Three Predictions for the Upcoming Season

JetNation

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - AUGUST 29:  Ryan Fitzpatrick #14 of the New York Jets looks on from the bench in the fourth quarter against the New York Giants during preseason action at MetLife Stadium on August 29, 2015 in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

With Training Camp on the Horizon, We Look at Three Potential Story lines for the Upcoming Season

Ryan Fitzpatrick returns after the first day of training camp: It’s been the most talked about narrative for the Jets this offseason. The story will finally come to an end once it hits crunch time. Many players, namely Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall, have stated their support for Fitzpatrick during his contract dispute with the Jets. It’s well known that Fitzpatrick is a leader of the team, and has developed great chemistry with his wide receivers. He also set the record for most touchdowns by a Jets quarterback. So why hasn’t he been signed yet? Well, it was reported that the Jets offered him a three-year $24 million contract. The deal would have paid him $12 million the first year, and an average of $6 million the last two. Obviously the issue with the offer was the final two years, implying that Fitzpatrick will be relegated to a backup. The negotiations might be a little different if Fitzpatrick hadn’t thrown three interceptions in the fourth quarter of week 17 last season. The three interceptions against the Buffalo Bills sealed the Jets fate, effectively keeping them out of the playoffs.

Fitzpatrick needs the Jets, and the Jets need Fitzpatrick. It’s been said over and over again, and it’s something that Jets fans are tired of hearing. Even though the Jets have maintained that they would be OK without Fitzpatrick, there will be protesting from the fans, and possibly even mutiny from the players if the Jets head into the season with Geno Smith as the uncontested starter. While Geno has earned a chance to start, he shouldn’t be handed the job. Many have suggested adding another veteran, but anyone else on the market would be a significant downgrade from Fitzpatrick. He knows the system, he set records for the team last season, and everyone in the locker room respects him. The Jets will up the offer after their first day without Fitzpatrick and he’ll take it. It’s no secret that the Jets are Fitzpatrick’s only option, he either plays for them or doesn’t play at all barring an injury on another team. He wouldn’t be doing the team or himself any favors by delaying the inevitable.

Matt Forte will lead the league in total yards from scrimmage: Matt Forte has stated that he wants to capture the rushing title with the Jets, emulating former Jets’ great Curtis Martin. With the competition in the league, it’s a bit of a stretch for Forte to claim the rushing title but he is arguably the most versatile running back in the league. Forte will surpass the 1,000 yard rushing mark with around 1,100 yards and rack up over 800 yards receiving. Forte will surpass his career best of 808 yards receiving in Chan Gailey’s spread-happy offense. With around 1,950 yards from scrimmage, he will lead the league. Forte will fit nicely in Gailey’s system coming out of the backfield and occasionally splitting out wide. Forte will be a LaDainian Tomlinson 2.0 for the Jets, coming in as a dynamic veteran who will give them a couple of good years.

The Jets will make the playoffs: In the schedule predictions article I had the Jets going 9-7, and with their starting quarterback on the roster they will reach a nine win season. The Jets were handed one of the toughest schedules in the league and won’t match their 10-6 record because of the competition. With the return of their quarterback, and the additions of Matt Forte and Ryan Clady the Jets could have a better offense than they did last season and will be a hard team to beat. Unfortunately for them, many of the teams they have to play will also be hard to beat. The Jets will win a tie-breaker for the sixth seed via division record. When it comes to how far they’ll go, it’s hard to see the Jets getting past the divisional round. Ryan Fitzpatrick always seems to fold under pressure when it comes to games with postseason implications. The Jets still have a win-now team, and they will win, but it would take an even better season than last year and some luck for the Jets to go all the way.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
eghDdtVJhRs

Click here to read the full story...

With the speed added to the WR Corps the Jets seem to know that they need the deep threat at WR and a strong armed QB. I still cannot imagine Fitzpatrick holding out on any other team. That in itself is a disgrace. Forte is a great sign. I just cannot see him being used like he is 25. They will need him down the stretch to win ball games if they are to make the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

1- we start 1-5, everyone blames Geno even though we would've had the same record with Fitz

2- the oline is atrocious, forcing us to finally address it in the draft next year

3- D Lee is a stud

Hahahahaha ... You already have excuses for Geno playing like $h*t ... Thank God we'll never have to see that on the field again as an NYJ!

Geno starting equals 4 wins and a top ten draft pick next year.  I'd rather see petty or hack. Eff Geno and all his supporters, the guy is hot steaming garbage and couldn't make it in the CFL.  I cannot wait till he is cut.  Not sure he could beat out Tebow. 

6 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Geno starting equals 4 wins and a top ten draft pick next year.  I'd rather see petty or hack. Eff Geno and all his supporters, the guy is hot steaming garbage and couldn't make it in the CFL.  I cannot wait till he is cut.  Not sure he could beat out Tebow. 

Hahahaha ... Wow ... He's gonna get scores from his D & lucky bounces to double the win total his 10cent brain deserves 

1. Someone convinces Woody that his team is worthless without "that Ryan Fitzgerald" guy. Woody then forces Macc's hand, telling him to re-sign "that Ron Fitzgerald" immediately. Macc gives Fitzpatrick a 3-year, $30 mil deal with $17 mil in guarantees. Gary Myers initially lauds the signing, then relentlessly mocks the Jets for the signing throughout the preseason.

2. Vontae Burfict beats ORT Brent Qvale for a sack in the third quarter of Week One, breaking Ryan Fitzpatrick's leg in the process. Qvale is starting because Macc had to cut Breno Giacomini in order to accommodate Ryan Fitzpatrick's new contract. The Jets go on to win the game 24-21 after Geno Smith drives the Jets 56 yards down the field for a Nick Folk field goal. Manish Mehta begins his game recap by pointing out that Christian Hackenberg was a wasted draft pick.

3. Todd Bowles starts Geno Smith the next week against the Bills. Smith throws three INTs and is sacked eight times in a 37-7 loss to Rex Ryan. Despite the cold weather, both Jenny Vrentas and Kim Martin are observed interviewing Ryan while wearing open-toed sandals.

4. After a 1-5 start, Todd Bowles announces a QB change from Geno Smith to controversial recent pickup Tarvaris Jackson. Bryce Petty is waived to make room for Jackson. Petty is picked up by the New England Patriots, and Jets fans immediately declare that Bryce Petty will come back to murder their dreams Victor Hobson-style. Gary Myers begins work on his newest masterwork, "Lynch vs Hackenberg: How the New York Jets Handed Denver a Dynasty."

5. The defense will be considerably better as a result of their improved speed at LB. Dee Milliner supplants a semi-retired Darrelle Revis at CB1 and is in conversation for DPOY. Erin Henderson's backup Darron Lee is the best punt-gunner in the league. Sheldon Richardson is arrested on the BQE driving 146 MPH while on ecstasy and harboring El Chapo in his trunk.

6. Jimmy Garopollo is waived and Bryce Petty is elevated to QB2 in New England. 

7. After a Week 10 loss to the Rams, Tarvaris Jackson is benched by Todd Bowles, who then announces that newly-signed Nick Foles will get the start in Week 12 after the Bye.

8. Despite giving up 5 TD passes to Bryce Petty (filling in for a suspended Tom Brady), the Jets beat the Patriots 38-35 on a 96-yard punt return by projected league MVP Dee Milliner.

9. An inconsistent Nick Foles is waived after two starts. Todd Bowles announces that newly-signed Matt Flynn will start at QB the rest of the season. Rich Cimini writes a Sunday column detailing the amazing work Christian Hackenberg is doing with at-risk youth in the inner cities of Rye, NY and Greenwich, Ct. 

10. Geno Smith replaces an ineffective Matt Flynn at halftime and leads the Jets over the Bills, knocking the Bills out of the playoff picture. The season ends on a high note, leaving the Jets at 7-9, with the 14th pick of a CB/DE-heavy draft class. Geno Smith inks a new 5-year, $72 million dollar extension. Mo Wikerson signs for $9 mil per season with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Laquon Treadwell edges Paxton Lynch for Rookie of the Year honors. Rex Ryan is fired and Buffalo replaces him with Jim Harbaugh, who is likewise fired from UMichigan after an exhaustive NCAA investigation. 

7 hours ago, JetNation said:

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - AUGUST 29:  Ryan Fitzpatrick #14 of the New York Jets looks on from the bench in the fourth quarter against the New York Giants during preseason action at MetLife Stadium on August 29, 2015 in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

With Training Camp on the Horizon, We Look at Three Potential Story lines for the Upcoming Season

Ryan Fitzpatrick returns after the first day of training camp: It’s been the most talked about narrative for the Jets this offseason. The story will finally come to an end once it hits crunch time. Many players, namely Eric Decker and Brandon Marshall, have stated their support for Fitzpatrick during his contract dispute with the Jets. It’s well known that Fitzpatrick is a leader of the team, and has developed great chemistry with his wide receivers. He also set the record for most touchdowns by a Jets quarterback. So why hasn’t he been signed yet? Well, it was reported that the Jets offered him a three-year $24 million contract. The deal would have paid him $12 million the first year, and an average of $6 million the last two. Obviously the issue with the offer was the final two years, implying that Fitzpatrick will be relegated to a backup. The negotiations might be a little different if Fitzpatrick hadn’t thrown three interceptions in the fourth quarter of week 17 last season. The three interceptions against the Buffalo Bills sealed the Jets fate, effectively keeping them out of the playoffs.

Fitzpatrick needs the Jets, and the Jets need Fitzpatrick. It’s been said over and over again, and it’s something that Jets fans are tired of hearing. Even though the Jets have maintained that they would be OK without Fitzpatrick, there will be protesting from the fans, and possibly even mutiny from the players if the Jets head into the season with Geno Smith as the uncontested starter. While Geno has earned a chance to start, he shouldn’t be handed the job. Many have suggested adding another veteran, but anyone else on the market would be a significant downgrade from Fitzpatrick. He knows the system, he set records for the team last season, and everyone in the locker room respects him. The Jets will up the offer after their first day without Fitzpatrick and he’ll take it. It’s no secret that the Jets are Fitzpatrick’s only option, he either plays for them or doesn’t play at all barring an injury on another team. He wouldn’t be doing the team or himself any favors by delaying the inevitable.

Matt Forte will lead the league in total yards from scrimmage: Matt Forte has stated that he wants to capture the rushing title with the Jets, emulating former Jets’ great Curtis Martin. With the competition in the league, it’s a bit of a stretch for Forte to claim the rushing title but he is arguably the most versatile running back in the league. Forte will surpass the 1,000 yard rushing mark with around 1,100 yards and rack up over 800 yards receiving. Forte will surpass his career best of 808 yards receiving in Chan Gailey’s spread-happy offense. With around 1,950 yards from scrimmage, he will lead the league. Forte will fit nicely in Gailey’s system coming out of the backfield and occasionally splitting out wide. Forte will be a LaDainian Tomlinson 2.0 for the Jets, coming in as a dynamic veteran who will give them a couple of good years.

The Jets will make the playoffs: In the schedule predictions article I had the Jets going 9-7, and with their starting quarterback on the roster they will reach a nine win season. The Jets were handed one of the toughest schedules in the league and won’t match their 10-6 record because of the competition. With the return of their quarterback, and the additions of Matt Forte and Ryan Clady the Jets could have a better offense than they did last season and will be a hard team to beat. Unfortunately for them, many of the teams they have to play will also be hard to beat. The Jets will win a tie-breaker for the sixth seed via division record. When it comes to how far they’ll go, it’s hard to see the Jets getting past the divisional round. Ryan Fitzpatrick always seems to fold under pressure when it comes to games with postseason implications. The Jets still have a win-now team, and they will win, but it would take an even better season than last year and some luck for the Jets to go all the way.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

eghDdtVJhRs

Click here to read the full story...

Not sure any of those will be true. I think it is probably less than 50% Fitz signs at this point, I think Forte has gigantic bust written all over him, and playoffs seem really unlikely at this point because of our schedule.If Fitz does come back and start we may be 0-6/

Concerning Fitzpatrick, I do not agree with the article.   The Jets are not going to up their offer, conversely they will threaten Fitzpatrick with lowering their offer if he does not sign by a certian date.  There is no other team bidding on him, so why would the Jets bid against themselves?

BTW, the other point I disagree with is the Jets reacting to protesting from the fans. No insult intended to my fellow posters to this board and Jets fans, but if MacCagnan reacts to fans reactions he should be fired.

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

i agree with the first two...not sold on the 3rd.  

without a doubt Matt Forte makes the Jet offense better, but Jmo No way two happens  for several reasons. One-  first better all purpose Rb ( Afc alone) 

like Le'veon Bell, and Jamaal Charles  .( tough to see 31 year old forte beating those two out.    Steelers have the fastest Wr Corp around- that speed opens up the field for Le'veon Bell to exploit . ( large YAC) 

Two- Jets are facing much tougher schedule/ teams than those other teams.    

Three-  31 years old and will not carry the Rb load full time. ( Powell will get a lot of touches on offense.

Four- How effective will the Jets offense line be in 2016? ( that will have a big say what Matt Forte numbers look like.

I think Fitz does sign by the start of camp, I have a feeling they have a deal in place and he will sign just before camp. Fitz will win us 4- 5 more games than Geno and we will finish 8-8. Geno will not get us to the playoffs he will lose at least 3-4 games with his mistakes. I hope I am wrong and Geno turns it around but I just dont see it. I am not advocating for either QB, as I dont have much faith in either QB. I think Fitz will make less mistakes but will limit our offense.

8 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

1- we start 1-5, everyone blames Geno even though we would've had the same record with Fitz

2- the oline is atrocious, forcing us to finally address it in the draft next year

3- D Lee is a stud

Don't agree.  1-5 with Geno? Sure it can happen and probably will. I say Fitz would go 2-5:3-5 in same time frame. Fitz will win just enough games to put us out of the premium draft picks.  He will lose just enough game or the one pivotal game we need to once again miss the playoffs.  O line is certainly an unknown but I think it will be modestly better than atrocious. One or two injurys? Then yes, be pure poop at that point.  D Lee will be a stud in our 4-3 base.  I truly believe that.  Gotta keep the freight trains off him because don't see him shedding blocks like a big tall 3-4 linebackers.  

1. Yes I think Fitz eventually signs and plays this year because he would have retired already if that is what he truly wanted. Look at Brick, once he saw his offer he was half way on the couch already.  Fitz will sign and most likely with us.

2.  Forte will be a nifty player until he gets dinged up.  If he stays healthy and Brandion and Decker stay dominant I see a very good chance he could be a beast of a play action threat. A healthy Forte could be in the mix for all purpose yards F things fall right.  Too many variables to be too sure about it though.

3.  Playoffs! Playoffs!!  Playoffs!!!   No.  

Since Fitz has no future with the Jets I'm leaning on seeing Geno once & for all with some very good skill players around him. He'll either rise up & shock everyone or go up in flames, but at least all these threads would be over but the gloating by winners in the Geno good/bad sweepstakes.

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Don't agree.  1-5 with Geno? Sure it can happen and probably will. I say Fitz would go 2-5:3-5 in same time frame. Fitz will win just enough games to put us out of the premium draft picks.  He will lose just enough game or the one pivotal game we need to once again miss the playoffs.  O line is certainly an unknown but I think it will be modestly better than atrocious. One or two injurys? Then yes, be pure poop at that point.  D Lee will be a stud in our 4-3 base.  I truly believe that.  Gotta keep the freight trains off him because don't see him shedding blocks like a big tall 3-4 linebackers.  

1. Yes I think Fitz eventually signs and plays this year because he would have retired already if that is what he truly wanted. Look at Brick, once he saw his offer he was half way on the couch already.  Fitz will sign and most likely with us.

2.  Forte will be a nifty player until he gets dinged up.  If he stays healthy and Brandion and Decker stay dominant I see a very good chance he could be a beast of a play action threat. A healthy Forte could be in the mix for all purpose yards F things fall right.  Too many variables to be too sure about it though.

3.  Playoffs! Playoffs!!  Playoffs!!!   No.  

Agree. Except for the part about Fitz QBing the Jets to a 2-5 or 3-5 record in the first 6 games. ;) 

Only one of the thread-starter predictions I think will come true is the eventual Fitz re-signing. To your point, if he was going to sit out the season then the negotiation/standoff would have ended already. I think it's 2:1 odds he signs right before camp starts (or morning of day 1).

Maybe he holds out a full 1-3 days into camp, hoping a big enough Geno camp meltdown occurs by then (thereby pressuring the Jets to boos their offer some). It's a long shot and Fitz knows it; but logically speaking, a long shot at a higher offer is better than no shot, which is what he's got if he signs the deal as is before camp starts. 

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It amazes me that you would spend so much time imagining this stuff up and then taking the time to write it!

It's the equivalent of reading 2 books made entirely of Doonesbury comic strips.

Site_news_toon

You are the Jets board version of Gary Trudeau.

1. Someone convinces Woody that his team is worthless without "that Ryan Fitzgerald" guy. Woody then forces Macc's hand, telling him to re-sign "that Ron Fitzgerald" immediately. Macc gives Fitzpatrick a 3-year, $30 mil deal with $17 mil in guarantees. Gary Myers initially lauds the signing, then relentlessly mocks the Jets for the signing throughout the preseason.

2. Vontae Burfict beats ORT Brent Qvale for a sack in the third quarter of Week One, breaking Ryan Fitzpatrick's leg in the process. Qvale is starting because Macc had to cut Breno Giacomini in order to accommodate Ryan Fitzpatrick's new contract. The Jets go on to win the game 24-21 after Geno Smith drives the Jets 56 yards down the field for a Nick Folk field goal. Manish Mehta begins his game recap by pointing out that Christian Hackenberg was a wasted draft pick.

3. Todd Bowles starts Geno Smith the next week against the Bills. Smith throws three INTs and is sacked eight times in a 37-7 loss to Rex Ryan. Despite the cold weather, both Jenny Vrentas and Kim Martin are observed interviewing Ryan while wearing open-toed sandals.

4. After a 1-5 start, Todd Bowles announces a QB change from Geno Smith to controversial recent pickup Tarvaris Jackson. Bryce Petty is waived to make room for Jackson. Petty is picked up by the New England Patriots, and Jets fans immediately declare that Bryce Petty will come back to murder their dreams Victor Hobson-style. Gary Myers begins work on his newest masterwork, "Lynch vs Hackenberg: How the New York Jets Handed Denver a Dynasty."

5. The defense will be considerably better as a result of their improved speed at LB. Dee Milliner supplants a semi-retired Darrelle Revis at CB1 and is in conversation for DPOY. Erin Henderson's backup Darron Lee is the best punt-gunner in the league. Sheldon Richardson is arrested on the BQE driving 146 MPH while on ecstasy and harboring El Chapo in his trunk.

6. Jimmy Garopollo is waived and Bryce Petty is elevated to QB2 in New England. 

7. After a Week 10 loss to the Rams, Tarvaris Jackson is benched by Todd Bowles, who then announces that newly-signed Nick Foles will get the start in Week 12 after the Bye.

8. Despite giving up 5 TD passes to Bryce Petty (filling in for a suspended Tom Brady), the Jets beat the Patriots 38-35 on a 96-yard punt return by projected league MVP Dee Milliner.

9. An inconsistent Nick Foles is waived after two starts. Todd Bowles announces that newly-signed Matt Flynn will start at QB the rest of the season. Rich Cimini writes a Sunday column detailing the amazing work Christian Hackenberg is doing with at-risk youth in the inner cities of Rye, NY and Greenwich, Ct. 

10. Geno Smith replaces an ineffective Matt Flynn at halftime and leads the Jets over the Bills, knocking the Bills out of the playoff picture. The season ends on a high note, leaving the Jets at 7-9, with the 14th pick of a CB/DE-heavy draft class. Geno Smith inks a new 5-year, $72 million dollar extension. Mo Wikerson signs for $9 mil per season with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Laquon Treadwell edges Paxton Lynch for Rookie of the Year honors. Rex Ryan is fired and Buffalo replaces him with Jim Harbaugh, who is likewise fired from UMichigan after an exhaustive NCAA investigation. 

On June 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Obrien2Toon said:

3- D Lee is a stud

Why do you have to predict a 1-5 start? I just finally won my company's lottery and get to watch the Jets-Seahawks on Oct. 2 in the corporate box! They're gonna win and go 5-1!

1. Fitz will NOT be re-signed. Geno will be named starter and he will play well, really well. The Jets will go 6-4 into the bye (week 11). People keep saying Geno will go 1-5, which is very much possible, but why just include the first 6 games- which are brutal, why not include the next 4, which should be very much winable? Just saying. First 10 games, I see him going 6-4.

2. Jets will miss the playoffs. Unfortunately I have them going 9-7 

Wins: Ravens, Browns, Dolphins x2, Rams, Bills, Niners, Steelers, Colts

Losses: Pats x2, Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Hawks, Cards

Jets don't sign Fitz. Geno starts first 5 games, wins 1 by something like 13-10, which allows certain people here to beat their chests. Then he gets benched, and never starts another game for the Jets in his career. Veteran QB is signed mid-season, maybe Fitz, or Hasselbeck or Tavarias Jackson (when his legal sh*t is taken care of) but that guy isn't ready for a couple weeks, so Bryce Petty starts and loses the next 3 weeks. When the veteran takes over, there are 8 games left in the season. We win 3 of them. 

Jets will have the best defense in the league, but statistically it won't rank there because they will be on the field constantly.

Next season there'll be 3 great players in the draft, we'll have the 4th overall pick.

Here's my 3......

1) Ryan Fitzpatrick will return to a ONE year deal BEFORE the 1st day of training camp.

2) Matt Forte will NOT lead the league in yards from scrimmage and it will not be his fault. I just think the OL will let the offense down in a big way this season. The right side is very suspect.

3) The Jets will have a losing record and not make the playoffs. Their schedule is the horrid I think I have ever seen the Jets have. I do not believe they will even win a game until week 8. there will be a bunch of reasons as to why.

4) Oh, and Darron Lee is hardly a blip on the radar. he can cover the wheel route when he has protection from the DL, but he cannot play outside or even be the pass rusher everyone thinks.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

1- Jets start 2 and 5, lose at least 2 games to poor coaching decisions at that point.

2- Forte is solid but not enough to move the meter

3-  No matter who starts at QB, he is out by week 8-10.

I like your optimism:lol:

I think it's funny that the pro-Fitz people think he won't sign, while the Fitz isn't worth that kinda coin people expect him to. I suspect it's basically an admission that neither of these QBs is very good, and whoever "loses" this offseason's epic QB debate will ultimately get to say I told you so a helluva lot during the regular season. 

And I fall right in line. Fully expect Fitz to sign the unaltered deal he's been re-reading in his nightmares since March before the second or third day of training camp, and then I will have ample opportunity to point out why he was never worth that kind of money during the course of the year.

Glad my summer house season runs all the way to Halloween this year. 

1) Fitz does not sign throughout training camp.

2) Geno starts game 1, Jets trail 37-3 in the 4th quarter, Geno is 0 TD's, 2 Int's and 2 Fumbles lost through 3 quarters, but throws 3 TD's and 0 Int's in the 4th quarter against prevent D to finish the game with 3 TD's and 2 Int's, Jets lose 40-24, but Jet fans are ecstatic that Geno had more TD's than Int's thrown, ignoring his 2 fumbles lost, and beat their chests that they were right and Geno just needed a chance with weapinz.

3) Jets sign Fitz to a 4M one year deal on the Monday after Game 1, and they insist on him being the wild cat QB to play one out of 3 downs every drive because of his running ability, and the Jets brass thinks it will help cut down on Geno's fumbles. 85% of JN gets fired by the end of the year because they spend their day and night arguing about Fitz vs Geno and don't do their jobs.

1. Fitz will NOT be re-signed. Geno will be named starter and he will play well, really well. The Jets will go 6-4 into the bye (week 11). People keep saying Geno will go 1-5, which is very much possible, but why just include the first 6 games- which are brutal, why not include the next 4, which should be very much winable? Just saying. First 10 games, I see him going 6-4.

2. Jets will miss the playoffs. Unfortunately I have them going 9-7 

Wins: Ravens, Browns, Dolphins x2, Rams, Bills, Niners, Steelers, Colts

Losses: Pats x2, Bills, Bengals, Chiefs, Hawks, Cards

The Jets will not beat the Ravens, Steelers, Bills or the Dolphins twice.

5-7 wins tops this year.

30 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets will not beat the Ravens, Steelers, Bills or the Dolphins twice.

5-7 wins tops this year.

could be 5-7 I agree. Need Fitz and need tot go 5-4 in 1st 9 games (which took a hit w/Sheldon out for Home opener vs running Bengals. That is a MUST win, cause next 6 of 8 on road, with us Vegas underdogs in at least 6). I think we win 4 of last 7, so we probably need a upset in last 7 to get to 10 wins...Tough.. especially if confidence screwed with  a horrid start and guys start to think of January Tee Times.

could be 5-7 I agree. Need Fitz and need tot go 5-4 in 1st 9 games (which took a hit w/Sheldon out for Home opener vs running Bengals. That is a MUST win, cause next 6 of 8 on road, with us Vegas underdogs in at least 6). I think we win 4 of last 7, so we probably need a upset in last 7 to get to 10 wins...Tough.. especially if confidence screwed with  a horrid start and guys start to think of January Tee Times.

Jets are already 2 point underdogs in their home opener against the Bengals.

They won't be favorites to win a game until week 8 versus the Browns.

Archived