Knicks trade for Derrick Rose- OFFICIAL

Matt39

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

KD. Yes. You'd have to ask them.

I don't know whether this is a good trade or not yet. If you want to call it bad because you think RoLo and Jerian were going to bring us to the promised land and will now be doing that for Chicago instead, ok cool.

However, to call it a bad trade because you think RoLo at his strike price is better than JoNo at his - is pretty bogus. Neither were going to get us anywhere anyway. I'd rather blow it up and at least have the opportunity to sign KD this year or Westbrook next year, than carry forward with $13m of RoLo. 

RoLo and Jerian at their price is cheaper and better than Noah at his. And that's if they even sign him or anything close to him. Noah is 3 years older and not as good a scorer. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

You just don't get it. I'm not going to explain it to you again. The Knicks made a bad trade. Period. All the cap room in the world does them no good if they can't get good players to come.

I stand corrected.  Knicks have $34 million in cap room next summer after they give Noah his deal.

No one is coming here unless we show we're competitive and have cap space.  Jose Calderon at pg even with the greatest defensive center of all time with the most marvelous contract of all time guaranteed us 30 wins next year

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

RoLo and Jerian at their price is cheaper and better than Noah at his. And that's if they even sign him or anything close to him. Noah is 3 years older and not as good a scorer. 

Noah, RoLo, nor Jerian are not the end game. The point was to clear cap space to try to land a superstar.

RoLo and Jerian on discounts were not going to win us a championship, no matter how much their little hearts desired it. So unless your goal as a fan is to hope that the Knicks just barely teeter the playoff line and stay fiscally responsible, you have no leg to stand on here. 

I'm happy we decided to blow up the team and actually go for something bigger - like a former MVP at age 27 and the potential to land a superstar like KD this year or RW next year. 

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Noah, RoLo, nor Jerian are not the end game. The point was to clear cap space to try to land a superstar.

RoLo and Jerian on discounts were not going to win us a championship, no matter how much their little hearts desired it. So unless your goal as a fan is to hope that the Knicks just barely teeter the playoff line and stay fiscally responsible, you have no leg to stand on here. 

I'm happy we decided to blow up the team and actually go for something bigger - like a former MVP at age 27 and the potential to land a superstar like KD this year or RW next year. 

I'm not a Knicks fan. I'm barely an NBA fan.

10 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yes. Big day for you.

btw - not a single person said Noah wouldn't cost more than RoLo, but don't let that get in the way of your shining achievement. 

It's not a big day for me. It's a big day for the 18 million dollar a year declining big man with an injury history taking up a good chunk of the space the Knicks created, and now have like 6 guys on the roster. Good luck with that.

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Your vacuous opinions betray as much.

Nice dig with a word you thought I probably didn't know. If you want to just insult me, we can discontinue this conversation. You're probably not a Patriots fan, but I'm sure you've shared an opinion or two on them, no?

Anyway, can we get back to how wrong your were?

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Nice dig with a word you thought I probably didn't know. If you want to just insult me, we can discontinue this conversation. You're probably not a Patriots fan, but I'm sure you've shared an opinion or two on them, no?

Anyway, can we get back to how wrong your were?

You're right. I post on a discussion forum in the hopes that my posts are inscrutable. 

Yes yes, please carry forth with how wrong ir was and how right your were. 

18 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You're right. I post on a discussion forum in the hopes that my posts are inscrutable. 

Yes yes, please carry forth with how wrong ir was and how right your were. 

No. Please. Enlighten me on how the Knicks are going to take the 30 million in space they have, wait, 12 million in space now (if Noah is 18 million dollars for real), with 6 players under contract and be a viable NBA team.

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I'm not a Knicks fan. I'm barely an NBA fan.

Then why comment on both?  Seriously, it doesn't make sense.

That's like someone commenting on football who isn't a fan of a team and football

47 minutes ago, SMC said:

That's like someone commenting on football who isn't a fan of a team and football

The Jerian Grant obsession makes it way worse. It's like if a vegan spent their days critiquing the tenderness and flavor of Berkshire pork vs non-Berkshire.

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The Jerian Grant obsession makes it way worse. It's like if a vegan spent their days critiquing the tenderness and flavor of Berkshire pork vs non-Berkshire.

For real.  At least T0m's trolling was as a Nets fan (he's since disappeared since they traded every 1st rounder they have until 2036), but still.  Why even bother commenting if you don't like the sport?

2 hours ago, SMC said:

They could have had a fan, but they wasted that pretty quickly. I'm not going to give two terrible New York teams my time. 

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You just don't get it.  Dont'cha?

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

They could have had a fan, but they wasted that pretty quickly. I'm not going to give two terrible New York teams my time. 

I'm pretty sure that the Knicks are not shedding any tears at your decision

On July 1, 2016 at 11:06 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

It's ok, we have a non knicks, non nba fan to 'splain it to all of us knicks fans. 

He doesn't watch basketball but he knows Robin Lopez is the greatest defensive center ever

I expect two things: 7th or 8th seed and to be in play for Westbrook next offseason

2 hours ago, drdetroit said:

He doesn't watch basketball but he knows Robin Lopez is the greatest defensive center ever

I expect two things: 7th or 8th seed and to be in play for Westbrook next offseason

I never said the first thing and your second thing is laughable, at best.  The Knicks are dropping major coin on questionable players to barely make the playoffs in hopes a top tier free agent is going to come, when they couldn't this offseason? Good one. 

Archived