Colts lock up QB Luck to long term deal

faba

4 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Yup.  Like I've said in the past, they should lock him up now long-term.

Think about it.  Luck went 8-8 last season with a better team than Geno had back in 2013 when he went 8-8.  

i know someone who approves this comment!

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Are they lucky, or were they just willing to purposely tank a year?

That has been argued to death on here. I'm not going to continue on that one. 

However, regardless of what side of that argument you're on, there's one thing that can't be disputed:

The SECOND their once-in-a-generation QB starts to break down because of age, and misses an entire year because of an injury, is the same year another once-in-a-generation QB is available in the draft. 

That is luck. The kid is appropriately named. 

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That has been argued to death on here. I'm not going to continue on that one. 

However, regardless of what side of that argument you're on, there's one thing that can't be disputed:

The SECOND their once-in-a-generation QB starts to break down because of age, and misses an entire year because of an injury, is the same year another once-in-a-generation QB is available in the draft. 

That is luck. The kid is appropriately named. 

Good point.  While I don't think there's any doubt the Colts tanked for Luck, it was definitely lucky he was available.

Though I also think last season proves he's not crazy great.  Think he's looking at a career of being a top 10 QB if the team keeps him surrounded by great players/weaponz.

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Good point.  While I don't think there's any doubt the Colts tanked for Luck, it was definitely lucky he was available.

Though I also think last season proves he's not crazy great.  Think he's looking at a career of being a top 10 QB if the team keeps him surrounded by great players/weaponz.

We'd all give our left nut to have him be the QB of the Jets. 

16 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We'd all give our left nut to have him be the QB of the Jets. 

I dunno.  Luck went 8-8 last year with a better team than Geno went 8-8 with his rookie year.

Ok, I'll stop BSin.  Yes, left or right, doesn't matter.  I'd cut it out myself if it meant having a Luck instead of being ripped off by Ryan fu#%in Fitzpatrick.

22 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I dunno.  Luck went 8-8 last year with a better team than Geno went 8-8 with his rookie year.

Ok, I'll stop BSin.  Yes, left or right, doesn't matter.  I'd cut it out myself if it meant having a Luck instead of being ripped off by Ryan fu#%in Fitzpatrick.

Pics please

16 minutes ago, ljr said:

Pics please

Lol ok... I thought I might have taken it too far, but you definitely did.

I'd accept an ass whoopin and maybe lose a tooth, perhaps even a broken bone or two if it'd mean not wasting money and the season on Fitz.  But I'm keeping both nuts.  

14 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Oh to have Franchise QB, I wonder what that's like?

Colts have happened to be the worst team in the league prior to drafting John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck # 1.  Yet they only have one ring out of all of that.

They're a sh*tty, sh*tty organization with fans who wish they lived in Chicago instead of Indianapolis.  About the only positive thing you can say about the Colts is that they know how to tank properly (though I'm sure the timing was accidental in 1982, 1997 and 2011; after all, they are a sh*tty franchise that has had some truly terrible seasons because of how sh*tty they are).

Colts have happened to be the worst team in the league prior to drafting John Elway, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck # 1.  Yet they only have one ring out of all of that.

They're a sh*tty, sh*tty organization with fans who wish they lived in Chicago instead of Indianapolis.  About the only positive thing you can say about the Colts is that they know how to tank properly (though I'm sure the timing was accidental in 1982, 1997 and 2011; after all, they are a sh*tty franchise that has had some truly terrible seasons because of how sh*tty they are).

The Colts have made the playoffs 12 out of the last 15 years, winning the AFCS 10 of those years.

How is that considered a $hitty franchise?

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Colts have made the playoffs 12 out of the last 15 years, winning the AFCS 10 of those years.

Think having Peyton and Luck had something to do with that?  And maybe playing in the worst division in football pretty much every year doesn't hurt either.  They're great at sucking enough to grab an elite QB at the right time.  They're terrible at improving the other 52 spots on the roster, and have been for a long time.

Hell, the only time they won the Super Bowl, they were facing Rex Grossman.  That's right, Rex Grossman.  Talk about an anomaly type of season from the NFC.  Think they'd have beaten a Brees, Rodgers, Russell Wilson, or even a Matt Ryan?  Not with their terrible defense, they would not have.

It's another reason why Luck deserves this contract.  Because without him, that franchise is truly sunk.  Any franchise worth their salt would have gotten multiple rings out of these past 4 decades when they grabbed Elway, Manning, and Luck # 1.  But Elway wanted no part of playing for Jim Irsay, Peyton had to join Elway in Denver to get his 2nd, and they can't even protect Luck in the pocket with their awful offensive line.  That'll likely change this year, but because they botch so many draft picks outside of QB, they'll have problems elsewhere to deal with in 2016, I'm sure.

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It's amazing, the Colts have had two generational QBs in a row, and manage every year to neglect the Def and OL for both of them.

Grigson their current GM is an idiot.

Colts are going to clean house after they miss the playoffs.  Grigson, Pagano, Schitty are all sleeping with the fishes (career-wise)after next year

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

It would be the equivalent of you guys having only 1 untainted ring for the Brady era

Archived