5 steps forward again? I mean we're coming up on a half a century of the SOS

But what have we done in all that time to change the path of our beloved Franchise ?  The only thing that has been a constant is change and because of it constant misery . Forgetting those things which are behind us and reaching for those things which are before us .  The 1st thing we as a franchise need to do is forget the past 40 years.  If you take the issues of your last marriage into your new marriage, the results are almost certain to look familiar.

Mac and Bowles have nothing to do with the last 40 years of Jets misery. Allow them to execute their plan, allow them to fail while growing and wait for the fruits of their labor .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

But what have we done in all that time to change the path of our beloved Franchise ?  The only thing that has been a constant is change and because of it constant misery . Forgetting those things which are behind us and reaching for those things which are before us .  The 1st thing we as a franchise need to do is forget the past 40 years.  If you take the issues of your last marriage into your new marriage, the results are almost certain to look familiar.

Mac and Bowles have nothing to do with the last 40 years of Jets misery. Allow them to execute their plan, allow them to fail while growing and wait for the fruits of their labor .

But in those 40 years we haven't had a decent QB who could get us to the big game the closest by far was Sanchez like him or not and he did with 1 of the worst head coaches in the NFL. 

14 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Because no agent is going to take that to his client .

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

You forgot "helluva player "

You know that both Decker and Marshall are spittin' bricks knowing that their personal production is going into the toilet with that idiot at QB. You know what it will be like Crush, is another one of those years when the team get decimated by mysterious injury after injury, like what happened during the last Herm Edwards like head coach we had-which is right now, pretty much where I rate this guy. It's too bad that we Jets fans have to be stuck with a petrie dish owner who has to have the league help him get coaches and GMs because he garners ZERO respect from the football community.

Archived