Durant to the Warriors

faba

16 minutes ago, faba said:

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN

FfquL9A0_normal.jpeg

Can't bash Kevin Durant for this. The guy put winning above everything else. Including his ego.

Durant front-runs to chase ring: winner.

Lebron front-runs to chase ring: backstabbing front-running a$$hole. Fraud. Rings will never be legitimate.

Lesson? Do what you want. Just don't be uppity.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Simmons is praising this. Unreal. From the leader of the "I can't believe Lebron teamed up with Wade omg what a loser" bandwagon.

Simmons capimg for this is worse than Durant actually signing there in the first place. That said, Durant seems like a nice dude, but he's soft and probably needs to be the third guy on a championship-level team. This really makes the league more interesting because we'll all be rooting for Golden State to implode like the 2015 Washington Nationals.

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Simmons capimg for this is worse than Durant actually signing there in the first place. That said, Durant seems like a nice dude, but he's soft and probably needs to be the third guy on a championship-level team. This really makes the league more interesting because we'll all be rooting for Golden State to implode like the 2015 Washington Nationals.

Bull. Durant's a shill all the same.

http://www.hbo.com/sports/the-offseason-kevin-durant/index.html

The Decision Part Deux. I'm sure him and HBO will try to explain to all of us how this isn't that, though.

The difference between him and Lebron is that Durant benefited from The Decision like nobody else, signing that extension quietly and being labeled the anti-Lebron by everyone; then subsequently marketing himself accordingly.

And what's making all of this so bad is that he's putting me in the position of having to observe Stephen A as the voice of reason. This is the team that came back against you from 3-1 and embarrassed you dude. Be more of a pussy. Not to mention:

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Bull. Durant's a shill all the same.

http://www.hbo.com/sports/the-offseason-kevin-durant/index.html

The Decision Part Deux. I'm sure him and HBO will try to explain to all of us how this isn't that, though.

The difference between him and Lebron is that Durant benefited from The Decision like nobody else, signing that extension quietly and being labeled the anti-Lebron by everyone; then subsequently marketing himself accordingly.

And what's making all of this so bad is that he's putting me in the position of having to observe Stephen A as the voice of reason. This is the team that came back against you from 3-1 and embarrassed you dude. Be more of a pussy.

I love Lebron and have come to see criticism of him as usually baseless and mostly surreptitious defenses of Michael Jordan's legacy, so I'm definitely not trying to defend Durant's move by comparing it to Lebron's. If he was a muchacho, Durant should have re-signed with OKC, but I don't think he's wired that way as a competitor. I think he smokes sh*t tons of weed and shoots jump shots and hopes for someone to bail him out in tight games, and I think Westbrook took advantage of that to make Durant the fey Robin to his Batman. In GS, he knows that going 4-18 in a big spot is meaningless because Klay and Curry will bail him out. Soft.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I love Lebron and have come to see criticism of him as usually baseless and mostly surreptitious defenses of Michael Jordan's legacy, so I'm definitely not trying to defend Durant's move by comparing it to Lebron's. If he was a muchacho, Durant should have re-signed with OKC, but I don't think he's wired that way as a competitor. I think he smokes sh*t tons of weed and shoots jump shots and hopes for someone to bail him out in tight games, and I think Westbrook took advantage of that to make Durant the fey Robin to his Batman. In GS, he knows that going 4-18 in a big spot is meaningless because Klay and Curry will bail him out. Soft.

I actually wouldn't have cared had he gone anywhere else. Go to the Clips for all I care. But Golden State?

Silver lining is watching OKC fans crying about how they deserved better because they supported him all these years. I can't imagine how it must feel for them to have SOMETHING THAT THEY LOVE STOLEN AWAY FROM THEIR CLUTCHES.

Wow.  That team on defense is no great shakes, but god damn that offense is going to be ridiculous because they'll have 3 deadly shooters, a wild card in Green, and whomever at center to rebound.  

I'm not surprised he picked the Warriors, because they have the best team out there and he fits the SF/PF gap by Harrison Barnes.  Other teams like the Spurs (well run, but a bit old), Clips (core guys injury questions) meant he might as well go back to OKC.  I'm just surprised he left in the first place, because that OKC team is very talented in itself with him.  Westbrook, Oladipo, Durant, Kanter, Adams would have been a very tough team to beat.

15 hours ago, dbatesman said:

The most exciting part of this is trying to guess which group of fans Deadspin will paint as The Real Villains

Turns out it's basically everyone who has an opinion, because we just don't understand how things work:

Here’s a fun thought experiment: When you read analysis of the move today, mentally replace “play” with “work” and “team” with “workplace.”

Wow, what a totally original and not-at-all hackneyed, reductive, or nonsensical take! Keep 'em coming, boys!

The NBA is pure garbage filled with nothing but cowards.  Shame to because there a lot of exciting players in the league right now.

It's literally all about 2 teams and every other team is meaningless.  Literally, meaningless.  Terrible product all around.  Totally looking forward to another sh*tty GS vs. Clev Finals. That last one was so thrilling.

And OKC should be ashamed of themselves to let what they had fall apart so easily.  The Gators will take you back and you can coach real basketball any time you'd like, Billy.  

44 minutes ago, JiF said:

The NBA is pure garbage filled with nothing but cowards.  Shame to because there a lot of exciting players in the league right now.

It's literally all about 2 teams and every other team is meaningless.  Literally, meaningless.  Terrible product all around.  Totally looking forward to another sh*tty GS vs. Clev Finals. That last one was so thrilling.

And OKC should be ashamed of themselves to let what they had fall apart so easily.  The Gators will take you back and you can coach real basketball any time you'd like, Billy.  

But they got a big TV deal and exploding salary caps and nobody every travels!

Generally speaking, it's incredibly hypocritical for fans and the media to judge pro athletes on the number of championships they've won and then criticize athletes for going to good teams to win a championship.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Are you honestly suggesting that a Finals that saw the first ever comeback from a 3-1 deficit and a Game 7 that was tied with a minute to play wasn't at all captivating?

4 minutes ago, JohnnyHector said:

Are you honestly suggesting that a Finals that saw the first ever comeback from a 3-1 deficit and a Game 7 that was tied with a minute to play wasn't at all captivating?

It was the most boring series in sports that I can legit remember in my life time.  There have been sweeps that were more entertaining.  The fact that it ended the way it did, doesnt change the fact we saw 6 games of non-competitive basketball with every single game being won by double digits.

So yes.  It was god awful.  Throw in that there was literally only one likable player on the floor and it made the series even worse. 

5 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Turns out it's basically everyone who has an opinion, because we just don't understand how things work:

Wow, what a totally original and not-at-all hackneyed, reductive, or nonsensical take! Keep 'em coming, boys!

Did you just quote yourself?

7 hours ago, JiF said:

The NBA will now play an 82 game schedule with may be 3 or 4 teams having any shot at winning the title. I hate salary caps, and respect any pro athlete that maximizes his salary. An owner of any NBA team is by definition a billionaire or a successful business man or both. But as an owner when he has a chance to sign talent he needs to have a lock on his checkbook.  The NBA pretends the cap creates competitive balance, but that's crap. No team lower than 4th in it's conference has made the Finals since the Knicks (8th seed) in 1999.   The NBA is the worst. Since only 5 guys can play at a time it's bound to be the most superstar driven sport. The cap does nothing to change that and really makes it worse. It's made the entire sport about signings, cap numbers, salaries,who signs with who. The games themselves are secondary and barely after all the soap opera BS. 

8 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The NBA will now play an 82 game schedule with may be 3 or 4 teams having any shot at winning the title. I hate salary caps, and respect any pro athlete that maximizes his salary. An owner of any NBA team is by definition a billionaire or a successful business man or both. But as an owner when he has a chance to sign talent he needs to have a lock on his checkbook.  The NBA pretends the cap creates competitive balance, but that's crap. No team lower than 4th in it's conference has made the Finals since the Knicks (8th seed) in 1999.   The NBA is the worst. Since only 5 guys can play at a time it's bound to be the most superstar driven sport. The cap does nothing to change that and really makes it worse. It's made the entire sport about signings, cap numbers, salaries,who signs with who. The games themselves are secondary and barely after all the soap opera BS. 

1999 was the lockout year so the Knicks weren't a real 8 seed that year.

they always complain about imbalance in baseball and I think they have had more champs than anyone over the last 30 years or so.

On July 4, 2016 at 0:46 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Lebron front-runs to chase ring: backstabbing front-running a$$hole. Fraud. Rings will never be legitimate.

Will you stop with the life is unfairs.

David Ortiz does steroids nobody cares

Arod does steroids...CHEATER LOSER SCUMBAG.

im a Yankee fan and agree with that. Why, bc Arod is a dick.

lebron James is a dick. He's a fake natural born d-bag. Just like Arod.

On the other hand, I'd mow Ortiz's lawn if he was my neighbor, just because...same with Durant.

good, quality people. Vs d-bags

Go Warriors!!!! 

2 hours ago, faba said:

NBA has always been top heavy only  a couple of teams have realistic shot at winning it all not  a recent development really

I disagree. The 90s were littered with championship caliber teams and they never got there because of Jordan. You can see it when the playoffs hit now. The past few years things haven't been very good until the conference finals, and the Eastern conference isn't even worth watching. That never used to be the case.

That said I wouldn't be so quick to crown this GS team just yet. They certainly have to be the favorites but losing Bogut is a bigger loss than people think; the only legit big they have now is Draymond. A playoff series is always about the matchup and there are definitely going to be some matchups to exploit when the playoffs come because they are a very undersized team now, and a lack of versatility can wreck a team in the playoffs.

On Monday, July 04, 2016 at 0:46 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

YUP

10 hours ago, HessStation said:

Will you stop with the life is unfairs.

David Ortiz does steroids nobody cares

Arod does steroids...CHEATER LOSER SCUMBAG.

im a Yankee fan and agree with that. Why, bc Arod is a dick.

lebron James is a dick. He's a fake natural born d-bag. Just like Arod.

On the other hand, I'd mow Ortiz's lawn if he was my neighbor, just because...same with Durant.

good, quality people. Vs d-bags

Go Warriors!!!! 

NOPE

Archived