Tim Duncan retires

faba

It's funny seeing Kobe go out like Kareem, and then you have Duncan, whom anyone would take over Kobe in a heartbeat and you can arguably put as top five all-time (I wouldn't, but the argument is there to be made), and just goes out with an average headline, no going away party or anything. Such a Duncan thing to do.

Funny thing for me is that despite all his accomplishments, I always considered the fact that he was able to guard Shaq while in Shaq was his prime to be his biggest achievement. Wallace could handle him too but not like Duncan.

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's funny seeing Kobe go out like Kareem, and then you have Duncan, whom anyone would take over Kobe in a heartbeat and you can arguably put as top five all-time (I wouldn't, but the argument is there to be made), and just goes out with an average headline, no going away party or anything. Such a Duncan thing to do.

Funny thing for me is that despite all his accomplishments, I always considered the fact that he was able to guard Shaq while in Shaq was his prime to be his biggest achievement. Wallace could handle him too but not like Duncan.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. 

Kobe was the splashy celeb. Most people would take the splashy celeb over the big fundamental, regardless of how wrong they'd be. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That was my very first thought when I opened this thread.  Quite possibly the classiest elite athlete of all-time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

duncan drove pitino out of the nba.  i remember the lottery when the celts had 2 lottery picks and something like an over 30% chance of getting the number one.  all signs pointed to duncan but instead they got the 3rd and 5th and squandered them on chauncey billups and ron mercer.  pitino was such a fool.  nice to see him get what he got.

Archived