who are the NFL's best GM's ? ? ?

kelly

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Why are the Raiders GM and Redskins GM on here? All Oakland did is spend a lot of money... there is no skill in that. And didn't McCloughn of the Skins trade a decade worth of picks for RG3 who was a bust in many eyes? Smh.

McCloughan didn't draft RG3. And his team made the playoffs. He also has a rep as a smart personnel guy from his years with the 49ers. McKenzie has had very good drafts including Carr, Mack and Amari Cooper. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

McCloughan didn't draft RG3. And his team made the playoffs. He also has a rep as a smart personnel guy from his years with the 49ers. McKenzie has had very good drafts including Carr, Mack and Amari Cooper. 

When the Raiders draft players who ARENT sure fire prospects is the day I give them props. Only one I can name is Carr, other than that they have had top 5 picks every year so I would expect them to at least be able to hit on those.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

When the Raiders draft players who ARENT sure fire prospects is the day I give them props. Only one I can name is Carr, other than that they have had top 5 picks every year so I would expect them to at least be able to hit on those.

That's true but a lot of teams blow it when they get good draft position. As for lesser picks I don't know if he did a good job, I'm not that familiar with their roster. But a lot of people think that in a fairly short period of time the Raiders have rebuilt and done a good job. Time will tell on that. This could be a good year for them but they are still unproven. 

I'm surprised with the media being such front runners that Mike MacCagnan is not on that list. After all, the did win executive of the year last year, right?

The fact is, despite all of the nonsense involved with stupid awards, the truth will come out about Mac this season. The teams win/loss record is a direct reflection, good or bad, on the job that the GM did. Everyone knew Mac would have to earn his money this offseason. Last year meant NOTHING. Anyone can do the job he did when you have 50 million to spend.

My money says the Jets are not going to win a lot of games. That will reflect that our apparent savior and wonderful GM is no different than a big long line of GM's that talk a big game but ultimately fail.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

1. Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama- Starting Wr 
2. Mario Edwards Jr., DE, FLorida State Starting De 
3. Clive Walford, TE, Miami- Starting Te
4. Jon Feliciano, G, Miami- top reserve 
5a. Ben Heeney, LB, Kansas- Starting MLB 
5b. Neiron Ball, LB, Florida- top reserve 
6. Max Valles, LB, Virginia( Stolen off practice squad) 
7a. Anthony Morris, OL, Tennessee State( cut) 
7b. Andre Debose, WR, Florida( cut - torn his Achilles in Ota's ) 
7c. Dexter McDonald, CB, Kansas- reserve CB

1. Khalil Mack, LB, Buffalo- Starting De/lb 
2. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State. - Starting Qb 
3. Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State - Starting Rg 
4a. Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech- Starting Nt 
4b. Keith McGill, CB, Utah- moved to Ss ( depth) 
7a. TJ Carrie, CB, Ohio- starting nickel CB 
7b. Shelby Harris, DE, Illinois State( cut - didn't have a chance to make the Raiders roster)
7c. Jonathan Dowling, S, Western Kentucky( cut-) 

Thats 9 starting players from the previous two drafts.( not counting this year draft)     Now throw in the undrafted Fa's they nailed. Dl  Denico Autry- key reserve , Wr Seth Roberts - slot Wr , DT - Leon Orr ,  Safety/lb - Jimmy Hall ( spent last year on Ir)- player excels in playing in space( coverage)

Archived