If Fitz returns how do you think...........

SouthernJet

the team schemes?

Ivory/Forte? Same? Adding Khiry gives Jets 3 REALLY solid RBs. OffLine better/worse?

Our WRs have improved, folks coming back for injury and some young studs being a year older.

Defense? Secondary might have dropped a notch? LBs better. Front 7 overall better/more experienced.

You think we get tad more aggressive offensively thinking our Def may be a tad less effective?

ST's can only get better, and therefore better field position can only help as we may need 1 less 1st down to be in FG range or on Def. if they start further back we may save some FGs against us............

Your thoughts?

12 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

the team schemes?

Ivory/Forte? Same? Adding Khiry gives Jets 3 REALLY solid RBs. OffLine better/worse?

Our WRs have improved, folks coming back for injury and some young studs being a year older.

Defense? Secondary might have dropped a notch? LBs better. Front 7 overall better/more experienced.

You think we get tad more aggressive offensively thinking our Def may be a tad less effective?

ST's can only get better, and therefore better field position can only help as we may need 1 less 1st down to be in FG range or on Def. if they start further back we may save some FGs against us............

Your thoughts?

Better in just about every way except at QB (which would stay the same obviously), potentially LB, and overall stats/record since opponents much harder.

Oline if Clady healthy will be better.

RBs slightly better.  Ivory is great when 100%, but that was pretty rare.

TE can't possibly get worse than 2015.

WRs, barring significant injury, better.  Quincy and Devin should improve.

Secondary, addition by subtraction of Cro.  If Millner is healthy, it'll be a big upgrade.  Don't sleep on Pryor improving even more.  Revis healthy.

LBs...  the lone spot where things could have gotten worse.  I think they've gotten better, but it's entirely possible the youth and speed is outweighed by inexperience and mistakes.

Dline will continue to wreck shop as Sheldon has trimmed down a bit and Williams enters his second year.  Even if Wilk holds out.  Losing Snacks sucks, but we do have guys to plug in.

Team overall should be better with 2nd year in system(s).

Now swap Fitz out for Geno and we're playoff bound even vs the rough opponents.

9 minutes ago, ljr said:

Lol ... Hate to force you Geno fans to actually learn something about your football team ... But uhhmmm ....

http://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2016/06/18/Chris-Ivory-expected-to-start-over-TJ-Yeldon-for-Jacksonville-Jaguars/6721466267143/

I don't get it.  

Though so long as he's running near 100%, he should definitely start in Jacksonville.  

Are you saying he's much better than Forte?

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't get it.  

Though so long as he's running near 100%, he should definitely start in Jacksonville.  

Too consumed in my Geno hate ... Seeing the red cape any time the name gets mentioned ... Nothing to get,  Deleting my post & calling it a night ... Will try to avoid checking in here tomorrow & breathe some fresh air instead ... Peace!

29 minutes ago, ljr said:

Too consumed in my Geno hate ... Seeing the red cape any time the name gets mentioned ... Nothing to get,  Deleting my post & calling it a night ... Will try to avoid checking in here tomorrow & breathe some fresh air instead ... Peace!

Lol wut?

15 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Better in just about every way except at QB (which would stay the same obviously), potentially LB, and overall stats/record since opponents much harder.

Oline if Clady healthy will be better.

RBs slightly better.  Ivory is great when 100%, but that was pretty rare.

TE can't possibly get worse than 2015.

WRs, barring significant injury, better.  Quincy and Devin should improve.

Secondary, addition by subtraction of Cro.  If Millner is healthy, it'll be a big upgrade.  Don't sleep on Pryor improving even more.  Revis healthy.

LBs...  the lone spot where things could have gotten worse.  I think they've gotten better, but it's entirely possible the youth and speed is outweighed by inexperience and mistakes.

Dline will continue to wreck shop as Sheldon has trimmed down a bit and Williams enters his second year.  Even if Wilk holds out.  Losing Snacks sucks, but we do have guys to plug in.

Team overall should be better with 2nd year in system(s).

nice post I just dont agree on secondary,,,I hope I am wrong......Bleed Green

8 hours ago, Mike135 said:

I don't get it.  

I think you will end up seeing (this is mainly for Fantasy Folks) a RBBC (if u dont follow fantasy: RunningBackbyCommittee) in w/Ivory/Yeldon with KEY fact that Ivory will get ball near goal-line per Jags. Make sme LOL cause he SUCKED at goal line in NY and Jets eventually gave up and went w/Powell at goal line.

15 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Want to save this for posterity.

One wonders why Macc and Bowles don't seem to see what appears to be so clear to the average fan...

11 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I think you will end up seeing (this is mainly for Fantasy Folks) a RBBC (if u dont follow fantasy: RunningBackbyCommittee) in w/Ivory/Yeldon with KEY fact that Ivory will get ball near goal-line per Jags. Make sme LOL cause he SUCKED at goal line in NY and Jets eventually gave up and went w/Powell at goal line.

If Ivory could stay healthy he would have been a HOF RB in the 70s. He's an amazing runner when fresh. Size and speed. Makes you brace for impact then side steps or runs around you. He's a freak of nature. When he's nicked up he doesn't have anything to fall back on however.

The problem lies either in his big picture intelligence. Either he can't see it, or doesn't put in the time and effort off the field.

All the finesse parts of his game are lacking, not the least of which is avoiding collisions. Goal line takes some finesse, and deception, as does receiving, and pass protection. Seeing the field and projecting what the defenders will do is not Ivory's strong suit. 

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

could be right, except I think we are in the game into mid-late 4th Qtr w//Fitz more than Geno

They have different strengths and weaknesses.  Our OL might be so bad this season we end up seeing both start

6 minutes ago, drdetroit said:

They have different strengths and weaknesses.  Our OL might be so bad this season we end up seeing both start

again, might happen..... great unknown... but fitz will know playbook better and dump off to safety valve RB/HBack w/weak OL more than Geno would IMHO. he will scramble and take more sacks for loss.

39 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

again, might happen..... great unknown... but fitz will know playbook better and dump off to safety valve RB/HBack w/weak OL more than Geno would IMHO. he will scramble and take more sacks for loss.

Don't forget, that first of three INTs in the 4th quarter week 17 came on 2nd down in FG range.  When the dump off would've been a TD.  Throwing it away would've meant living for 3rd down and at least a FG to take the lead.

Fitz is not an especially smart/clutch football player.

41 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Don't forget, that first of three INTs in the 4th quarter week 17 came on 2nd down in FG range.  When the dump off would've been a TD.  Throwing it away would've meant living for 3rd down and at least a FG to take the lead.

and this means??? No one said he was Johnny Unitas, just better than Geno. Geno virtually ALWAYS bails after primary covered, Fitz doesnt. smh, take a play here, play there..what is your Geno agenda? You his agent? Boyfriend?

3 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

and this means??? No one said he was Johnny Unitas, just better than Geno. Geno virtually ALWAYS bails after primary covered, Fitz doesnt. smh, take a play here, play there..what is your Geno agenda? You his agent? Boyfriend?

Jets agenda.  I'm 37.  At this point I have to really consider the possibility that if I live to 70... I may never see a Jets Superbowl victory.  The dumb moves have to stop.  Wasting time and money on Fitz is dumb.

29 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Jets agenda.  I'm 37.  At this point I have to really consider the possibility that if I live to 70... I may never see a Jets Superbowl victory.  The dumb moves have to stop.  Wasting time and money on Fitz is dumb.

It is if you think we have zero shot at playoffs THIS year.  If you think we have a shot, then Fitz only one who can do that, but I agree, I'd like to see Hack/petty or a player not on Jets right now as future and starting in 2017.

4 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

It is if you think we have zero shot at playoffs THIS year.  If you think we have a shot, then Fitz only one who can do that, but I agree, I'd like to see Hack/petty or a player not on Jets right now as future and starting in 2017.

Obviously I disagree.  The best shot at the playoffs this season is with Geno.

He's the wildcard.  Fitz is a waste.  Petty and Hack, from all accounts, aren't close to being ready and it'd actually hurt them to play to soon (see Geno's first two years).  Geno is the only one who can make the offense explosive enough to win vs top opponents.  He also can suck horribly and we get a great draft pick w/o wasting money on Fitz and w/o hurting one of our younger QBs.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

He's the wildcard.  Fitz is a waste.  Petty and Hack, from all accounts, aren't close to being ready and it'd actually hurt them to play to soon (see Geno's first two years).  Geno is the only one who can make the offense explosive enough to win vs top opponents.  He also can suck horribly and we get a great draft pick w/o wasting money on Fitz and w/o hurting one of our younger QBs.

geno is the wildcard in a 7,000 card deck.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

He's the wildcard.  

LOL. Scramble backwards, cant hit secondary WR cause he is too slow. So you like scrambling QBs, oh well.. sad.......

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

just another complete lie

7 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

LOL. Scramble backwards, cant hit secondary WR cause he is too slow. So you like scrambling QBs, oh well.. sad.......

Secondary WR?  Ha, in 2013 n '14 we were lucky to have a primary WR that was NFL worthy.  

Notice Ivory.  

I noticed Geno running backwwards and taking us out of FG psoition severral times when primary covered. What a silly act taking slices of games, we were VERY good last year, set Offfensive records. Oh I know , zero Progression Geno would have fpund all those 2nd and 3rd WRs also, LOL.. Laughable........ Either kid or agenda driven, certainly not XsOs.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Secondary WR?  Ha, in 2013 n '14 we were lucky to have a primary WR that was NFL worthy.  

I have a question for you @mike135, If Jets traded Geno for Rivers or Cutler would have been happy or sad?   I know you hate Fitz but is it just that or do you think Geno is Better then the QB's I listed.

2 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I noticed Geno running backwwards and taking us out of FG psoition severral times when primary covered. What a silly act taking slices of games, we were VERY good last year, set Offfensive records. Oh I know , zero Progression Geno would have fpund all those 2nd and 3rd WRs also, LOL.. Laughable........ Either kid or agenda driven, certainly not XsOs.

4 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

I have a question for you @mike135, If Jets traded Geno for Rivers or Cutler would have been happy or sad?   I know you hate Fitz but is it just that or do you think Geno is Better then the QB's I listed.

Well there would never be a trade involving Geno for either of those two, but would I be happy right now if Rivers or Cutler was our starting QB?... hell yeah!  Who wouldn't be?

In that scenario Geno would've been kept around as the cheap backup to a legit NFL starting QB.

Well there would never be a trade involving Geno for either of those two, but would I be happy right now if Rivers or Cutler was our starting QB?... hell yeah!  Who wouldn't be?

In that scenario Geno would've been kept around as the cheap backup to a legit NFL starting QB.

So if I understand you correct, you don't love Geno as much as you just hate Fitz?  If this is correct you and both should be hoping Petty beats them both out...

27 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Notice Ivory.  

yes, I noticed ivory at the 21 yard line. did you notice the 3 bills defenders sitting at the 5,6, and 7 yard line? or the defender 1 yard deep in the endzone? like I said, a complete lie and nothing more than wishful thinking. in hindsight, was it the better option? absolutely. end result would have been 1st and goal at the 8. and that's if he caught it and caught it cleanly

edit: it would have been 3rd and 2 at the 8 yard line, not 1st and goal

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

yes, I noticed ivory at the 21 yard line. did you notice the 3 bills defenders sitting at the 5,6, and 7 yard line? or the defender 1 yard deep in the endzone? like I said, a complete lie and nothing more than wishful thinking. in hindsight, was it the better option? absolutely. end result would have been 1st and goal at the 8. and that's if he caught it and caught it cleanly

who cares, if every QB play was right the QB rate woudl be prefect for 32 QBs every week. These fans are nuts.

12 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

So if I understand you correct, you don't love Geno as much as you just hate Fitz?  If this is correct you and both should be hoping Petty beats them both out...

There's no love or hate involved at all.  

Fitz is a known commodity.  He's Fitz.  Mediocre.  A good backup.  Not a starter.

Don't waste time starting him or money on him.  It's very simple.

Geno is an unknown.  The Jets made the aforementioned career backup QB look good in 2015.  What can they do for a young QB still learning?

Archived