Do Jets fear buyer's remorse with potential Mo Wilkerson deal?

Gas2No99

27 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Ellis would be a backup? What a crock of SH*T. So what you're telling me is the Jets DL back in 2006 couldn't keep guys off Vilma and therefore he played awful. And so Tanny/Mangini traded VILMA to another team?! If it's the way you say. Then WHY didn't they acquire better DLinemen and keep their very young linebacker (3 years in the league) that was a stud he was NOT playing in a 3-4? That makes ZERO sense and yet you claim it is the truth? Please go back to bed. I hope you don't hurt yourself coming up with your next line of BS.

Wilkerson and Richardson are CLEARLY better than Ellis.  Leonard Williams is on his way to be being better, too.  

I don't know if you missed it, but the Jets did acquire the best NT/DT in the league.  They traded for Kris Jenkins after the 2007 season.  Vilma would have been fine behind Jenkins, but heMangini was trying too hard to build a defense that looked like the Patriots defense.  Big, powerful, and plodding.

Also, the Rex/Bowles 3-4 is DIFFERENT than the Mangini/Belicheat 3-4 The fact that you don't see the difference between a Rex/Bowles 3-4 and a Mangini/Belicheat 3-4 also supports the conclusion that you're a moron.  Between that and the fact that you don't see the difference between the 2006 and 2007 Jets DL and the current Jets DL is pretty sad.

By the way, Demario Davis came into the league at 6'2", 235lbs.  That's about the same size as Lee.  Demario never got swallowed up or pushed around behind the Jets DL.  Think about that for a second.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

Wilkerson and Richardson are CLEARLY better than Ellis.  Leonard Williams is on his way to be being better, too.  

I don't know if you missed it, but the Jets did acquire the best NT/DT in the league.  They traded for Kris Jenkins after the 2007 season.  Vilma would have been fine behind Jenkins, but heMangini was trying too hard to build a defense that looked like the Patriots defense.  Big, powerful, and plodding.

Also, the Rex/Bowles 3-4 is DIFFERENT than the Mangini/Belicheat 3-4 The fact that you don't see the difference between a Rex/Bowles 3-4 and a Mangini/Belicheat 3-4 also supports the conclusion that you're a moron.  Between that and the fact that you don't see the difference between the 2006 and 2007 Jets DL and the current Jets DL is pretty sad.

By the way, Demario Davis came into the league at 6'2", 235lbs.  That's about the same size as Lee.  Demario never got swallowed up or pushed around behind the Jets DL.  Think about that for a second.

Oh yeah, I must be the moron in this conversation when you're the one who thinks the HC traded away his best linebacker  because the terrible players in front of him could not do their jobs. You're an idiot and YES Demario Davis is 235 pounds and could NOT defend the wheel route to save his f*cking life, but yet this little twerp that the Jets drafted, an specifically because he's 5 pounds lighter is going to set the league on fire. Darron Lee is a f*cking nobody that will never be anything but a one trick pony. He will NEVER even be in consideration for a pro bowl, and he's also NOT an impact player. If the Jets had any hopes of being competitive in 2016 it was because they had a hope of drafting an impact player. Instead, Mac personally guaranteed that the Jets will suck A$$ in 2016. So stroke that little jack off linebacker all you'd like, the Jets are going to be a f*cking laughing stock again this season and it's specifically because our GM enjoys drafting little fags.

11 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

Oh yeah, I must be the moron in this conversation when you're the one who thinks the HC traded away his best linebacker  because the terrible players in front of him could not do their jobs. You're an idiot and YES Demario Davis is 235 pounds and could NOT defend the wheel route to save his f*cking life, but yet this little twerp that the Jets drafted, an specifically because he's 5 pounds lighter is going to set the league on fire. Darron Lee is a f*cking nobody that will never be anything but a one trick pony. He will NEVER even be in consideration for a pro bowl, and he's also NOT an impact player. If the Jets had any hopes of being competitive in 2016 it was because they had a hope of drafting an impact player. Instead, Mac personally guaranteed that the Jets will suck A$$ in 2016. So stroke that little jack off linebacker all you'd like, the Jets are going to be a f*cking laughing stock again this season and it's specifically because our GM enjoys drafting little fags.

It's posts like this that really make JetNation the go-to spot for talkin' Jets football.

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

As far as im concerned the damage is done.  There is bad blood.  Mo is never playing for the jets next year.  

Let him go hes a dickhead and weve got the other two

You should stop watching sports if a player trying to get paid what others at your position who are at your level or below are being paid makes you feel this way.

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

The more you talk the more you prove you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  

12 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I do know that.

And it is up to Bowles to put Lee into the best situation to maximize his abilities.

And that situation is not staying in his 3-4 base.

Jets now have some speedy, young LB's who would thrive in a 4-3.

Let's see if Bowles will continue to put a square peg in a round hole.

The Game has changed . Do you see who the Bears will be starting at Ilb in there 3-4 defense.( both free agent additions - D Trevathan 6'0 237 , Jerrell Freeman 6'0 230 they are there for their coverage ability.  The NFL is a passing league and defense are using these smaller faster guys to matchup better against the pass.

The Raiders will play multiple defenses 5-2 defense , 3-4 defense, and 4-3  as all there Inside Lb's are in 230-235 range all can run 4.44- 4.6  range.     They can play them because their Defenseline so big, and the outside Lb are big and fast.( ask any Raider inside Lb and they consider themselves a part of the secondary.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You should stop watching sports if a player trying to get paid what others at your position who are at your level or below are being paid makes you feel this way.

Your going to give him a suhr deal?  Just because miami did?  Good luck managing the salary cap.  We have no qb by the way. 

This isnt basball

16 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

I do know that.

And it is up to Bowles to put Lee into the best situation to maximize his abilities.

And that situation is not staying in his 3-4 base.

Jets now have some speedy, young LB's who would thrive in a 4-3.

Let's see if Bowles will continue to put a square peg in a round hole.

Exactly which square peg has Coach Bowles placed in a round hole ?  The man has been the Jets HC for 1 season and in that time, he had turned Calvin Pryor from the "so-called bust " many Jet fans thought he was in to a top safety playing his natural position .  So again I asked, which square peg did this HC place in a round hole ?

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Exactly which square peg has Coach Bowles placed in a round hole ?  The man has been the Jets HC for 1 season and in that time, he had turned Calvin Pryor from the "so-called bust " many Jet fans thought he was in to a top safety playing his natural position .  So again I asked, which square peg did this HC place in a round hole ?

The whole Jets secondary sucked in 2014 and like you said Pryor was a rookie playing out of position..He was the square peg in 2014..

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The whole Jets secondary sucked in 2014 and like you said Pryor was a rookie playing out of position..He was the square peg in 2014..

If I remember correctly, Bowles was in Arizona winning some award for coaching the defense in 2014 . He had nothing to do with playing Pryor in the wrong position .

2 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If I remember correctly, Bowles was in Arizona winning some award for coaching the defense in 2014 . He had nothing to do with playing Pryor in the wrong position .

You do realize I was agreeing with you???:blink:

16 hours ago, Mainejet said:

What does the wheel route have to do with anything?  You're claiming that Lee is too small to play in the Jets scheme and I pointed out that Davis -- who is essentially the same size -- was not too small to play in the scheme.  Demario Davis' size has nothing to do with his inability to cover.  God, you're a dumbass.

And Darren Lee is a little fag?  Something tells me that the "little fag" could kick your ass in under two minutes.

Also, how about these guys, dumbass?  Are they too small?

Telvin Smith - 6'3", 223lbs

Lavonte David - 6'1", 233lbs

Bobby Wagner - 6'0", 240lbs

Sean Lee - 6'2", 238lbs

Malcom Smith - 6'0", 225lbs

Thomas Davis - 6'1", 235lbs

Paul Posluszny - 6'2", 240lbs

On 6/24/2016 at 0:39 PM, FidelioJet said:

I really don't think it's a buyers remorse issue...it's a - we're already stacked at the position with people we don't have to pay yet - issue.  We simply don't need three all-pro's for two starting spots.

I think this is the main reason. Had Williams been selected by Washington one slot ahead of us, then there's a monumentally-better chance the team would have had serious extension talks. Also if there were no question marks about Sheldon's off-field douchebagness and was sure thing to start 16 games (barring injury), they may have already let Mo go to the highest bidder. 

I think the Jarvis Jenkins addition suggests they were very much planning on moving Mo, and (perhaps based in part on offers they turned down a year prior) believed the trade market for him would be hotter. 

I don't have anything against Bowles, but he didn't do anything to fix Calvin Pryor.  If anybody helped Pryor, it was Maccagnan getting the top 347 free agent DBs.   Back on topic.. what was the topic again?  What could the Jets have against Wilkerson?  Guy has played well all along.  They don't want to pay him cool, but he certainly should get paid and he will get paid.

12 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Your going to give him a suhr deal?  Just because miami did?  Good luck managing the salary cap.  We have no qb by the way. 

This isnt basball

As I said, if you're going to get pissed that a top player wants to be paid like a top player.  You called him a dickhead for that reason.  No offense, that anyone thinks players shouldn't ask for what they're worth isn't a smart position to take.  

I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't ask for top dollar if you were at the top of your position.  And wouldn't expect to be called a dickhead. 

That this isn't baseball is not the answer BTW

Archived