Sanchez NOT a lock to start.

Integrity28

Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian gridlocked

Denver Broncos QBs Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian are “looking each other in the eye” for the starting quarterback position, according to head coach Gary Kubiak. QB Paxton Lynch is the clear No. 3 quarterback at this point.

TIP: It was to be expected that Lynch would be on the outside looking in for his rookie season. As stated earlier, though, none of the three quarterbacks are QB1 material.

I know there are several people that like to poop themselves daily bickering over hypothetical Sanchez-isms. So, yeah. 

7 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm this is interesting since at the end of OTAs they had Sanchez alone working with the ones   

Elway when they signed Sanchez:  "Hmm, maybe he won't suck too badly.  I mean, we did win a title with really sh*tty QB play."

Elway when first getting a look at him:  "Jeez, he does suck.  The Jets and Eagles were both right."

Elway now:  "Anybody.  Anybody but Sanchez at QB.  Anybody.  Sure, Semen, get in there.  Whatever."

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Elway when they signed Sanchez:  "Hmm, maybe he won't suck too badly.  I mean, we did win a title with really sh*tty QB play."

Elway when first getting a look at him:  "Jeez, he does suck.  The Jets and Eagles were both right."

Elway now:  "Anybody.  Anybody but Sanchez at QB.  Anybody.  Sure, Semen, get in there.  Whatever."

:lol:

I'd have to think that Mark is still the favorite to win that job. If they use him right he could be an adequate game manager in a base offense. This is a team driven by their defense and last year didn't get that much from the Qb position anyways. Of course if Mark turns the ball over a lot they'll run him out of town. The thing is not to let him turn the ball over. I think that Kubiak is smart enough not to do this. I still wouldn't be that surprised if SF relents and pays more of Kap's salary and they make a deal with Denver. And Kap is getting there in terms of health.

The kids done great, how much money has he made out of playing in the NFL and sucking?

$70 million so far, sadly most of that paid by the Jets.

ESTIMATED CAREER EARNINGS

YEAR    TEAM    TOTAL CASH
2009        $10,100,000
2010        $16,567,500
2011        $14,725,000
2012        $11,750,000
2013        $8,750,000
2014        $2,500,000
2015        $4,758,332
7 seasons    $69,150,832
2016        $4,500,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/mark-sanchez/cash-earnings/

I'd have to think that Mark is still the favorite to win that job. If they use him right he could be an adequate game manager in a base offense. This is a team driven by their defense and last year didn't get that much from the Qb position anyways. Of course if Mark turns the ball over a lot they'll run him out of town. The thing is not to let him turn the ball over. I think that Kubiak is smart enough not to do this. I still wouldn't be that surprised if SF relents and pays more of Kap's salary and they make a deal with Denver. And Kap is getting there in terms of health.

And if he does win the starting job they should give him an immediate raise to 12m right? I mean, he's a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

And if he does win the starting job they should give him an immediate raise to 12m right? I mean, he's a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitz started last year and a good percentage of 2014 for 3.25 mil per year and outplayed the contract and didn't complain about it. But if Mark starts and has a good year he'll have every right to try to get a better deal and starter money. I didn't make the pay scale. 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

it's always comical when fans fall prey to media hype based on OTAs/minicamps.  we have access to so much more info than ever before yet the average fan just has no idea how to use that information.

I knew exactly how to use it. To troll morons. 

Marvelous self-awareness by the way.

How do you move up in the draft in order to draft a guy as a 1st round pick and have him not even in the conversation? I can understand drafting a QB anywhere else in the draft, but if you take a guy in the 1st round imo he should atleast be pressing the issue. Im not saying that he should start, but when a team makes it clearly known that Trevor Siemian is ahead of you (who the hell is Tevor Siemian) maybe the Broncos should have taken their chances by trying to get above the cowboys in the 2nd round and taking him there. 

I guess getting that 5th round option is great, but by the 5th year if you feel that good about him then you can simply franchise him too (Kirk Cousins). 

I wasnt a fan of Paxton Lynch, but the fact that he's "clearly"  3rd string makes me feel like maybe he wasnt worth being picked in the 1st round. 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The kids done great, how much money has he made out of playing in the NFL and sucking?

$70 million so far, sadly most of that paid by the Jets.

ESTIMATED CAREER EARNINGS

YEAR    TEAM    TOTAL CASH
2009        $10,100,000
2010        $16,567,500
2011        $14,725,000
2012        $11,750,000
2013        $8,750,000
2014        $2,500,000
2015        $4,758,332
7 seasons    $69,150,832
2016        $4,500,000

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/mark-sanchez/cash-earnings/

Wow

26 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

How do you move up in the draft in order to draft a guy as a 1st round pick and have him not even in the conversation? I can understand drafting a QB anywhere else in the draft, but if you take a guy in the 1st round imo he should atleast be pressing the issue. Im not saying that he should start, but when a team makes it clearly known that Trevor Siemian is ahead of you (who the hell is Tevor Siemian) maybe the Broncos should have taken their chances by trying to get above the cowboys in the 2nd round and taking him there. 

I guess getting that 5th round option is great, but by the 5th year if you feel that good about him then you can simply franchise him too (Kirk Cousins). 

I wasnt a fan of Paxton Lynch, but the fact that he's "clearly"  3rd string makes me feel like maybe he wasnt worth being picked in the 1st round. 

They could be pushing his buttons ala  Bill Parcells-put the rookie in his place and see how he responds.

7 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Mark Sanchez aka Butt fumbler isn't a definition of game manager .  Throws too many interceptions, to qualify as that type of Qb( 86 Tds and 84 interceptions in his career- versus Alex Smith the ultimate game manager).

The Broncos once they sign Von Miller can't afford to sign or trade for any other Qb .    They pretty much have to go with a Qb they have on their current roster.   

I don't think the Bronco's blueprint they used in 2015 , going to work this year- will be good enough to win Afc West . First while the Bronco's defense still pretty good, it isn't at 2015 level.   Lost some key players in Fa,  Talib facing a possible suspension , and Von Miller probably missing all of training camp.  All typical Super Bowl champs hangover syndrome)

Second  teams in the Afc West have gotten a lot better on both sides of the ball.  Going to take more than their Defense to win games this year . A Qb is going to have to carry that offense.( have worst Qb situation in the division). 

Third the Broncos offense line isn't that good to rely on a Qb just being a game manager.  The pass rushers they will see from their Afc West rivals is going to make life miserable for whoever they put back there at Qb.   Lets see top pass rushers + going against porous offense line = Denver Qb going to feel like he's a piñata.

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Fitz started last year and a good percentage of 2014 for 3.25 mil per year and outplayed the contract and didn't complain about it. But if Mark starts and has a good year he'll have every right to try to get a better deal and starter money. I didn't make the pay scale. 

You pretend like you did. I'd holdout along with Sanchez if I was Simian n ask to be paid $12mil each. Doesn't matter if they suck, a starter should be paid $12 mil. That's the starting figure, never mind Brady's $14 mil n RG3s 5. 

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I knew exactly how to use it. To troll morons. 

Marvelous self-awareness by the way.

you trolled yourself?  this topic has nothing to do w/ Sanchez for me, it has to do w/ common sense which you clearly lack.    Have a good day!

Obviously Denver wants Lynch to start, they aren't going to annoint mark or anyone else.  if the rookie is ready he will start day 1, if not he will start when they feel he is ready.  this is such a stupid topic started by a trollish buffoon.

9 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

For all of P Manning's decline, it will be interesting to see how the drop down to Sanchez will drag the team down.  I wonder who will win the division.

haha, the QB play in denver is guaranteed to be better than the awful play they got last year.  the difference in the team will be on D where they are still really good but may not be great due to some losses.

Peyton was dragged kicking and screaming to that SB.  that's how he wins, he needs an elite D to win, in his 2 SB winning postseasons his D's allowed 12.8 PPG in the 2006 run and 14.7 PPG in the 2015 run.  it's hard not to win w/ defense like that.

49 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you trolled yourself?  this topic has nothing to do w/ Sanchez for me, it has to do w/ common sense which you clearly lack.    Have a good day!

No, the topic is about Sanchez.

Don't let that stop you from arguing with yourself about what it's really about though. I wouldn't want to deprive folks of the entertainment.

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

haha, the QB play in denver is guaranteed to be better than the awful play they got last year.  the difference in the team will be on D where they are still really good but may not be great due to some losses.

Peyton was dragged kicking and screaming to that SB.  that's how he wins, he needs an elite D to win, in his 2 SB winning postseasons his D's allowed 12.8 PPG in the 2006 run and 14.7 PPG in the 2015 run.  it's hard not to win w/ defense like that.

"Not about Sanchez."

Immediately begins posturing for the Sanchez argument.

LOL

I literally started this thread specifically to get you to respond and do exactly this... 

So. Easy.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

No, the topic is about Sanchez.

Don't let that stop you from arguing with yourself about what it's really about though. I wouldn't want to deprive folks of the entertainment.

entertainment for me is laughing when you try to talk football.

Archived