Criminal Minds Mafia Game Thread

3 minutes ago, D P R said:

I see we're off to the usual start. Easy fix though - just flip a coin to decide whether Ape can be an SK or no. That way he can still weave his amazing WIFOM and everybody is happy. 

As long as it isn't one of your filthy three headed pirate coins.  But pretty sure that set up had that formula.  Personally little wary of 80 for the set up talk and running with it.  

4 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

You think he's more upset about not being a source of entertainment than his play getting shut down?

I would think it's the other way around 

It's both, IMO.  These days, Ape assumes every game is going to suck, especially if he's not giving maximum effort or playing in it.  So this was him thinking he'd do something crazy right off the bat to ensure it would be entertaining. 

7 minutes ago, D P R said:

I see we're off to the usual start. Easy fix though - just flip a coin to decide whether Ape can be an SK or no. That way he can still weave his amazing WIFOM and everybody is happy. 

DOING IT 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

As long as it isn't one of your filthy three headed pirate coins.  But pretty sure that set up had that formula.  Personally little wary of 80 for the set up talk and running with it.  

Pretty sure Hallia originally had mentioned somewhere that this game would be a C9++ game, whether it was the signup thread or the original post of this thread.  Couple that with Ape's claim and yes, I decided to run with it. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty sure Hallia originally had mentioned somewhere that this game would be a C9++ game, whether it was the signup thread or the original post of this thread.  Couple that with Ape's claim and yes, I decided to run with it. 

Pretty sure she did too. Yes you did.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's both, IMO.  These days, Ape assumes every game is going to suck, especially if he's not giving maximum effort or playing in it.  So this was him thinking he'd do something crazy right off the bat to ensure it would be entertaining. 

Ok.

And the entertainment factor is townie for Ape?

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Since I'm a supporter of chaos, and we never let SK's live, I say we let the Ape live for a little while.  Could be fun if he's telling the truth.  It'll help support Leelou's bloodlust too.

That actually is a bit less now a days. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Andrej The Giant said:

Ok.

And the entertainment factor is townie for Ape?

I think so.  Don't think he'd go this rogue on a scum team.  The moment you claim SK or even Vig in these games, your days are numbered.  It was a kamikaze play by an Ape pilot. 

35 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Kill the pirate and I will pet you in your special spot. 

Done. LOL

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think Ape was just trying to add entertainment value to the game, which means he's likely town.  Thing is, I'm not sure why he's this upset.  The game was still going to be entertaining even if he didn't make that play.  Ape adds entertainment but he isn't the only source of entertainment....

I was upset, because if you remember a couple games ago when Leelou modded, it felt like everything I tried to do, she screwed me as mod.

I was trying to do something ballsy, that's all. I've been trying to work on some meta tweaks for myself, and I was psyched about this play because it was way more Hess like, than Ape like. I just got gash hurt because Hallia popped my cherry.

I'm keep playing. I'm just dramatic sometimes.

Anyway... so yeah.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Done. LOL

I was upset, because if you remember a couple games ago when Leelou modded, it felt like everything I tried to do, she screwed me as mod.

I was trying to do something ballsy, that's all. I've been trying to work on some meta tweaks for myself, and I was psyched about this play because it was way more Hess like, than Ape like. I just got gash hurt because Hallia popped my cherry.

I'm keep playing. I'm just dramatic sometimes.

Anyway... so yeah.

Just can't be too hard on the mods, is all.  They're not intentionally trying to piss you off.  It just happens in games because its hard to know the right decisions sometimes as a mod. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just can't be too hard on the mods, is all.  They're not intentionally trying to piss you off.  It just happens in games because its hard to know the right decisions sometimes as a mod. 

I know, and everyone has their own style.

I'm more of a GFY PAFO mod, because I've thought through everything with my setup, so any variable I didn't explain, probably shouldn't be... but that's because I'm a super duper type A.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hallia said:

Apologies all!

I erased it from the rules - I should've been more clear.  This is not a C9++ game.  With Nyn not co-modding I wasn't comfortable using it.  This is a game of my design.

:huh: ah...