Pats could start out 2-6 & here's why

Jetster

If Tom Brady misses the 1st 4 games of the season, they will lose all 4. Opener in Arizona, blowout! Fast track, no pass rush, Ariens likes to push the ball deep & Pats have 1 decent corner (Butler) who plays physically but lacks deep speed. This is a sky is falling game for Pats fans with a look into their future without Brady. 

Tannyhill owns the Pats. Look it up, this guy just plays well vs them for some reason. Again, with no pass rush, BB has to rush his LBs, Collins & Hightower, Tannyhill has the scrambling ability to make them pay. Fins defense plays just good enough vs the inexperienced backup.

Home vs the Texans. Not a great spot for Garrapalo vs a damn good defense with a coach that knows the opponents offense inside & out. Pats fans boo the team when their down at home with Brady @ QB, wait until the boos rain down on Jimmy after another 3 & out while JJ Watt is abusing the Pats Oline. Anyone who thinks Jimmy will be hitting those quick slants like Brady is dreaming. And guess what? Texans finally have a QB in Osweiller. As the crowd gets angrier Jimmy presses & starts losing his confidence. 

Patriots are a surprising 0-3 and the pressure is mounting for a win. Here comes Rex & the Bills. But guess what folks, Rex won't be having his guys sitting on their heels playing "stop the YAC" hope for a turnover. No, Rex is playing a rookie & I don't think Rex has ever lost to a rookie QB. In fact he eats them up. This is a pretty good Bills team & the Pats have been pretty much kicking them when they were down for 12 straight years. This will be a confident group, Taylor is a nightmare for their lumbering front, Watkins will turn Butler inside out & Rex will let the dogs out on Jimmy while the Pats faithful have had it & Gillette turns into a hissing Roman pit. 

Week 5 the Pats get Brady back & a reprieve. @ Browns. 1-4

Biggest game of the year for Pat. Cincy @ home. Cincy can run the rock & AJ Green vs Butler is a mismatch in size. This game could go either way but I'll give it to the Pats by a narrow margin. Must win for Pats. 2-4.

Toughest road game for Pats @ Pittsburgh. Sorry, Pats can't keep up in this one. Last year Pats got them in the home opener without Leveon Bell. Not this year, 7 games into the season, Big Ben & the offense are in gear. Steelers win shootout 42-35. 2-5.

Pats @ Bills. Another close game like most AFC East games lately. I have to give it to the home team. Bills sweep Pats for 1st time in FOREVER cementing Rex new 5 year contract. 2-6.

There you have it. Pats fans find out early in those 1st 4 games what life without Tom Brady looks like. This isn't the Willie McGinnest, Ty Law defense of Pats teams past that can make up for a sputtering offense. How their season goes from there I'll let others decide but if in fact the scenario I laid out comes to fruition, the next home game for the Pats after their bye is Russell Wilson & the Seattle Seahawks. Not a QB you want to face with a lumbering front 4 & a guy that forces your fastest LBs to play up to keep him from scrambling (Collins & Hightower), while Jimmy Graham is running wide open down the seam. Gonna be a helluva fun matchup and if the Pats lose a heartbreaker the Jets get 2 cracks at them to ruin their f*cking season once & for all!

If Tom Brady misses the 1st 4 games of the season, they will lose all 4. Opener in Arizona, blowout! Fast track, no pass rush, Ariens likes to push the ball deep & Pats have 1 decent corner (Butler) who plays physically but lacks deep speed. This is a sky is falling game for Pats fans with a look into their future without Brady. 

Tannyhill owns the Pats. Look it up, this guy just plays well vs them for some reason. Again, with no pass rush, BB has to rush his LBs, Collins & Hightower, Tannyhill has the scrambling ability to make them pay. Fins defense plays just good enough vs the inexperienced backup.

Home vs the Texans. Not a great spot for Garrapalo vs a damn good defense with a coach that knows the opponents offense inside & out. Pats fans boo the team when their down at home with Brady @ QB, wait until the boos rain down on Jimmy after another 3 & out while JJ Watt is abusing the Pats Oline. Anyone who thinks Jimmy will be hitting those quick slants like Brady is dreaming. And guess what? Texans finally have a QB in Osweiller. As the crowd gets angrier Jimmy presses & starts losing his confidence. 

Patriots are a surprising 0-3 and the pressure is mounting for a win. Here comes Rex & the Bills. But guess what folks, Rex won't be having his guys sitting on their heels playing "stop the YAC" hope for a turnover. No, Rex is playing a rookie & I don't think Rex has ever lost to a rookie QB. In fact he eats them up. This is a pretty good Bills team & the Pats have been pretty much kicking them when they were down for 12 straight years. This will be a confident group, Taylor is a nightmare for their lumbering front, Watkins will turn Butler inside out & Rex will let the dogs out on Jimmy while the Pats faithful have had it & Gillette turns into a hissing Roman pit. 

Week 5 the Pats get Brady back & a reprieve. @ Browns. 1-4

Biggest game of the year for Pat. Cincy @ home. Cincy can run the rock & AJ Green vs Butler is a mismatch in size. This game could go either way but I'll give it to the Pats by a narrow margin. Must win for Pats. 2-4.

Toughest road game for Pats @ Pittsburgh. Sorry, Pats can't keep up in this one. Last year Pats got them in the home opener without Leveon Bell. Not this year, 7 games into the season, Big Ben & the offense are in gear. Steelers win shootout 42-35. 2-5.

Pats @ Bills. Another close game like most AFC East games lately. I have to give it to the home team. Bills sweep Pats for 1st time in FOREVER cementing Rex new 5 year contract. 2-6.

There you have it. Pats fans find out early in those 1st 4 games what life without Tom Brady looks like. This isn't the Willie McGinnest, Ty Law defense of Pats teams past that can make up for a sputtering offense. How their season goes from there I'll let others decide but if in fact the scenario I laid out comes to fruition, the next home game for the Pats after their bye is Russell Wilson & the Seattle Seahawks. Not a QB you want to face with a lumbering front 4 & a guy that forces your fastest LBs to play up to keep him from scrambling (Collins & Hightower), while Jimmy Graham is running wide open down the seam. Gonna be a helluva fun matchup and if the Pats lose a heartbreaker the Jets get 2 cracks at them to ruin their f*cking season once & for all!

Put the crack pipe down

Pats will win 12-14 games just like they do every season.

23 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Let's worry about the Jets, who could easily start out 0-6 with their schedule

I do worry about the Jets first but I'm always interested in what EVERY OTHER team in the AFC East does each week too since it is in direct correlation to the Jets & their season. Personally, I think we're going to be trying to catch Buffalo down the stretch. Tyrod Taylor is better than anyone we have to throw out there at QB. Hey, I put it out there how I see it playing out. Sue me. 

Jets aren't going 0-6 because they'll open with a win vs the Bengals. This isn't Jets vs Bengals 2014 in Cincy. Jets stuff the run, shut down AJ Greene, and Dalton has nowhere to go after losing Sanu, Marvin Jones & Eifert won't be ready.

Jets start 1-0 & instantly your already wrong with your 0-6 prediction.

4 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Best case scenario the patsies will be 6-2 at the half way point...

This dude is no way the Deer Hunter Mainejet. Total imposter/Trolling Pats fan. Time for the mods to bring down the hammer & ban this clown for good. Mods?

I do worry about the Jets first but I'm always interested in what EVERY OTHER team in the AFC East does each week too since it is in direct correlation to the Jets & their season. Personally, I think we're going to be trying to catch Buffalo down the stretch. Tyrod Taylor is better than anyone we have to throw out there at QB. Hey, I put it out there how I see it playing out. Sue me. 

Jets aren't going 0-6 because they'll open with a win vs the Bengals. This isn't Jets vs Bengals 2014 in Cincy. Jets stuff the run, shut down AJ Greene, and Dalton has nowhere to go after losing Sanu, Marvin Jones & Eifert won't be ready.

Jets start 1-0 & instantly your already wrong with your 0-6 prediction.

The Jets are 2 point underdogs in their home opener against the Bengals.

Cincy comes away with an easy win.

6 hours ago, Jetster said:

Patriots are a surprising 0-3 and the pressure is mounting for a win. Here comes Rex & the Bills. But guess what folks, Rex won't be having his guys sitting on their heels playing "stop the YAC" hope for a turnover. No, Rex is playing a rookie & I don't think Rex has ever lost to a rookie QB. In fact he eats them up. 

3rd Round Rookie QB Russell Wilson in 2012: 12/19 188Yds 2 TDs, 7 rushes for 34 yards. Seattle wins 28-7

1st Round Rookie QB Ryan Tannehill in 2012 2/5 18Yds. Miami wins 30-9. :P (Moore took over and won it)

1st Rounds Rookie QB Terry Bridgewater in 2014: 19/27 309Yds 2TDs 1Int; 3 Rushes for 7 yards. Minnesota wins 30-24.

Rex is a shiny turd that has lost his luster. The excellent record against Rookie QBs is merely another false myth that has dissipated like a gastrointestinal pressure release in the blustery winds of the meadowlands. 

ALL THAT said. Pats go 1-3 by end of week 4 if all goes according to your projection. Oh yeah, Garrapalo is now entering his 3rd year, not a rookie. 

35 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

3rd Round Rookie QB Russell Wilson in 2012: 12/19 188Yds 2 TDs, 7 rushes for 34 yards. Seattle wins 28-7

1st Round Rookie QB Ryan Tannehill in 2012 2/5 18Yds. Miami wins 30-9. :P (Moore took over and won it)

1st Rounds Rookie QB Terry Bridgewater in 2014: 19/27 309Yds 2TDs 1Int; 3 Rushes for 7 yards. Minnesota wins 30-24.

Rex is a shiny turd that has lost his luster. The excellent record against Rookie QBs is merely another false myth that has dissipated like a gastrointestinal pressure release in the blustery winds of the meadowlands. 

ALL THAT said. Pats go 1-3 by end of week 4 if all goes according to your projection. Oh yeah, Garrapalo is now entering his 3rd year, not a rookie. 

Jimmy G has not played in one NFL game that counts. Jimmy is not Russell Wilson (Jets defense sucked in 2012) and Seattle went 11-5! Jets secondary was horrific at the end of 2014 vs Bridgewater (Macc had to spend 115 million to fix it). You grabbed to outliers & a rookie that was BENCHED. Bills 2016 defense is way better than Jets 2012, 2014 defenses. Not even close.

Rex blitz packages are not inexperience friendly. Again, I put it out there & we'll revisit mid season.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jimmy G has not played in one NFL game that counts. Jimmy is not Russell Wilson (Jets defense sucked in 2012) and Seattle went 11-5! Jets secondary was horrific at the end of 2014 vs Bridgewater (Macc had to spend 115 million to fix it). You grabbed to outliers & a rookie that was BENCHED. Bills 2016 defense is way better than Jets 2012, 2014 defenses. Not even close.

Rex blitz packages are not inexperience friendly. Again, I put it out there & we'll revisit mid season.

There is a hugeeeeeee difference between starting your first nfl game 3 years into the league, rather than being a rookie... They call it developing QB's for a reason. That being said though, I could easily see Pats starting out 2-2 1-3. Obviously a different dynamic to this team without Brady. 

There is a hugeeeeeee difference between starting your first nfl game 3 years into the league, rather than being a rookie... They call it developing QB's for a reason. That being said though, I could easily see Pats starting out 2-2 1-3. Obviously a different dynamic to this team without Brady. 

Last time the Pats did not have Brady, they went 11-5.

Do you really see the Pats losing to the Phins, Bills and Texans in Foxboro?

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Last time the Pats did not have Brady, they went 11-5.

Do you really see the Pats losing to the Phins, Bills and Texans in Foxboro?

Would I be shocked if pats came out and started at 3-1 or better? Of course not. As much as I dislike the Patriots and Belichick, I respect them as a franchise and they have always seemed to win, regardless of the circumstances. That being said, I just stated that I could see them starting out poorly. The roster in 2008 was coming off of an 18-1 season and the defense was definitely much stronger than in 2016. I mean Tedy bruschi, Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, and Brandon Meriweather is pretty talented bunch. I'm not sure how the pats defense stacks up this year yet, especially with the loss of Chandler Jones. Tom Brady also brings more to the table, if the pat's are ever vulnerable, the first four games of 2016 will be the time...

Would I be shocked if pats came out and started at 3-1 or better? Of course not. As much as I dislike the Patriots and Belichick, I respect them as a franchise and they have always seemed to win, regardless of the circumstances. That being said, I just stated that I could see them starting out poorly. The roster in 2008 was coming off of an 18-1 season and the defense was definitely much stronger than in 2016. I mean Tedy bruschi, Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Vince Wilfork, Jerod Mayo, and Brandon Meriweather is pretty talented bunch. I'm not sure how the pats defense stacks up this year yet, especially with the loss of Chandler Jones. Tom Brady also brings more to the table, if the pat's are ever vulnerable, the first four games of 2016 will be the time...

Good post, pretty much agree with everything you said.

13 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

At this point, let's be concerned about the Jets record before worrying about a division rival.

Yeah, theres absolutely no reason to keep tabs on our division rivals at all.......

Somewhere at this very minute Belli is scheming a new cheat to open the season with a new advantage. He is a mad scientist of bending the rules, lying, deception. He hates to lose, therefore he will find a way to pull one out. Pats* open 1-3. Brady will start to look every bit the part of middle aged guy this season as Big Poppi bought out the Mass supply of PEDS. Poor Tommy, no go juice for you!

Archived