Geno Smith's 2014 Stats in "Context".

Villain The Foe

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I think another month of redundancy on the subject might finally make it clear.

But maybe not.

Funny how the part of the argument that we don't like hearing is redundant.  

The same shlt we rehash over and over again is insightful and compelling 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet Darwin is always in the mix with the same redundant response, yet finds his way every time in the mix talking about a subject he claims needs to be dismissed. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

No, I didn't designate any particular part of it as redundant. It's all redundant, and the definition of rehashing over and over = redundant. Regardless of whether your opinion is that some of it's insightful and compelling.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Your "you're confused" by the question is right. Not that it was mindboggling in a sense that I just didnt have the capacity to understand the question, but more about it not making any sense anyway. 

The only hypothetical variable being "Geno becomes Free Agent in 2015 instead of 2016" doesn't make any sense to you?  Lol.

It wasnt hard. Geno's a Jet. 

Clearly it's harder than you think, given your reply.  Because "Geno becomes free agent in 2015 instead of 2016" is about as simplistic and easy a hypothetical as one could put forth for discussion.

All this sturm un drang because you (clearly) don't want to admit than no one would have signed Geno to start for them.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

And yet Darwin is always in the mix with the same redundant response, yet finds his way every time in the mix talking about a subject he claims needs to be dismissed. 

Wrong, as usual.

I'm not talking about the subject, I talking about poorly constructed arguments. You make more of them, about this subject, than anyone else... which is why you're butthurt and pretending to give me the silent treatment.

As for my role in the recurring theme here... cause and effect. If you guys continue to bring this up, and argue it poorly, I will continue to criticize and mock you. There's no value in actually arguing over Fitz and Geno at this point. Everyone who wants a position, has taken it. So really, there's nothing left to do but tweak the insecure ones. Is it good site content? No. Not at all, but none of this debate has been good site content, so ball busting in the context of the debate is on par with any of the goofball silver bullet magic articles you keep trying to re-up with.

Derp.

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The only hypothetical variable being "Geno becomes Free Agent in 2015 instead of 2016" doesn't make any sense to you?  Lol.

Clearly it's harder than you think, given your reply.  Because "Geno becomes free agent in 2015 instead of 2016" is about as simplistic and easy a hypothetical as one could put forth for discussion.

All this sturm un drang because you (clearly) don't want to admit than no one would have signed Geno to start for them.

Clearly your thoughts on my responds doesnt mean as much to me as it does to you. 

Geno's the quarterback, thats the actuality. 

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Clearly your thoughts on my responds doesnt mean as much to me as it does to you. 

lol, your arguments are almost 100% hypothetical... and then when Warfish hits you back with a similar hypothetical, you deflect by not entertaining it... 

How does it feel to be terrible at something you spend all day on?

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Aye, too true.  Nothing is more rare on JN than a changed mind.

So I assume that I wont be seeing you or Darwin participating in any Geno/Fitz threads in the future, in any capacity? Even just to say "This topic again"? 

The people who like to talk about it continue to talk about it, the people who allegedly dont like to talk about it always find ways to talk about "not liking to talk about the topic" inside the topic thread that they allegedly are tired of. 

I dont talk much about Ryan Fitzpatrick specifically, this is why Fitzpatrick's thread rarely shows a Villain comment. This is why I rarely if ever even open the thread. Im not interested in Ryan Fitzpatrick, so I dont comment on him solely. As for Geno Smith or Geno vs. Fitz, then thats a different story, something that myself and others love to discuss. But for the people who like talking solely about Fitz. There's no need for me to say "Damn, this thread really has 238 pages"? What does it matter to me if Im not interested right? I skip over the thread entirely. 

I say to all the people who think that arguing over this topic is a waste of time, dont even open the thread simply to mention how its a "waste of time" or any other comment you have. All you're doing is "participating" in the conversation. 

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So lets be clear, you're a big believer in hypothetical woulda/coulda/shoulda "advanced stats", but reject out of hand any argument based on hypotheticals you cannot answer without exposing the flaws in your own previously made arguments.

Fair enough.  Geno is the QB today.  You're quite right on that point.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So lets be clear, you're a big believer in hypothetical woulda/coulda/shoulda "advanced stats", but reject out of hand any argument based on hypotheticals you cannot answer without exposing the flaws in your own previously made arguments.

Fair enough.  Geno is the QB today.  You're quite right on that point.

Lets be clear. Dont tell me what im a big believer in, ask me first. 

What do you take me for? Im not like that on the first date. :-) 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

What do you talk me for? Im not like that on the first date. :-) 

I already told you the answer to the bold. You just don't listen, you're too busy overflowing with emo... and with this post, I sense more of it coming.

So I assume that I wont be seeing you or Darwin participating in any Geno/Fitz threads in the future, in any capacity? Even just to say "This topic again"? 

Why would you presume that?  I enjoy the conversation and exchange, regardless of if minds are changed.  

I say to all the people who think that arguing over this topic is a waste of time, dont even open the thread simply to mention how its a waste of time. All you're doing is "participating" in the conversation. 

While I appreciate you'd prefer to have carte blanche to wall of text posters without ever being questioned or having your arguments countered, that's simply not going to happen. 

So you can either choose to engage and defend them, or you can continue to use one-word replies and claims you "don't care" about views counter to or other than your own.  As you wish.

Just now, Warfish said:

Why would you presume that?  I enjoy the conversation and exchange, regardless of if minds are changed.  

While I appreciate you'd prefer to have carte blanche to wall of text posters without ever being questioned or having your arguments countered, that's simply not going to happen. 

So you can either choose to engage and defend them, or you can continue to use one-word replies and claims you "don't care" about views counter to or other than your own.  As you wish.

I've changed my mind. 

I dont want to talk to you.....though I enjoy the conversation and exchange. Wait a minute, NOT THIS TOPIC AGAIN. Um...hey, just imagine if Geno was a free agent this year, or maybe last year, but either way you  use the hypothetical you can only use actual situations...which only means that you cant use hypotheticals unless its me using hypotheticals. 

You can either choose 1, im sorry....eenie meenie miney mo, but generally speaking that means that you dont have an answer, but you answered. Obviously you dont understand, dont change your mind, though I need you to change your mind. As you wish Aladdin. Damnit Jafar! I hate the Sultan.

Im sorry, I was confused with what you wanted me to say. I actually didnt read your entire response, just got through the first sentence and wrote this sh*t. My bad, but I changed my mind....though later on next time yesterday. Whatever that means. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've changed my mind. 

I dont want to talk to you.....though I enjoy the conversation and exchange. Wait a minute, NOT THIS TOPIC AGAIN. Um...hey, just imagine if Geno was a free agent this year, or maybe last year, but either way you  use the hypothetical you can only use actual situations...which only means that you cant use hypotheticals unless its me using hypotheticals. 

You can either choose 1, im sorry....eenie meenie miney mo, but generally speaking that means that you dont have an answer, but you answered. Obviously you dont understand, dont change your mind, though I need you to change your mind. As you wish Aladdin. Damnit Jafar! I hate the Sultan.

Im sorry, I was confused with what you wanted me to say. I actually didnt read your entire response, just got through the first sentence and wrote this sh*t. My bad, but I changed my mind....though later on next time yesterday. Whatever that means. 

moreno-cryingRAZZ.gif

Every time Villain loses an argument... he acts like he ain't got time... even though, we've watched him dump months of his life into the biggest case of flailing around like a ninny anyone has ever seen.

The only thing he does worse than debate is give the impression that he's unaffected by losing it.

Poor guy.

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whats to ask, you (like me) write volumes as to what you believe, and those words stand on their own.

In this case, you have clearly said a few things:

-You've been critical of Fitz because "no one else signed him".

-You refuse to answer (I.e. "I don;t know") when asked if anyone else would have signed Geno had Geno been available.  For you, that hypothetical "doesn't make sense" despite being so simple. 

-You have been critical of Fitzpatrick via use of "advanced stats", which are rather clear-cut hypothetical of their own, what would have happened (but didn't), what could have happened (but didn't) and what should have happened (but didn't). 

Taken as a whole, this shows a rather clear-cut flaw in your position.  Criticism of Fitz for not being signed (with a starting offer on the table from the Jets) is invalid if, in an equal situation (the Geno available hypothetical), no one (including the Jets) would likely have signed Geno to start.  

Similarly,use of  hypothetical "advanced stats" to dismiss one QB's actual performance, while not using those same advanced stats (or worse, providing your own rather biased advanced stats) in analysis of your own player's already exceptionally poor actual performance, well, that's simply intellectually problematic.  

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've changed my mind. 

As I said earlier, a reply like this speaks louder than 100 of my own reply posts could.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

You just left out some negatives regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick. The difference is that people are more of a pessimistic mindset with Geno Smith regarding this topic but of an optimistic mindset with Ryan Fitzpatrick. You look at Fitz career and you'll see him making bad decisions with multiple teams he's played on. It may not be specific to Geno's issues but they're there just as much. Same guy who never won more than 6 games in his career until last year and has never been on a team that had earned a playoff spot yet some Jets fans are more optimistic that we can actually compete for our division with this years schedule when we couldnt even do that last year with the easiest schedule in the league last year. And yet that optimism is there. 

You have Geno, still on a rookie contract, having his share of problems, being under the tutelage of guys such as Rex Ryan and company who has never done anything remotely respectable with the QB position or any offensive player in general, yet many Jets fans cant see beyond that fact. 

No matter the situation with Geno Smith, this is my ultimate problem. Jets fans want the FO to cut guys, restructure guys, do whatever they can for Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick isnt even worth this step. Where would Ryan rank amongst the 32 starters in the league right now? 

Its simply to believe that overall Geno has more talent but Fitz is more efficient with his talents given his veteran experience and leadership, however, is Ryan Fitzpatrick worth all that movement AND to pay him almost 12 times the amount of money than what Geno is making this season? Hell f'ing no, especially when the contract already offered doesnt even want to secure him with starter money for the 2nd year because the Jets FO perfectly understands that he's a bridge. 

Nothing whether positive or negative about both QB's leads me to the conclusion that we should cut/restructure players and pay Fitzpatrick 12 time the amount of money that Geno would make this year just to get the results that he's had career wise...with this "greatest season" being a "close but no cigar" season with the easiest Jets schedule I've ever seen along with arguably the most talented group we've seen for atleast 20 years. 

Why is that not once ever and I mean ever that a person makes a post inditing that Geno is not the answer that the response is 'oh yeah!  but fitz...blah blah blah.  Fitzs strengths and weaknesses have little to do with Genos.  Other than the last game of the season Fitzpaticks lack of arm, physical talent and such was made up for by being smart, not taking sacks and not turning it over.

Right now the NY Jets have ZERO good QB's, ZERO.  One had a good season last year, another has physical tools but makes idiotic bad plays at the worst time, and two are long ways off development hope QBs.

The Jets will be a better team and have a better chance for success this year with Fitzpatrick, yes, an opinion like any other.  If Fitz wants too much and is not signed, fine but everyone, including bart scott better be ready to go back to the QB horror shows we have had for most of the last 6 or 7 years.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Why is that not once ever and I mean ever that a person makes a post inditing that Geno is not the answer that the response is 'oh yeah!  but fitz...blah blah blah.  Fitzs strengths and weaknesses have little to do with Genos.  Other than the last game of the season Fitzpaticks lack of arm, physical talent and such was made up for by being smart, not taking sacks and not turning it over.

Right now the NY Jets have ZERO good QB's, ZERO.  One had a good season last year, another has physical tools but makes idiotic bad plays at the worst time, and two are long ways off development hope QBs.

The Jets will be a better team and have a better chance for success this year with Fitzpatrick, yes, an opinion like any other.  If Fitz wants too much and is not signed, fine but everyone, including bart scott better be ready to go back to the QB horror shows we have had for most of the last 6 or 7 years.

Because when we talk about Geno not being the answer I am waiting for someone to tell me who's the answer. 

Either two things happen, #1. No answer is given or #2. I hear Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been an answer for any team. Not giving "the answer" means that you shouldnt question the current QB that you never seen with this current circumstance. 

Thats why. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bart Scott works in the media.

His job is to generate site traffic and views.

In other words, his job is to say the opposite of what most people believe and are in support of. Negative attention is the new social economy, without getting into taking sides, look at which political campaigns have done best this year. The ones with the most negative attention swarming around them.

I put ZERO stock in Bart Scott's soundbytes about Geno, because it's meant to get negative attention. He may believe some of it, but the reason it's published is because it flies in the face of popular opinion. This is not to assume popular opinion is right. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Because when we talk about Geno not being the answer I am waiting for someone to tell me who's the answer. 

Either two things happen, #1. No answer is given or #2. I hear Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ryan Fitzpatrick has never been an answer for any team. Not giving "the answer" means that you shouldnt question the current QB that you never seen with this current circumstance. 

Thats why. 

Eh, I'm calling extra-helping bullsh*t on this. 

You said Mike Glennon was the answer. You've mostly argued that Geno is a better option than Fitz, and therefore a rebuttal that Fitz is better than Geno is a given. If you wanted to open the aperture of the discussion wider, to make it about who is the "answer", then Geno's name would quickly fall by the wayside... and you'd be right back to your advocacy of Mike Glennon.

And the bold is just more false logic.

Archived