Brandon Bostick ran a 4.49 at two pro days

AFJF

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Brandon Bostick is so good he had TWO pro days. 

If that right there doesn't tell us he's bound for Canton...nothing will.

At Bostick's 2012 two pro days (at Newberry and at Coastal Carolina), he blazed his 40-yard dash in 4.49 seconds and notched a 36-inch vertical jump. For comparison's sake, those measurables would have been best and second-best among tight ends at this year's NFL combine.

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

19 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Great, except it never happened.

Wiki confirmed by NFL Draft Scouts

Pre-draft measurables
Ht Wt 40-yd dash 10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss 3-cone Vert Broad BP
6 ft 3 in 243 lb 4.59 s 1.67 s 2.73 s 4.25 s 7.41 s 36 in 10 ft 1 in 19 reps

5 hours ago, cant wait said:

despite OP's inaccurate headline (as usual) bostick is unlikely to make the team unless he can figure out how to block. the jets had a fast TE named jeff cumberland who's useless 4.45 speed is now in SD

I think he has learned to block over the last 4 years, but has he increased his strength?  That's what we'll be looking at. 

He has a very good chance of making the 53 however that only speaks to our TE depth. He'll be fighting with Saxton for a spot. 

6 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Pre-draft measurables

We've got conflicting reports just on Draft Scouts own site. It says 40 low 4.49 40 time 4.59 40 high 4.70 

Don't know what that means but he looked pretty fast in Green Bay. Can he hold up at the point of attack? Probably as well as anyone we have. 

Pre-draft measurables

Pretty sure NFL draft scouts gets their 40 times using a solar powered stopwatch in the dark.  Stopped using them years ago when I realized how often they were wrong.

In fairness, I don't know where the article claiming the 2 4.49's got their times.

17 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

We've got conflicting reports just on Draft Scouts own site. It says 40 low 4.49 40 time 4.59 40 high 4.70 

Don't know what that means but he looked pretty fast in Green Bay. Can he hold up at the point of attack? Probably as well as anyone we have. 

4.49 -4.7 is a guess, what they think Bostick might run. The 4.59 is his actual time.

The school where it was run is listed. Wiki has the exact Pro Day #s  of every event,

listed at Draft Scouts. Nonetheless great athlete, who the Packers had pegged to be the

downfield successor to Jermichael Finley. All Pro Day info is dubious, my Rabbi had me

with 50 lifts of the Torah, while people at the congregation claimed I never lifted it once

45 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It means they just kinda guess or grab some 40 times from around the web in any articles they can find IMO.

Even after players run the 40 in public, at the combine, their numbers don't match what the player did.

54 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Their site says he also ran a low of 4.49 FWIW.

Never mind...just saw the post saying that some of their 40 times are guesses.

18 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

4.49 -4.7 is a guess, what they think Bostick might run. The 4.59 is his actual time.

The school where it was run is listed. Wiki has the exact Pro Day #s  of every event,

listed at Draft Scouts. Nonetheless great athlete, who the Packers had pegged to be the

downfield successor to Jermichael Finley. All Pro Day info is dubious, my Rabbi had me

with 50 lifts of the Torah, while people at the congregation claimed I never lifted it once

They post 40 times that they predict/guess?  Wow.

48 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

You do know people are able to edit Wikipedia? His Mom probably is approved to change info.

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You do know people are able to edit Wikipedia? His Mom probably is approved to change info.

Surprised people still use them tbh.

Silly thread though...should have started a discussion about Fitz's weak arm.  Oh, and fun fact...did you know he's never won a playoff game?

33 minutes ago, KRL said:

The TE position is wide open anyone who shows they can perform can make the team.  If

Bostick is that good of an athlete he'll have his shot

Sounds like TEs were getting equal reps in mini camp too.  

Hoping Sudfeld can use that 6' 7" frame to carve out a role for himself.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

It means they just kinda guess or grab some 40 times from around the web in any articles they can find IMO.

Even after players run the 40 in public, at the combine, their numbers don't match what the player did.

What? more nonsense again. those 40 times are hand-timed by actual scouts. the high/low are the highest deviations from the consensus. the combine uses electronic times which is why they don't match the scouts #. and you call yourself a NFL "writer" :lol:

9 hours ago, cant wait said:

despite OP's inaccurate headline (as usual) bostick is unlikely to make the team unless he can figure out how to block. the jets had a fast TE named jeff cumberland who's useless 4.45 speed is now in SD

Cumberland was let go b/c he could not get open and catch the ball despite his size and speed. There's plenty of TE's that have a roster spot, even starting role, simply b/c they are receiving threats. 

Yes, to be an every down TE you have to now how to block. But if you can be a offensive weapon, you'll stay on the team. 

2 hours ago, ljr said:

image.jpeg

That's not the David, is it?  Hate that damn statue....waited on line forever to see it once and found out there was an identical one in a park down the street.  Total ripoff.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Didn't Cumberland run 4.4's? Something like that. 40's could help decipher what could be a great DB, RB or WR from a good one sometimes but besides that, not sure they mean much from a sh*t heap to solid range. I dunno. 

It's not the only thing that counts, but for a team that wants to get faster, it's a nice start.

I think the slower but bigger Sudfeld gets the nod but if that article is right and Bostick ran a 4.49, it adds some intrigue IMO.

Upvote for this.

29 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's not the David, is it?  Hate that damn statue....waited on line forever to see it once and found out there was an identical one in a park down the street.  Total ripoff.

Lol ... No just being silly with a play on words for the actor ... Background statue in a scene of the movie ;)

14 hours ago, cant wait said:

Cumberland's game speed was more like 5.45.

34 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Cumberland's game speed was more like 5.45.

He was plenty fast when they got him the ball.  Problem was, they rarely got him the ball.

Do you honestly think he didn't look fast on that 44-yd reception he had against Jax?

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's not the only thing that counts, but for a team that wants to get faster, it's a nice start.

I think the slower but bigger Sudfeld gets the nod but if that article is right and Bostick ran a 4.49, it adds some intrigue IMO.

Agreed

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

He was plenty fast when they got him the ball.  Problem was, they rarely got him the ball.

Do you honestly think he didn't look fast on that 44-yd reception he had against Jax?

If the guy weighs 250+ lbs. and runs faster than many starting wide receivers in the league, he is a freak of nature and they would be downright idiotic not to get him the ball. On that particular play against the Jags, I think the Jets caught the defense with the element of surprise and he was wide open...if he ran 4.45, being that far behind the defense, no one catches him. We shall see, maybe the Pats pick him up and use him as a duel threat opposite Gronk.

Just now, UpstateJetsGuru said:

If the guy weighs 250+ lbs. and runs faster than many starting wide receivers in the league, he is a freak of nature and they would be downright idiotic not to get him the ball. On that particular play against the Jags, I think the Jets caught the defense with the element of surprise and he was wide open...if he ran 4.45, being that far behind the defense, no one catches him. We shall see, maybe the Pats pick him up and use him as a duel threat opposite Gronk.

He already signed with the Chargers and he was converted to TE. He was a WR in college.

Archived