Brief Ignorant Rant on Jets Rewards

Cornfed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, no psls said:

It's confirmed ; SAR 1 is brain damaged .

Share with us your Jets story please.  When did you first become a fan?  How many games did you attend before you became a season ticket holder?  Were you a season ticket holder?  When did you stop going to games?  Or do you still go?  Detail please.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Share with us your Jets story please.  When did you first become a fan?  How many games did you attend before you became a season ticket holder?  Were you a season ticket holder?  When did you stop going to games?  Or do you still go?  Detail please.

SAR I

OK jackass ; I became a season ticket holder in Shea ; around 1978 ; have been one ever since ; I tailgate before every home game ; so , shut your trap !!!!

1 hour ago, no psls said:

OK jackass ; I became a season ticket holder in Shea ; around 1978 ; have been one ever since ; I tailgate before every home game ; so , shut your trap !!!!

Oh, so you're old.  From your tone and vocabulary I thought you were 19.

PSL's aren't expensive.  Pay up or shut up.

SAR I

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oh, so you're old.  From your tone and vocabulary I thought you were 19.

PSL's aren't expensive.  Pay up or shut up.

SAR I

Blow it out your ass SAR 1 ; PSL's are the worst thing to hit football period ; they are legalized extortion ; if some fat cat wants to build a football stadium , PAY FOR IT YOURSELF !!!

1 hour ago, no psls said:

Blow it out your ass SAR 1 ; PSL's are the worst thing to hit football period ; they are legalized extortion ; if some fat cat wants to build a football stadium , PAY FOR IT YOURSELF !!!

Are you of the mindset that if PSLs didn't exist, ticket prices would be exactly what they are today?

Also, you should look up the definition of extortion.

2 hours ago, no psls said:

Let me get this straight:

You are a season ticket holder.  You sit in the upper deck.  You pay $1,250 per year for a single seat.  You are all upset about a PSL that can be had for as little as $2,500 over 30 years or $8 a game.  $8 a game is what gets you out of the upper deck and to a reasonable viewing location.  $8 a game is less than the cost of half a beer or whatever else you shove in your face on gameday.

You aren't arguing about PSL's; you are just telling everyone you are cheap.  We get it.  You can stop now.

SAR I

58 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Are you of the mindset that if PSLs didn't exist, ticket prices would be exactly what they are today?

Exactly.

I expected the Jets to raise my $125 mezzanine seats $75 in the new stadium.  I mean, new stadium, expensive, everyone relocated, prices had ballooned from $75 to $125 in less than 10 years at Giants Stadium, makes perfect sense that MetLife would have an immediate price increase, at least it made sense to me.

Had I paid an extra $75 per ticket per game since 2010 I'd have had spent an additional $4,500 in the first 6 years of the new stadium.  My PSL was only $4,000.  One can argue very easily that the Jets lack of gameday ticket price increase since 2009 offset the PSL's for the majority of the stadium entirely.  Nah, but let's pretend that never happened.  Let's pretend that Woody Johnson is an evil man, PSL's are the devil.  It's more fun that way for some I guess.

SAR I

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Does anyone deserve football tickets?

No, no one deserves football tickets but there were fans who deserved better seats than they had.  And then there were fans who just deserved any seats at all after decades of waiting on a waitlist.  Those lucky bastards who had seats between the 20s in the old stadium had it great for 30 years, now its our turn.  It's completely fair.  Completely deserved.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are a season ticket holder.  You sit in the upper deck.  You pay $1,250 per year for a single seat.  You are all upset about a PSL that can be had for as little as $2,500 over 30 years or $8 a game.  $8 a game is what gets you out of the upper deck and to a reasonable viewing location.  $8 a game is less than the cost of half a beer or whatever else you shove in your face on gameday.

You aren't arguing about PSL's; you are just telling everyone you are cheap.  We get it.  You can stop now.

SAR I

$8.00 a game my ass ; I won't be alive 30 years from now . So , wasting money on a PSL is not in my plans . Let the millionaires pay for their own stadiums .

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

Also, you should look up the definition of extortion.

The Jets didn't extort any fans in Giants Stadium.  They merely said "Party's over".  After 30 years of selling off games for 2x and 3x face value, attending games for free, and making enough money fueling a ticket broker industry to pay for a new car, those fans got their comeuppance.  Good riddance.  Oh, what I would have paid to see those bastards faces when their seats had a $50,000 PSL on them.  Sheer genius.  Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the waitlisters, can't love the guy enough for this.

SAR I

Just now, no psls said:

$8.00 a game my ass ; I won't be alive 30 years from now . So , wasting money on a PSL is not in my plans . Let the millionaires pay for their own stadiums .

This isn't a political conversation, chief.  This is a form of entertainment.  You paid $3 to see Star Wars in 1977, if you don't want to pay $17 to see it in 2016 then don't.  You don't need to come here to tell us what you can't afford.  It's actually none of our business.  It's actually something you should keep quiet about.  You get no forum cred for admitting that spending $200 every Sunday attending live Jets games is logical and yet another whopping $8 breaks you.  All you're telling us is that you shouldn't go to games at all, you should be putting all the money in the bank.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This isn't a political conversation, chief.  This is a form of entertainment.  You paid $3 to see Star Wars in 1977, if you don't want to pay $17 to see it in 2016 then don't.  You don't need to come here to tell us what you can't afford.  It's actually none of our business.  It's actually something you should keep quiet about.  You get no forum cred for admitting that spending $200 every Sunday attending live Jets games is logical and yet another whopping $8 breaks you.  All you're telling us is that you shouldn't go to games at all, you should be putting all the money in the bank.

SAR I

Asking for thousands of dollars for the RIGHT to buy season tickets is extortion , by definition . By the way , when's the last time you attended a game ? When Calvin Coolidge was president ? 

28 minutes ago, no psls said:

Asking for thousands of dollars for the RIGHT to buy season tickets is extortion , by definition . By the way , when's the last time you attended a game ? When Calvin Coolidge was president ? 

I attended 9 of 10 home games last season in my beautiful Row 1 Mezzanine PSL seats with my kids and friends, attended the MetLife game vs. the Giants as well, so that was 10 games I witnessed in person last season alone.  I have been a season ticket holder since buying my way off of the 15-year season ticket holder waitlist in 2001 by giving $10,000 to a retired postal worker in exchange for a postcard transferring his rights to me.  While living in New Hampshire from 1997 to 2010 I attended 4 Jets games per year down in New Jersey, driving 10 hours round trip in often-foul weather and staying in Secaucus hotels each time, and attended all 15 Jets games in full fan attire played in Foxboro during that span, often getting cursed at and spit on in the process.

Don't challenge me on my fandom.  Figure out a way to save your whopping $8 or shut up already.  You are fighting the wrong crusade.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

I expected the Jets to raise my $125 mezzanine seats $75 in the new stadium.  I mean, new stadium, expensive, everyone relocated, prices had ballooned from $75 to $125 in less than 10 years at Giants Stadium, makes perfect sense that MetLife would have an immediate price increase, at least it made sense to me.

Had I paid an extra $75 per ticket per game since 2010 I'd have had spent an additional $4,500 in the first 6 years of the new stadium.  My PSL was only $4,000.  One can argue very easily that the Jets lack of gameday ticket price increase since 2009 offset the PSL's for the majority of the stadium entirely.  Nah, but let's pretend that never happened.  Let's pretend that Woody Johnson is an evil man, PSL's are the devil.  It's more fun that way for some I guess.

59 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets didn't extort any fans in Giants Stadium.  They merely said "Party's over".  After 30 years of selling off games for 2x and 3x face value, attending games for free, and making enough money fueling a ticket broker industry to pay for a new car, those fans got their comeuppance.  Good riddance.  Oh, what I would have paid to see those bastards faces when their seats had a $50,000 PSL on them.  Sheer genius.  Woody Johnson is the Abraham Lincoln of the waitlisters, can't love the guy enough for this.

SAR I

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woody Johnson is somewhere between an evil man and Abraham Lincoln.

55 minutes ago, no psls said:

I think you have a faulty dictionary.

40 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Woody Johnson is somewhere between an evil man and Abraham Lincoln.

I love this.  Also, I would like to thank everyone for posting in this thread so that my name will forever be associated with my "brief ignorant rant."  Kids, think carefully before choosing subject lines in the future!

2 hours ago, no psls said:

"By definition"?  Hardly.  Go buy a dictionary.  Asking for thousands for the right to be season tickets is a contract offer that you can either accept or reject based on your own free will.  Not extortion in the least.  You may think it is unfair, but you are certainly not forced to accept those terms.  Farthest thing from extortion possible.  Extortion implies you have no choice.  

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

"By definition"?  Hardly.  Go buy a dictionary.  Asking for thousands for the right to be season tickets is a contract offer that you can either accept or reject based on your own free will.  Not extortion in the least.  You may think it is unfair, but you are certainly not forced to accept those terms.  Farthest thing from extortion possible.  Extortion implies you have no choice.  

If you do the work for them... They won't learn anything.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

We are supposed to keep track of that?  No way.

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

On the field, Woody has done right by us.  Money was never an object for him.  He built a world-class training facility.  He tried to get us a stadium in Manhattan.  He tired to hire the right GM.  No different than any other owner in any other major sport in NY or anywhere else.  In fact, one can easily argue that the free agent money that Mr. Johnson has spent towards putting a good product on the field dwarfs all franchises except the Yankees.

Related directly to the PSL situation, Mr. Johnson acted no different than any other owner in any other city.  PSL's are the norm in the NFL.  And unlike the Giants, he left 27,500 seats open, without PSL's, didn't force people to keep their standard season tickets even in down years.  He should be commended for his decision making there.

The only small faction of the Jets fanbase that doesn't like PSL's are those who had it great for 30 years and were finally evicted from their unbelievable run of good luck, instead of being grateful to the Jets for allowing that to happen for so long they are bitter, think something was taken away from them.  Meanwhile they never paid a dime for their seats, scalpers paid them a fortune to gouge waitlisters like me.  And before someone says 'what about the fans who were never season ticket holders and can't afford even the low PSL's?' let me remind you that putting the unused tickets in the hands of the PSL owners is what has created the StubHub phenomenon where any fan can afford a ticket, some as low as $20.  PSL's were a win for everyone.  Except old timers who ripped off loyal Jets fans for years because they inherited seats they didn't deserve.

SAR I.

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We are supposed to keep track of that?  No way.

The point is that while a lot of people look at a $2,500 PSL as a lot of money, divided out over the 30 year life of the PSL commitment and divided by 10 games a year, it's only $8 per game.  And if you think about what the typical person spends in gas, tolls, parking, tailgate food, tailgate brew, concession snacks, concession drinks, that $8 is nothing, it's chump-change.  A beer at MetLife is $8.75,  Would anyone allow the cost of a single beer to stop them from getting better seats?  Should someone that concerned over a small dollar amount even get season tickets to begin with?

And that's the thing that always amuses me about these PSL arguments.  Someone who is going to get season tickets over the next 30 years is going to spend, what, $38,000 on tickets alone, if he has a set of 2 plus parking, that $83,500 that one is committing to the Jets the moment they sign up for season tickets.  Add in food and gas and tolls, it goes up more.  So what's another $2,500 atop $100,000?  The real argument isn't about the cost of PSL's; it's about people who can't afford season tickets, the PSL actually has very little to do with it.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The point is that while a lot of people look at a $2,500 PSL as a lot of money, divided out over the 30 year life of the PSL commitment and divided by 10 games a year, it's only $8 per game.  And if you think about what the typical person spends in gas, tolls, parking, tailgate food, tailgate brew, concession snacks, concession drinks, that $8 is nothing, it's chump-change.  A beer at MetLife is $8.75,  Would anyone allow the cost of a single beer to stop them from getting better seats?  Should someone that concerned over a small dollar amount even get season tickets to begin with?

And that's the thing that always amuses me about these PSL arguments.  Someone who is going to get season tickets over the next 30 years is going to spend, what, $38,000 on tickets alone, if he has a set of 2 plus parking, that $83,500 that one is committing to the Jets the moment they sign up for season tickets.  Add in food and gas and tolls, it goes up more.  So what's another $2,500 atop $100,000?  The real argument isn't about the cost of PSL's; it's about people who can't afford season tickets, the PSL actually has very little to do with it.

SAR I

I was making a food joke.  But this is an excellent explanation and I appreciate the info. But 30 years?  Too long. I only financed my house for 15.  Way too long, 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But , there is no reason on God's green earth to give the owner's more than the ticket price . You pay to enter the game . END OF STORY .

Archived