Robert Kraft hammers NFL after Tom Brady gives up on Deflategate suspension

Gen X Jet

Schadenfreude.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2016/07/15/robert-kraft-deflategate-tom-brady-roger-goodell/87143898/

Tom Brady has surrendered in his battle for a four-game Deflategate suspension to be vacated, butNew England Patriots owner Robert Kraft isn't finished speaking out against the NFL.

Saying the quarterback was "denied his right to a fair and impartial process," Kraft once again sharply criticized the league Friday for Brady's punishment and its handling of the Deflategate case as a whole.

"The penalty imposed by the NFL was unprecedented, unjust and unreasonable, especially given that no empirical or direct evidence of any kind showed Tom did anything to violate League rules prior to, during or after the 2015 AFC Championship Game," Kraft said in Friday's statement after Brady announced he would not pursue further legal action. "What Tom has had to endure throughout this 18-month ordeal has been, in my opinion, as far removed from due process as you could ever expect in this country."

In addition to Brady's four-game suspension, the Patriots were fined $1 million and docked first- and fourth-round picks. Kraft initially accepted the punishments against the team but later reversed course when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell first upheld Brady's suspension upon appeal.

The penalties were levied when the NFL's Wells Report ruled that it was "more probable than not" that Brady had general knowledge of a "scheme" to deflate footballs prior to the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Coltsfollowing the 2014 season. The Patriots won, 45-7, and later prevailed in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks.

Though the battle regarding Brady's suspension is over, the NFL Players Associationmight not be stepping down from its own legal showdown with Goodell. In a statement supporting Brady's decision Friday, the union said "we reserve our rights to reserve our rights to petition for cert to the Supreme Court."

For Kraft, a once-close ally of Goodell and the NFL, the saga has marked a sea change in his relations with the league.

"From day one, I have believed in Tom and given him my unwavering support in his pursuit to rightfully clear his name of any wrongdoing," Kraft said. "That support extends throughout our organization and has only grown more steadfast as the preponderance of scientific evidence has exonerated Tom. Unfortunately, this stopped being about air pressure a long time ago."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady is a LOT smarter than kraft, that old coot doesn't realize that if 'DUE PROCESS' was truly adhered to brady would be under oath and the ball boy dudes would be testifying under oath.  Once again the morons get off light and the grand scheme of things and still beef about it.

(As an aside I just got back from a conference in Nashville, what a nice place it is, really like their down town area.)

56 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Saying the quarterback was "denied his right to a fair and impartial process," Kraft once again sharply criticized the league Friday for Brady's punishment and its handling of the Deflategate case as a whole.

"The penalty imposed by the NFL was unprecedented, unjust and unreasonable, especially given that no empirical or direct evidence of any kind showed Tom did anything to violate League rules prior to, during or after the 2015 AFC Championship Game," Kraft said in Friday's statement after Brady announced he would not pursue further legal action. "What Tom has had to endure throughout this 18-month ordeal has been, in my opinion, as far removed from due process as you could ever expect in this country."

This quote will be a lot of fun during the next CBA negotiation.

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brady is a LOT smarter than kraft, that old coot doesn't realize that if 'DUE PROCESS' was truly adhered to brady would be under oath and the ball boy dudes would be testifying under oath.  Once again the morons get off light and the grand scheme of things and still beef about it.

(As an aside I just got back from a conference in Nashville, what a nice place it is, really like their down town area.)

Brady cheated and is paying the price.

As a sidenote I want to the race track today and didn't win any money.  (I just wanted to keep with the theme of blasting the Patriots and sharing random life thoughts lol).

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The last owner with this much shortsightedness with his ******* words was Gilbert. What an asshat. 

It's fun how he helped engineer a lockout in large part because he wanted his assclown commissioner to serve as prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner and now he's screaming about "due process." Good times.

The NFL Players Association'might not be stepping down from its own legal showdown with Goodell. In a statement supporting Brady's decision Friday, the union said "we reserve our rights to reserve our rights to petition for cert to the Supreme Court."

With Goodwill now given FULL CONTROL as validated by the current CBA, The NFLPA is now hung by it's own balls until Early February 2021. That is why they are still contemplating a move to SCOTUS. This is going to make one hell of a negotiations conflict!

But that's five years from now...

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Schadenfreude.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2016/07/15/robert-kraft-deflategate-tom-brady-roger-goodell/87143898/

Tom Brady has surrendered in his battle for a four-game Deflategate suspension to be vacated, butNew England Patriots owner Robert Kraft isn't finished speaking out against the NFL.

In addition to Brady's four-game suspension, the Patriots were fined $1 million and docked first- and fourth-round picks. Kraft initially accepted the punishments against the team but later reversed course when NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell first upheld Brady's suspension upon appeal.

The penalties were levied when the NFL's Wells Report ruled that it was "more probable than not" that Brady had general knowledge of a "scheme" to deflate footballs prior to the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Coltsfollowing the 2014 season. The Patriots won, 45-7, and later prevailed in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks.

Though the battle regarding Brady's suspension is over, the NFL Players Associationmight not be stepping down from its own legal showdown with Goodell. In a statement supporting Brady's decision Friday, the union said "we reserve our rights to reserve our rights to petition for cert to the Supreme Court."

For Kraft, a once-close ally of Goodell and the NFL, the saga has marked a sea change in his relations with the league.

"From day one, I have believed in Tom and given him my unwavering support in his pursuit to rightfully clear his name of any wrongdoing," Kraft said. "That support extends throughout our organization and has only grown more steadfast as the preponderance of scientific evidence has exonerated Tom. Unfortunately, this stopped being about air pressure a long time ago."

How about you take it to the fvcking Supreme Court then? Fvcking moron n a cheating bastard. 

This is all a smoke screen.

Kraft and Goodell are still buddys and probably have conspired to keep this garbage alive in the news in order to deflect attention from Brady's off the books earnings that circumvent the salary cap. 

I'm sure Kraft is going to pay poor Tom's lost salary.

12 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Schadenfreude.

Hey Bob.... your team cheats.  Everyone on planet Earth knows it except for you and your brain-dead sheep of a fan base.  GFY and your gold-digging tramp you started banging before your deceased beloved wife's body was even cold.  Kraft is a despicable human being.  Him, Belichick and Brady.  Liars.  Cheaters. Cry babies.  An embarrassment to honest professional athletes everywhere.

8 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It's fun how he helped engineer a lockout in large part because he wanted his assclown commissioner to serve as prosecutor, judge, jury, and executioner and now he's screaming about "due process." Good times.

Cersei creating the High Sparrow.

oh, and wouldn't 2 appeals count as due process ?

oh, and why did the "deflator" want free sneakers from tom before the AFC champ game ?

oh, and why didn't the colts balls lose air pressure from the time they left the officials room to halftime ?

Hey Bob.... your team cheats.  Everyone on planet Earth knows it except for you and your brain-dead sheep of a fan base.  GFY and your gold-digging tramp you started banging before your deceased beloved wife's body was even cold.  Kraft is a despicable human being.  Him, Belichick and Brady.  Liars.  Cheaters. Cry babies.  An embarrassment to honest professional athletes everywhere.

Gotta love the whiny, jealous and envious Jets fans.

How many rings does Woody have?

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Gotta love the whiny, jealous and envious Jets fans.

How many rings does Woody have?

The same number of untainted rings that Kraft has. 

Funny how quick you run to a jet board to defend the honor of your team by attacking your old team. 

Youre a model fan to be admired.  

Whenever I hear Kraft making one of his many statements defending his team, players, coaches, staff or himself from yet another cheating scandal I can't stop laughing given his accusations early on that the Jets just think the rules of the NFL don't apply to them.  That's priceless

Now STFU and take your punishment 

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

This is all a smoke screen.

Kraft and Goodell are still buddys and probably have conspired to keep this garbage alive in the news in order to deflect attention from Brady's off the books earnings that circumvent the salary cap. 

I'm sure Kraft is going to pay poor Tom's lost salary.

Last year, they converted almost all of Brady's salary into bonus money. So he already has been paid. I think he loses something like $500K in salary for this suspension. Chump change for Mr. Bundchen. 

24 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Obviously it bothers you.

of course it does.  He's made that obvious time and time again.  And everything I wrote about Kraft is true and he knows it.  No way to defend it other than his usual resort to the trite "how many rings does your team have?", which of course has nothing at all to do with the tainted titles his team won by cheating.  There is no denying that both Brady and Kraft are cry babies, whiners, with Brady acting like a spoiled little entitled brat and Kraft talking out of both sides of his mouth.  Belichick is just a liar and a cheat.

Really, a franchise with a corrupt cast of characters such as this, who can blame TX for venting his frustration?

Last year, they converted almost all of Brady's salary into bonus money. So he already has been paid. I think he loses something like $500K in salary for this suspension. Chump change for Mr. Bundchen. 

Brady's salary for the upcoming season is $1MM.

He will lose $250,000 for the 4 games.

19 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Brady's salary for the upcoming season is $1MM.

He will lose $250,000 for the 4 games.

Technically he will lose more than that.

When he struggles upon his return the bandwagon fans will all turn on him. Bandwagon fans don't want to hear about pulled hammys.

Archived