Brief Ignorant Rant on Jets Rewards

Cornfed

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I was making a food joke.  But this is an excellent explanation and I appreciate the info. But 30 years?  Too long. I only financed my house for 15.  Way too long, 

Sorry, LOL, went over my head.

SAR I

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, no psls said:

But , there is no reason on God's green earth to give the owner's more than the ticket price . You pay to enter the game . END OF STORY .

So if Woody Johnson never instituted a PSL, if in fact he instead got up on a soap box on national TV and exclaimed "TO HELL WITH OTHER NFL OWNERS!  I WILL NOT SUBJECT MY FANS TO THIS OUTRAGE!" to raucous applause and then quietly raised your ticket prices $8 you'd be okay?

And let me ask you, what are your thoughts about the fact that it was high time that the Jets shuffled the deck, moved fans around, created multiple tiers of ticket prices, and reassigned 1983 fans to new locations based on what they were willing to pay in 2010 dollars?

SAR I

32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I was making a food joke.  But this is an excellent explanation and I appreciate the info. But 30 years?  Too long. I only financed my house for 15.  Way too long, 

30 years is the standard depreciation time line for commercial buildings.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

So if Woody Johnson never instituted a PSL, if in fact he instead got up on a soap box on national TV and exclaimed "TO HELL WITH OTHER NFL OWNERS!  I WILL NOT SUBJECT MY FANS TO THIS OUTRAGE!" to raucous applause and then quietly raised your ticket prices $8 you'd be okay?

And let me ask you, what are your thoughts about the fact that it was high time that the Jets shuffled the deck, moved fans around, created multiple tiers of ticket prices, and reassigned 1983 fans to new locations based on what they were willing to pay in 2010 dollars?

SAR I

Moving fans around is the most assinine thing that I've heard on this site . The fact that i knew everyone around me made Jet games fun even when we were losing 35-0 in the first quarter (see Buffalo Bill painters cap debacle) . You at least had some comradiere with the people around you in the old stadium . I miss Duffy , who would always come into the game in the middle of the second quarter , drunk as a skunk , when his wife would wait for him in her seat when the game began . Now , all you have around you is some stubhub ticket buying geek who thought this was going to be a soccer game .

19 minutes ago, no psls said:

Moving fans around is the most assinine thing that I've heard on this site . The fact that i knew everyone around me made Jet games fun even when we were losing 35-0 in the first quarter (see Buffalo Bill painters cap debacle) . You at least had some comradiere with the people around you in the old stadium . I miss Duffy , who would always come into the game in the middle of the second quarter , drunk as a skunk , when his wife would wait for him in her seat when the game began . Now , all you have around you is some stubhub ticket buying geek who thought this was going to be a soccer game .

Where were your seats in Giants Stadium? What section?

SAR I

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

On the field, Woody has done right by us.  Money was never an object for him.  He built a world-class training facility.  He tried to get us a stadium in Manhattan.  He tired to hire the right GM.  No different than any other owner in any other major sport in NY or anywhere else.  In fact, one can easily argue that the free agent money that Mr. Johnson has spent towards putting a good product on the field dwarfs all franchises except the Yankees.

Related directly to the PSL situation, Mr. Johnson acted no different than any other owner in any other city.  PSL's are the norm in the NFL.  And unlike the Giants, he left 27,500 seats open, without PSL's, didn't force people to keep their standard season tickets even in down years.  He should be commended for his decision making there.

The only small faction of the Jets fanbase that doesn't like PSL's are those who had it great for 30 years and were finally evicted from their unbelievable run of good luck, instead of being grateful to the Jets for allowing that to happen for so long they are bitter, think something was taken away from them.  Meanwhile they never paid a dime for their seats, scalpers paid them a fortune to gouge waitlisters like me.  And before someone says 'what about the fans who were never season ticket holders and can't afford even the low PSL's?' let me remind you that putting the unused tickets in the hands of the PSL owners is what has created the StubHub phenomenon where any fan can afford a ticket, some as low as $20.  PSL's were a win for everyone.  Except old timers who ripped off loyal Jets fans for years because they inherited seats they didn't deserve.

SAR I.

The thing that should p*ss off all NFL STHs even more than a PSL is the preseason games every STH in the league has to eat.

20% of the total nut is double the % the NBA and NHL make you buy.

That one gets me more than PSLs.

As far a the Jets go, per se, the caste system pricing they use in the parking lot could be improved.

If someone in the UD wants to buy Green Parking Passes (those lots are never full) they should be able to.

I buy only the Green Passes but can only do it on SH where I always get screwed..  

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

On the field, Woody has done right by us.  Money was never an object for him.  He built a world-class training facility.  He tried to get us a stadium in Manhattan.  He tired to hire the right GM.  No different than any other owner in any other major sport in NY or anywhere else.  In fact, one can easily argue that the free agent money that Mr. Johnson has spent towards putting a good product on the field dwarfs all franchises except the Yankees.

Related directly to the PSL situation, Mr. Johnson acted no different than any other owner in any other city.  PSL's are the norm in the NFL.  And unlike the Giants, he left 27,500 seats open, without PSL's, didn't force people to keep their standard season tickets even in down years.  He should be commended for his decision making there.

SAR I.

Okay but Abraham Lincoln is a little strong.  

I'll put him up there with Gerald Ford.

2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

The thing that should p*ss off all NFL STHs even more than a PSL is the preseason games every STH in the league has to eat.

20% of the total nut is double the % the NBA and NHL make you buy.

That one gets me more than PSLs.

As far a the Jets go, per se, the caste system pricing they use in the parking lot could be improved.

If someone in the UD wants to buy Green Parking Passes (those lots are never full) they should be able to.

I buy only the Green Passes but can only do it on SH where I always get screwed..  

Preseason:  Agree completely, it's awful what they do to all fans in the NFL.  At one point they were discussing 2 preseason games and 2 additional legitimate games but that died because of increased chance of player injuries.

Green Parking:  The Jets have to be careful to maintain the perks originally awarded to each price level.  An upper decker would like Green parking passes, a Mezz corner PSL owner would like to use the Mezz Club's on occasion, just can't happen.  Even though there is space to accommodate us, it would devalue those who paid top dollar for those benefits.

At the end of the day, last December when the Jets beat the Patriots in OT, the place was alive, no one cared about money, we all had a great time enjoying a great win as a community of fans in our own stadium.  God bless Woody Johnson.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

At the end of the day, last December when the Jets beat the Patriots in OT, the place was alive, no one cared about money, we all had a great time enjoying a great win as a community of fans in our own stadium.  God bless Woody Johnson.

SAR I

That game was amazing.  A gigantic, stadium-wide celebration.  High fives, jubilant hugs, incoherent cheers.  It was freaking great.  That experience in the stadium made the season for me.

7 hours ago, no psls said:

you need to stop going.  Either that or stop complaining.

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

Where were your seats in Giants Stadium? What section?

SAR I

I sat in Section 319 ; row 26 ; right behind the goal posts ; i was in the section where the Klecko jersey guy would throw candy to fans before every home game ; and the one moron Pittsburgh Steeler fan would sit always dressed in his steeler jersey and the section where a spitting image of Ozzy Ozbourne would sit . Oh , the good times !!!!

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

...and Eric Decker for catching that pass right below your seats.

18 hours ago, no psls said:

But , there is no reason on God's green earth to give the owner's more than the ticket price . You pay to enter the game . END OF STORY .

Who sets the ticket price?  Is it the owners?  Do they have the discretion to charge what they want to make a profit?

Have you ever leased a car?  What happens to your monthly payments when you put more money down?  What happens when you put less?  How about owning a home?  A larger down payment does what to your monthly mortgage?  How about a smaller down payment?

Point being, do you really believe you'd save any money if there were "no psls" ????

Archived