Congratulations Cleveland!!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I am so happy for the people and the fans of Cleveland.  

I saw real happiness from those Clevland players and those fans and that is what sports is all about.  

So thank you Clevland.  

Was good to see for the fans to finally have something to celebrate.  

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Screw Cleveland. My NBA team lost I could care less about their happiness. Where is my happiness?

I truly hope that you are not complaining when "your team" just won last year and the Cleveland fans haven't won in a generation. 

Cause if so then this is for you 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I truly hope that you are not complaining when "your team" just won last year and the Cleveland fans haven't won in a generation. 

Cause if so then this is for you 

I get so tired of people putting quotation marks around "your team" and "fan" as if I'm some bandwagon. I started out with the Warriors and I started out with the Jets. I'm loyal and don't switch to the most trending team lol. Now that, that is straight.. why wouldn't I be upset we just had a 73-9 record do you know how GOOD it would of felt to cap it off with a championship? I have plenty of reasons to be upset about the loss. **** the Cavs. I don't like LeBron what so ever nor do I care about how many years it's been since they won a championship. You know how long it has been for us Jet fans and no one shows us sympathy. Two words.. Screw LeBron. That's like if the Patriots haven't won in forever and I just congratulate them for their first championship in a generation. Same hatred I feel for Brady I feel for LeBron. Just a sports thing.

I get so tired of people putting quotation marks around "your team" and "fan" as if I'm some bandwagon. I started out with the Warriors and I started out with the Jets. I'm loyal and don't switch to the most trending team lol. Now that, that is straight.. why wouldn't I be upset we just had a 73-9 record do you know how GOOD it would of felt to cap it off with a championship? I have plenty of reasons to be upset about the loss. **** the Cavs. I don't like LeBron what so ever nor do I care about how many years it's been since they won a championship. You know how long it has been for us Jet fans and no one shows us sympathy. Two words.. Screw LeBron. That's like if the Patriots haven't won in forever and I just congratulate them for their first championship in a generation. Same hatred I feel for Brady I feel for LeBron. Just a sports thing.

Like the passion!

I was happy for two reasons last night.

Not a Curry fan.  I feel he's a cocky little pr*ck.  More cocky than LeBron.

Other reason is there is a rumor out there that if LeBron won it all for Cleveland, his next challenge may be to come and join his best buddy in NY to help him win a championship.

Granted it is a LONG, LONG, LONG shot.  But it is out there.

I share Knicks STs with 2 partners.  This happens, Knick tickets go through the roof.

Still makes you a traitor...Unless you're from Oakland. So what if they turned you young.

It's like rooting for Russia in the olympics...but I've always rooted for Russia...So? 

That was the most rigged finals I have ever seen in my entire life.  The officiating was brutal at best and the last three games were called entering different than the entire season or playoffs before it.   And it was obvious to anyone watching the game.

And for the record, I never seen a "super star" complain so much to the refs after what few calls went against the Cavs.  And he claims to be the best ever?  LBJ was afraid to shoot the ball the entire game.   His current supporting cast puts Jordan's to shame.

LBJ winning a championship for Cleveland was a better story for the NBA than GS being the best team ever.  

Hmm, liking the Warriors so long go pegs you as a Rick Barry fan, and Rick Barry is an all time dbag, just like LeBron. Possibly a bigger dbag , if that is humanly possible. I think it is, as all of Rick Barry's sons wound up being douche-like windbags on TV. That means he caused his doucheness to spread at least a generation, while we have to wait to see if that is true for LeBron. 

Sorry, but liking such a douche makes you one by proxy. Screw the Warriors. Though they play great team ball. Curry was likable until he got all smug. LeBron has never been likable. Screw the ex Knick dicks who rode LeBron's coattails while contributing little. Looking at you Shumpert and JR Smith. Mozgov is all good with me. 

I'm just kidding. It's a better story line and theater for the NBA if the championship goes Warriors->Cavaliers (ah, LeBron's Redemption song)->Warriors. 

I'm thinking of dropping a LOT of money on the Warriors to win it all next year. Obviously they have a great team. And they are sure to have a little "extra" help. That's the way the NBA playoffs works. The league has an agenda and advised the refs to get out or swallow the whistle on about 5 plays a game, which is enough for a very talented team to swing the advantage their way. They don't specifically "fix" but they DEFINITELY "assist". 

All you have to do is watch film. Watch how Kobe got gifted a few finals appearances at the expense of the less compelling Kings or Suns. 

I just hope the league gets around to gifting the Knicks a championship in my lifetime (well, they won twice but I was young) - hey, it's been 40+ years for them too, but Dolan is such an asshat and probably hated by league office, that it seems unlikely until he dies, and he's not older than me by enough years for me to like my chances. 

If you don't think the NBA fixes things so certain stars shine, then you don't recall the crappy mid 70's NBA, where the NBA had a real concern, in their mind, that cocaine fueled negroes running wild were going to cause white fans and TV money to abandon the game for good. When transcendent starts of Bird/Magic/Jordan rescued the league from itself, you know they've been running the "promote stars and entertainment over team play and quality bball" ever since. Does quality ball happen? Yes, and often. But the league has tilted rules and calls towards stars ever since the post mid 70's dark days. Just the way it is. I still like it as a sport, but I'm a realist about what I'm watching. Do I wish they'd stop it? Sure - but institutional memory and fears run deep.

23 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Screw the ex Knick dicks who rode LeBron's coattails while contributing little. Looking at you Shumpert and JR Smith.

I wasn't a fan of them either.  Was happy when they both were traded from the Knicks.

But if Shumpert doesn't make that 4 point play last night, they don't win.

I am a St. John's fan back when it was realistic to root for them.  Grew up idolize get Chris Mullin.  Loved TMC during the short time they were together.  Stayed with them throughout the the Richmond for Billy Owens trade, the Webber holdout and trade, taking Joe Smith over Garnett, Todd Fuller over Kobe, etc.. Cleveland while not having won a championship before last night, has not had to endure what GS fans have been through the last 20 years.  

Lets face it, the NBA markets it's players, unlike the NFL, who markets the logo on the helmet.  

I believe the outcome was choreographed by league office to cater to Nike and LBJ and facilitated by the officiating.

Its not the first time and it won't be the last.

Screw Cleveland. Why do I have to feel sorry for them?  I'm a Knicks fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Jets fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Mets fan, I barely remember the only Wold Series of my life.  

Good for them and whatever but **** off.  They're not the only ones suffering. haha

LeBron is a monster and that was some amazing sh*t he did over the last 3 games and I still hate him

Curry is a bitch.  Flat out.  Cant stand him.

Thank god game 7 delivered because the was the worst the championship series I've ever seen in my life.

30 minutes ago, JiF said:

Screw Cleveland. Why do I have to feel sorry for them?  I'm a Knicks fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Jets fan, I've never seen a title in my life.  I'm a Mets fan, I barely remember the only Wold Series of my life.  

Good for them and whatever but **** off.  They're not the only ones suffering. haha

LeBron is a monster and that was some amazing sh*t he did over the last 3 games and I still hate him

Curry is a bitch.  Flat out.  Cant stand him.

Thank god game 7 delivered because the was the worst the championship series I've ever seen in my life.

I was on my way down my street coming back from the beach and I checked the score on my phone and it was 8 to 8.  I was shocked.  I was expecting a blowout one way or another. It was an amazing game 7.  Kyree Irving is a very fun guy watch play.  Dude was mad clutch this game.  

Not defending Curry but the refs were allowing chips and moving picks on him the whole series.  I don't have a problem with it cause Irving didn't have any problem with it but that's not how the game has been officiated the last few seasons or even in the playoffs first three rounds. 

Irving was the best player on the floor the entire series.  Even more so last night when the self annointed "King" was afraid to take a jump shot.

5 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Not defending Curry but the refs were allowing chips and moving picks on him the whole series.  I don't have a problem with it cause Irving didn't have any problem with it but that's not how the game has been officiated the last few seasons or even in the playoffs first three rounds. 

Irving was the best player on the floor the entire series.  Even more so last night when the self annointed "King" was afraid to take a jump shot.

Was the most I ever cheered for a couple lay ups in my life.  LOL

Why on earth would I care in any way that Cleveland ended their drought?  I could care less about Cleveland sports (is this a Cavs forum?), LeBron or NBA basketball in general.   Good for them I suppose, but I could give ****all about it, has nothing to do with us, the NFL or the Jets. 

Mods, please move this thread to it's proper location in the "Not the NFL/Jets Forum".  Thanks.

57 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Irving was not the best player on the floor.  What have you been watching?  Lebron scores 40 points back to back and lead all statistical categories for both teams and Kyrie was the best player?  You're out of your mind.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I was on my way down my street coming back from the beach and I checked the score on my phone and it was 8 to 8.  I was shocked.  I was expecting a blowout one way or another. It was an amazing game 7.  Kyree Irving is a very fun guy watch play.  Dude was mad clutch this game.  

Kryie was literally the only likable player on the entire court.  He's a bad mofo and he's all about the business.  I love players that dont let their emotions run hot and ruin the game with their antics.  None of that bull sh*t that LeBron and Curry pull every damn time down the court.  Just a silent assassin. 

Cleveland had the 2 best players in that series....by far. 

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Mmm. All these flavors and some of you choose to be salty.

I flipped for Jordan, there was the point where I knew I was watching the greatest player of any sport ever, and stopped caring the Knicks would never win a championship with him around. Because he was that great. That special. That amazing. 

Lebron James can Go **** Himself. 

Archived