Lebron watch

Matt39

1 minute ago, SMC said:

One of the greatest sports performances ever by LeBron. He was amazing. Congratulations to Cleveland for 52 year drought.

LeBron is one of the all time greats. 

What he did this series is the single greatest thing I have ever seen any athlete in team sports do. Guy brings the team back from 3-1, then hangs a triple-double on the road in the toughest arena in the league against a team that won 73 games. Unreal.

That block won them the chip.

9 hours ago, Larz said:

I think "crying lebron face" is about to become a thing

curry's bricks lost the champ

Really?  His face really never changes expressions.  Just gets wetter when he cries. Dude could trick the hell out of people in a wax museum. 

11 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

What he did this series is the single greatest thing I have ever seen any athlete in team sports do. Guy brings the team back from 3-1, then hangs a triple-double on the road in the toughest arena in the league against a team that won 73 games. Unreal.

That block won them the chip.

LeBron was the first player in NBA history to lead both teams in a series  of any length in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks.  He was incredible. What a signature series to have for a HOF career.  Jeesh. 

Curry was tight last NBA Finals (hence, Iggy winning the Finals MVP).  So there was no real difference between Finals Curry 2015 and Finals Curry 2016,  The difference was LeBron and Irving when they were down 3-1.  Ultimately, the Warriors had no answer for both in the final 3 games.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

LeBron was 8 total assists away from averaging a triple-double for the series.

I was rooting for GS.  But as a sports fan, last night was a blissful experience.  What a game, what a performance by LeBron and Irving.

As much as I hate LeBron, he was an absolute monster.  Those last 3 games were as good as it gets.  Even last night, he had a woeful shooting performance.  I mean, flat broke but the dude kept giving it everything he had and impacted literally every single aspect of the game.  He's a very unlikable player but you cant deny his dominance.  He's unreal.

Curry and Thompson are soft.  Curry is a little bitch, straight up.  He can shoot lights out, but his gunner mentality killed them.  He throws up some stupid sh*t that you can live with because he makes it, but the playoffs are not the regular season. You cant take shots from half court in tight games.  2 Finals in a row and he's been a no show in both.  Thompson plays scared.  If he's not hitting his 3, he's worthless.  I really wish the Cavs were full strength last year because I think the Warriors are a bunch of frauds.  **** their regular season.  Who cares? 

And Steve Kerr should be shot how he handled that game. The bench needs to shrink in the playoffs and for damn sure in game 7.  How the **** does the MVP of the league play less than 40 minutes?  Foul trouble be damned.  Cleveland basically played a 7 man rotation.  Kerr never adjusted.

That said, the NBA is a piss poor product.  The refs impact the game way too much and the NBA has to do something about the way the players are allowed to engage with them non-stop, every play, even in the middle of live action.  Every single call or non-call has turn into a playground argument.  It's hard to watch.  Granted, a lot of its on the players too but they have to step in.  It's too much.  

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

As much as I hate LeBron, he was an absolute monster.  Those last 3 games were as good as it gets.  Even last night, he had a woeful shooting performance.  I mean, flat broke but the dude kept giving it everything he had and impacted literally every single aspect of the game.  He's a very unlikable player but you cant deny his dominance.  He's unreal.

Curry and Thompson are soft.  Curry is a little bitch, straight up.  He can shoot lights out, but his gunner mentality killed them.  He throws up some stupid sh*t that you can live with because he makes it, but the playoffs are not the regular season. You cant take shots from half court in tight games.  2 Finals in a row and he's been a no show in both.  Thompson plays scared.  If he's not hitting his 3, he's worthless.  I really wish the Cavs were full strength last year because I think the Warriors are a bunch of frauds.  **** their regular season.  Who cares? 

And Steve Kerr should be shot how he handled that game. The bench needs to shrink in the playoffs and for damn sure in game 7.  How the **** does the MVP of the league play less than 40 minutes?  Foul trouble be damned.  Cleveland basically played a 7 man rotation.  Kerr never adjusted.

That said, the NBA is a piss poor product.  The refs impact the game way too much and the NBA has to do something about the way the players are allowed to engage with them non-stop, every play, even in the middle of live action.  Every single call or non-call has turn into a playground argument.  It's hard to watch.  Granted, a lot of its on the players too but they have to step in.  It's too much.  

For a 7 game series, it was pretty bad basketball all around. Even last nights game wasnt that good...and it was the only closegame of the series.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

For a 7 game series, it was pretty bad basketball all around. Even last nights game wasnt that good...and it was the only closegame of the series.

Least compelling championship I can ever remember.  I know people can say but what about the comeback, down 3-1, game 7?  yadayadayada.

And thats cool but not a single good game of basketball was played.  Last night was the closest thing to it and like you said, it was ugly as hell.   The "splash brothers" were a joke.  

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Least compelling championship I can ever remember.  I know people can say but what about the comeback, down 3-1, game 7?  yadayadayada.

And thats cool but not a single good game of basketball was played.  Last night was the closest thing to it and like you said, it was ugly as hell.   The "splash brothers" were a joke.  

I think you're being a bit extreme here.  Everybody loved the Warriors' ball movement and crazy shooting.  It was better than ISO ball.  It was the Spurs system on steroids.  But in the end they ran into a legendary player in a magical moment.  That happens in sports.

Again, I keep getting reminded of Ali in Zaire.  There is no way in hell he should've beaten the much younger and more powerful Foreman.  LeBron changed everything.  Possessions became tougher for the Warriors because they had the human mismatch on the other side.  Plus, give Lue credit for the defensive gameplan.  By Game 7 the Cavs were brilliant in their switches.  Heck, even Love played good D in game 7.

6 minutes ago, SMC said:

I think you're being a bit extreme here.  Everybody loved the Warriors' ball movement and crazy shooting.  It was better than ISO ball.  It was the Spurs system on steroids.  But in the end they ran into a legendary player in a magical moment.  That happens in sports.

Again, I keep getting reminded of Ali in Zaire.  There is no way in hell he should've beaten the much younger and more powerful Foreman.  LeBron changed everything.  Possessions became tougher for the Warriors because they had the human mismatch on the other side.  Plus, give Lue credit for the defensive gameplan.  By Game 7 the Cavs were brilliant in their switches.  Heck, even Love played good D in game 7.

I dont think I'm being extreme.  That was a terrible series.  Game 7 was the only game remotely close and it was ugly basketball.  Every single win was double digits other than last night.  If it werent for game 7, it was the least compelling series in a sport I can think of.  Hell, last years Finals was 10x more compelling to watch.

I didnt have a dog in this race.  I wanted to see a great series with great bball.  This failed, miserably. 

The NBA certainly consists of the best talent on the planet, but that doesn't mean the actual quality of the product is that great.  Here we had the best player in the world in LeBron and a more than capable sidekick in Irving going against a 73-win team, and despite going 7 there was only one watchable game. 

Certainly amazing individual performances from LeBron and Irving, but the "team basketball" the Warriors usually play was not really there the overwhelming majority of the series.  You also had a pu$$y like Varejao, as he always does, flopping and whining about every call.....it was pretty brutal overall.  I still like Curry and wanted GS to win, but that was all highly disappointing.  It's almost like they collectively gave up when Draymond got suspended and they lost Bogut.  Those aren't valid excuses for blowing that series, not even close. 

To me, the college game still is far more entertaining. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The NBA certainly consists of the best talent on the planet, but that doesn't mean the actual quality of the product is that great.  Here we had the best player in the world in LeBron and a more than capable sidekick in Irving going against a 73-win team, and despite going 7 there was only one watchable game. 

Certainly amazing individual performances from LeBron and Irving, but the "team basketball" the Warriors usually play was not really there the overwhelming majority of the series.  You also had a pu$$y like Varejao, as he always does, flopping and whining about every call.....it was pretty brutal overall.

To me, the college game still is far more entertaining. 

Agreed 100%.  The NBA is trash.  It's top heavy and the "superstars" are completely unlikable.  Couple that with the playground mentality of arguing every single call and non-call and it's just a piss poor product.  The East is a complete joke and when you have guys like LeBron creating super teams and running coaches out of town, how can you appreciate it anymore? 

Just now, JiF said:

Agreed 100%.  The NBA is trash.  It's top heavy and the "superstars" are completely unlikable.  Couple that with the playground mentality of arguing every single call and non-call and it's just a piss poor product.  The East is a complete joke and when you have guys like LeBron creating super teams and running coaches out of town, how can you appreciate it anymore? 

The only team that may be fun to watch going forward is the Celtics.  And that's only because they have Brad Stevens, with a mid-major background at Butler, running the show, and no real internal battles on who the "alpha dog" should be. 

40 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think I'm being extreme.  That was a terrible series.  Game 7 was the only game remotely close and it was ugly basketball.  Every single win was double digits other than last night.  If it werent for game 7, it was the least compelling series in a sport I can think of.  Hell, last years Finals was 10x more compelling to watch.

I didnt have a dog in this race.  I wanted to see a great series with great bball.  This failed, miserably. 

Oh, I wasn't saying it was a good series.  I was talking about why it was ugly and the criticism of the Splash Brothers.  We've seen great series and this was surely not one of them, although it had a great ending.

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The only team that may be fun to watch going forward is the Celtics.  And that's only because they have Brad Stevens, with a mid-major background at Butler, running the show, and no real internal battles on who the "alpha dog" should be. 

Disagree.  Stevens is a great coach, top 5 in NBA easily, but the Celtics are ugly to watch because there's a real dearth of talent on that team beyond Thomas, and this was Thomas's biggest year.  Stevens has them over achieve.

Ainge knows they have no real talent, that's why he's constantly pining to make trades and unload their essentially useless assets in trade picks.

1 hour ago, SMC said:

Disagree.  Stevens is a great coach, top 5 in NBA easily, but the Celtics are ugly to watch because there's a real dearth of talent on that team beyond Thomas, and this was Thomas's biggest year.  Stevens has them over achieve.

Exactly why they'll be interesting to watch.  Imagine if they got Kevin Durant?

18 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Unanimous MVP. Riiiiiiiight.

the game was there for the taking by the warriors.  the last 3 possesions were brutal.  the last possession was set up beautifully for steph and he choked HARD

doesn't matter, the NBA sux anyway

22 hours ago, Larz said:

I think "crying lebron face" is about to become a thing

curry's bricks lost the champ

Yep.  I was wondering if he was going to fake a Jordan moment with the fall to the floor and dry tears act. Hey, he played great and says all the right things so congrats to him and his city.

I thought his point guard had as much to do with the comeback as well.

Archived