Knicks trade for Derrick Rose- OFFICIAL

Matt39

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Knicks gonna Knick. What a terrible trade.

Rose is an expiring. Got rid of Lopez who's overpaid and JAGS. All good as long as they dont give Rose a new deal, which they probably will because its the Knicks.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Rose is an expiring. Get rid of Lopez who's overpaid and jags. All good as long as they dont give Rose a new deal, which they probably will because its the Knicks.

What's the point of the trade? Freeing up cap space? That's it?

Jerian Grant is going to blow up for the Bulls now. Watch.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

What's the point of the trade? Freeing up cap space? That's it?

Jerian Grant is going to blow up for the Bulls now. Watch.

Yes, cap space. The push for the 2017 class I'd imagine. 

Sad to see Grant go, but I'm cool with the salary dump.

Truth is there's no point in evaluating any of this trade until the end of the 2017 offseason. If the Knicks can land Westbrook and Giannis or Griffin, this winds up being a fantastic move. If not, it's gonna look really bad.

And lol @ Phil with these second rounders.

Hate to see Grant leave, but guys get serious.  Knicks essentially traded Timmy Hardaway Jr. for Rose.  That's a good deal no matter how you shake it.

And don't forget that Grant is an older rookie and will be 24 next season.  The Knicks have cap space AND still have all their 1st rounders.  No brainer trade.  This allows Knicks to play Porzingis at the 5 more.

11 minutes ago, SMC said:

Hate to see Grant leave, but guys get serious.  Knicks essentially traded Timmy Hardaway Jr. for Rose.  That's a good deal no matter how you shake it.

And don't forget that Grant is an older rookie and will be 24 next season.  The Knicks have cap space AND still have all their 1st rounders.  No brainer trade.  This allows Knicks to play Porzingis at the 5 more.

Lopez was always a goner as soon as Porzingis cock smacked the league. The fact that we just moved him for a $21 million salary dump, for now, is pretty cool. But the last time the Knicks went this route, asking us all to be patient for yet ANOTHER year while they clear cap space for a superstar free agent push, it worked out terribly. That's the only thing I'm nervous about.

upset with Grant being traded. I enjoyed watching Lopez but I understand the salary dump. 

Rose BETTER NOT RESIGN otherwise this is a bad move and I'll don my shirt at every game I attend with T-Shirt:

firedolan.jpg

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lopez was always a goner as soon as Porzingis cock smacked the league. The fact that we just moved him for a $21 million salary dump, for now, is pretty cool. But the last time the Knicks went this route, asking us all to be patient for yet ANOTHER year while they clear cap space for a superstar free agent push, it worked out terribly. That's the only thing I'm nervous about.

This is all true, but the Knicks will have $35 million in cap space this year with Melo, KP and Rose in 2016.

That's better than having $35 million in cap space with Eddy Curry, Gallo and Duhon in 2010.

BTW, the Knicks waived Toney Wroten which means they only have 1 guard on the roster (Rose).  LOL

7 minutes ago, SMC said:

This is all true, but the Knicks will have $35 million in cap space this year with Melo, KP and Rose in 2016.

That's better than having $35 million in cap space with Eddy Curry, Gallo and Duhon in 2010.

BTW, the Knicks waived Toney Wroten which means they only have 1 guard on the roster (Rose).  LOL

There's no way Phil is going to be dumb enough to spend any of this sh*t, right? Save it for 2017. Unless it's for Durant of course.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There's no way Phil is going to be dumb enough to spend any of this sh*t, right? Save it for 2017. Unless it's for Durant of course.

IDK, but what about Conley?

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting 5 of KP (5), Melo (4) re-signed DWill (3), Rose (2), Conley (1).

That said, I want Westbrook, of course, but the rumors are already starting that he's signing with the Lakers.

Also, Durant is pie in sky, but trading RLO does free a starting spot for Durant

9 minutes ago, Colgateman said:

This trade depends on how Rose plays, if he plays anywhere near MVP level, this was a great trade

Knicks just traded for a former MVP under 30 yrs old and didn't have to give up a 1st rounder OR cap space.  That's a good trade even if Rose doesn't have a regain his MVP form.

I'm surprised by the fan and media criticism except it being latent Knicks-bias. Seriously.  The Knicks got Rose and gave up only Grant, who is expendable. RLo's value was in his affordable contract but everyone has cap space so that doesn't matter with cap explosion.

12 minutes ago, SMC said:

IDK, but what about Conley?

I wouldn't mind seeing a starting 5 of KP (5), Melo (4) re-signed DWill (3), Rose (2), Conley (1).

That said, I want Westbrook, of course, but the rumors are already starting that he's signing with the Lakers.

Also, Durant is pie in sky, but trading RLO does free a starting spot for Durant

Come on man, you know how this ends. We're probably signing Howard and reupping Williams or some sh*t.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Come on man, you know how this ends. We're probably signing Howard and reupping Williams or some sh*t.

Yes, I know, but today is a good day for me.  On my pro bono case I won a 5 year order of protection for my client against her abuser husband in Family Court.  Let me enjoy this moment topped off with good news about the Knicks.

But remember, in the end it's all about Porzingis.

52 minutes ago, HessStation said:

You guys are dicks it's a good trade 

a. Expiring contract

b. 15% chance Rose can return to form, if not, see (a.)

c. They didn't give up anything 

Optimistic silver lining here is Melo has always had his best years playing alongside strong point guards. Billups, Miller, Kidd...etc. The Knicks aren't going to be bad enough to push for a top lottery pick, so at least for now we can say that a healthy Derrick Rose probably puts this team in the playoffs for the first time in a while because the East is so incredibly weak. That said I'm convinced that none of this will happen because MSG is built on an Indian burial ground or something.

Knicks traded 2 1st rounders for Eddy Curry, 2 1st rounders for Starbury and 1 1st rounder for Bargnani.

Knicks just traded for a 27 yr old former MVP without giving up any 1st rounders.

Any other team the fans and media would say this is a great trade.

55 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Optimistic silver lining here is Melo has always had his best years playing alongside strong point guards. Billups, Miller, Kidd...etc. The Knicks aren't going to be bad enough to push for a top lottery pick, so at least for now we can say that a healthy Derrick Rose probably puts this team in the playoffs for the first time in a while because the East is so incredibly weak. That said I'm convinced that none of this will happen because MSG is built on an Indian burial ground or something.

Here's the bottom line tho, I'm actulllllly kinda excited to see the Knicks right now. Can't even remember the last time..

45 minutes ago, SMC said:

Knicks traded 2 1st rounders for Eddy Curry, 2 1st rounders for Starbury and 1 1st rounder for Bargnani.

Knicks just traded for a 27 yr old former MVP without giving up any 1st rounders.

Any other team the fans and media would say this is a great trade.

Why do you think the Bulls made the trade?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why do you think the Bulls made the trade?

Because they're rebuilding and they knew they weren't going to re-sign Rose.  The Bulls are losing Gasol and Noah.  There's also talk of them trading Butler.

I think its a win-win for both teams.

New York traded center Robin Lopez, guard Jose Calderon and guard Jerian Grant to Chicago, which shipped guard Justin Holiday, Rose and a 2017 second-round pick back to the Knicks.

A source close to Rose said the Chicago native was very emotional about leaving his hometown team, which drafted him No. 1 overall out of Memphis in 2008, because of all his great memories there but that he wanted the big stage of New York.

Once Rose got word the Bulls were looking to trade him, he hoped it would be to the Knicks.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

New York traded center Robin Lopez, guard Jose Calderon and guard Jerian Grant to Chicago, which shipped guard Justin Holiday, Rose and a 2017 second-round pick back to the Knicks.

A source close to Rose said the Chicago native was very emotional about leaving his hometown team, which drafted him No. 1 overall out of Memphis in 2008, because of all his great memories there but that he wanted the big stage of New York.

Once Rose got word the Bulls were looking to trade him, he hoped it would be to the Knicks.

Rose is a good dude and it is crazy how things change. The guy went from being THE man here to scapegoat within a matter of months, because this city treated him like absolute dogsh*t not too long after he got hurt. And in hindsight the guy was 100% justified in trying to tell people that his body wasn't ready, and nobody wanted to hear it.

I have been saying this for a while; if I had to pick the most entertaining players I have ever seen live at the top of their respective games, Iverson would be first overall, and then Rose would be right up with Jordan, Lebron, and Garnett. Before the injuries the dude had this ability to make lightning fast slashing look like he was floating on air. I have never seen anyone able to cut through the paint like him. He made everything look so effortless, never looked tired, and never so much as even made facial expressions. I saw him play at the Garden a long time ago and it was one of the most entertaining performances I have ever seen in that building.

Honestly, no matter where he would have ended up some part of me would have been wishing him the best. I hate the Bulls, and I always will, but the guy was so much fun to watch that you had to tip your cap to him. It's hard to get my hopes up for the Knicks with anything anymore, but it would be pretty awesome if he could revive his career in the Garden.

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Knicks gonna Knick. What a terrible trade.

Not a terrible trade at all.  Knicks get a competent pg, get rid of Calderon finally, Rose is an expiring contract and Lopez is a nice role player that can be easily replaced.

56 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

Not a terrible trade at all.  Knicks get a competent pg, get rid of Calderon finally, Rose is an expiring contract and Lopez is a nice role player that can be easily replaced.

Did they? Based on most metrics Rose was one of the worst guards in the league last year. Calderon was an expiring contract and he wouldn't have seen the court that much. Robin Lopez was a productive big man on the cheap. Whomever they get to "easily replace" him is going to be more expensive. Period. And they traded the player with the most upside in the trade who is going to flourish in the Bulls pick and roll offense.

Rose may be only 27/28 but he's not going to regain his form or magically have a better body. It's not going to happen. His explosiveness is not coming back and he's not the type of player who can still be a star without it. The best thing about this trade for the Knicks is his contract will expire and they can divorce themselves from it quickly. Too bad they'll only really have one building block left when it's all said and done.

13 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

The only real question now is whether Isiah takes off the Phil mask before or after he trades Porzingis for Ryan Howard.

I'm thinking this happens when they trade next years #1 overall for Cousins.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Did they? Based on most metrics Rose was one of the worst guards in the league last year. Calderon was an expiring contract and he wouldn't have seen the court that much. Robin Lopez was a productive big man on the cheap. Whomever they get to "easily replace" him is going to be more expensive. Period. And they traded the player with the most upside in the trade who is going to flourish in the Bulls pick and roll offense.

Rose may be only 27/28 but he's not going to regain his form or magically have a better body. It's not going to happen. His explosiveness is not coming back and he's not the type of player who can still be a star without it. The best thing about this trade for the Knicks is his contract will expire and they can divorce themselves from it quickly. Too bad they'll only really have one building block left when it's all said and done.

Calderon was the worst starting pg anywhere last year and it's not close.  Played 0 defense and couldn't run the offense.  Guy has no dribble and is slower than molasses

Rose is an expiring contract and he's playing for his next contract next year.  He looked a lot better second half of last season

The Bulls sucked last year because Hoiberg was an idiot who benched Noah 

Archived