Report: Fitzpatrick puts House up for Rent

JetNation

Ryan Fitzpatrick

By Glenn Naughton

With training camp just around the corner and quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets still embroiled in a lengthy contract dispute, Daryl Slater of NJ.com is reporting that the quarterback’s home is now up for rent.

This could be interpreted one of two ways.

1. Fitzpatrick isn’t optimistic that a deal will be struck and is preparing to move on, or:
  2. Fitzpatrick knows that a large pay-day  with some stability is just around the corner and he’s looking to upgrade his sizable family to a bigger place than what they settled for when he showed up last season with a much smaller contract.

Players are scheduled to report on July 27th and the team recently freed up cap room by coming to terms with defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson, a move that could have set the wheels in motion to getting a deal done with Fitzpatrick before camp kicks off on the 28th.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
gwOgS3dZ-Rs

Click here to read the full story...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not sure, but I bet if he owns it and renting it out, he's asking way above market value!

I think he rents it and the lease is up. Either they just want to get a different place or they're moving out of the area. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I think he rents it and the lease is up. Either they just want to get a different place or they're moving out of the area. 

Movin.jpg

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

That would be nice. But I'm thinking no deal. 

Five kids...going from back-up money to starter money = time for an upgrade.

If not, trade for a vet or let Geno, Hack and Petty battle it out in camp.

May the best man win.

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I think that's it.

Maybe he didn't like the house and wanted to move when the lease was up anyway.

A lot of very nice areas within a half hour of Florham Park.

Maybe he'll move in next to SAR.

Just now, Flushing Roots said:

I think that's it.

Maybe he didn't like the house and wanted to move when the lease was up anyway.

A lot of very nice areas within a half hour of Florham Park.

Maybe he'll move in next to SAR.

Not sure he can afford that unless he gets Brees money :)

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Five kids...going from back-up money to starter money = time for an upgrade.

If not, trade for a vet or let Geno, Hack and Petty battle it out in camp.

May the best man win.

We have a legit chance to make the playoffs this year. But not with those Qbs. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

We have a legit chance to make the playoffs this year. But not with those Qbs. 

That's why my first choice would be "deal for a vet".  

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's why my first choice would be "deal for a vet".  

The best available Qb on the market is Fitz. I personally like getting a vet Qb over developing a young Qb. You know guys like Matt Hasselbeck (who is retired).  Probably the best guy available is Jimmy Clausen. I'd go with Geno over him. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The best available Qb on the market is Fitz. I personally like getting a vet Qb over developing a young Qb. You know guys like Matt Hasselbeck (who is retired).  Probably the best guy available is Jimmy Clausen. I'd go with Geno over him. 

I meant trade.  McCown, Glennon, etc...

I don't see him getting any more money because of the cap space and there are a couple more players yet to be signed yet. I don't understand any way around it. Maybe someone could explain it to me. I don't really like the hold out, especially holding out this long. Fitz fans, do you really think he's worth 14-16 million? I mean what did he make last year, 3 million. Is a 33 yr. old journeyman QB worth that kind of money. 12 million gives him 4 times what he made last year. That's a pretty generous offer. Can he repeat. After he had a good year in Buffalo he got a big contract and tanked. Maybe the Jets FO and Mac is smarter than some give them credit. He's moving to Florida. Taxes are cheaper.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

I meant trade.  McCown, Glennon, etc...

McCown would be good but is he available. He might end up starting for the Browns. A lot of guys don't like RG3. I saw today Santana Moss basically saying his favorite Qb with the Redskins was Brunell. He listed RG3 as his 5th favorite Qb out of 5. Glennon would take take more compensation to get and TB needs a backup. Another reason why it makes no sense not to sign Fitz. 

2 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I don't see him getting any more money because of the cap space and there are a couple more players yet to be signed yet. I don't understand any way around it. Maybe someone could explain it to me. I don't really like the hold out, especially holding out this long. Fitz fans, do you really think he's worth 14-16 million? I mean what did he make last year, 3 million. Is a 33 yr. old journeyman QB worth that kind of money. 12 million gives him 4 times what he made last year. That's a pretty generous offer. Can he repeat. After he had a good year in Buffalo he got a big contract and tanked. Maybe the Jets FO and Mac is smarter than some give them credit. He's moving to Florida. Taxes are cheaper.

Look he's asked for one year at 12. Not 14 or 16. And he'd probably take less at this stage. 

Look he's asked for one year at 12. Not 14 or 16. And he'd probably take less at this stage. 

12 mil has been on the table. At least that's what's been published. He should already be there. He apparently doesn't bleed Jet green. Bleeds $$$ green.

9 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

12 mil has been on the table. At least that's what's been published. He should already be there. He apparently doesn't bleed Jet green. Bleeds $$$ green.

Not really. The 12 is year one. He has to also sign for 2 more years at 6 each. He counter offered for one year only at 12. The Jets said no. And that's where we're at 6 months later. 

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

McCown would be good but is he available. He might end up starting for the Browns. A lot of guys don't like RG3. I saw today Santana Moss basically saying his favorite Qb with the Redskins was Brunell. He listed RG3 as his 5th favorite Qb out of 5. Glennon would take take more compensation to get and TB needs a backup. Another reason why it makes no sense not to sign Fitz. 

I think McCown or Austin Davis will be available.  Davis could be released.  He'd be worth a look if all the Jets have is Geno, Petty, Hack.

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I think McCown or Austin Davis will be available.  Davis could be released.  He'd be worth a look if all the Jets have is Geno, Petty, Hack.

If Geno is starting then Davis is better than nothing. McCown is kind of what they want. Because he's signed for two more seasons at $5 mil each. Then Mac gets his insurance policy for Hack which is what this is all about. But why would Cleveland trade him. Unless RG3 lights it up this summer. McCown to me would be the best guy after Fitz. 

If Geno is starting then Davis is better than nothing. McCown is kind of what they want. Because he's signed for two more seasons at $5 mil each. Then Mac gets his insurance policy for Hack which is what this is all about. But why would Cleveland trade him. Unless RG3 lights it up this summer. McCoen to me would be the best guy after Fitz. 

McCown would be my first choice of the vets who would fit what the Jets are looking for.  Davis provides an upgrade from Geno or better backup than Hack/Petty if Gailey can make Geno a viable option.

49 minutes ago, AFJF said:

McCown would be my first choice of the vets who would fit what the Jets are looking for.  Davis provides an upgrade from Geno or better backup than Hack/Petty if Gailey can make Geno a viable option.

If they don't get a deal with Fitz and let him walk the obvious question Jets fans will ask is: why are you signing someone inferior to the guy we had last season. 

Archived