Congratulations Cleveland!!!

Charlie Brown

7 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

If I wanted to gay up the thread I'd have said Rodman's better than Jordan. Which he is. But I'm not saying that. At present. Rights reserved.

WP has always overly weighed defensive rebounding. And I'm pretty sure you dont believe Rodman was ever a better player than Jordan.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

WP has always overly weighed defensive rebounding. And I'm pretty sure you dont believe Rodman was ever a better player than Jordan.

I believe all sorts of wild stuff. I don't think the notion that regression analysis does a better job of assigning weights to variables than your gut does qualifies.

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I agree with the general supporting cast argument, but.. how ******* good are Chris Bosch and his neck really?  Rodman was WAY ******* better than you are giving him credit, at least with the Pistons. He became a total sideshow and his bullsh*t rebounding celebrity sh*t was out of control, but his D was a HUGE part of that Bad Boys dynasty.  A sh*tload more than that hack Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn.  Guy was a true shutdown defender and that was pretty big when trying to get around Bird, Dominique, the Bulls and the rest.

Wilt was that ******* great.  He was probably half washed up by the time I remember him and he was better than Kareem and Shaq.

Cause he plays like a nerd.

He'd have kept hogging the ball like he did in '99.  Took the ******* guy getting hurt for that lineup to take off.

Wilt dominated b/c of his size and only won 1 or 2 titles in his career.  

15 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I believe all sorts of wild stuff. I don't think the notion that regression analysis does a better job of assigning weights to variables than your gut does qualifies.

I'd argue some of that weight is off. WP is great as an output, using it as a tool to measure each players individual worth over the course of their careers is tricky. Obviously a starting 5 of all Rodman's would be awful.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I'd argue some of that weight is off. WP is great as an output, using it as a tool to measure each players individual worth over the course of their careers is tricky. Obviously a starting 5 of all Rodman's would be awful.

This begs the question of why hypothetical clone lineups is a good way to measure how basketball games are won in the real world.

Archived