Report: Fitzpatrick puts House up for Rent

JetNation

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz without a doubt.

No chance of getting burnt by a long play.

First of all Fitz has an average arm he's not a rag arm. He can make the throws. And he threw 31 Td passes last year. Secondly long passes are over rated. They aren't that successful. You can win big without the long ball. The perfect example is your team. Third: I don't believe you.?

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something tells me it is the latter and he will be signed. But you also have to consider the fact he hasn't been answering Marshalls texts... that's' evidence for the opposing side that he may be leaving but that's not my gut feeling.

Something tells me he isn't answering Marshalls Texts because there is a deal about to get done (unfortunatly), and he, and the Jets want no leaks so Fitz just going silent till deal is official.

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Something tells me he isn't answering Marshalls Texts because there is a deal about to get done (unfortunatly), and he, and the Jets want no leaks so Fitz just going silent till deal is official.

That makes the most sense.

If he doesn't sign with the Jets, then it's the couch all day, babysitting the five kids.

Not sure he's ready to hang it up yet.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Though I would hate for it to happen I have to agree with you. 

People are flipping out about him not returning Marshalls texts, but Osweiler did the same thing when in negotiations because his agent told him to end all contact with the team until he gets him his deal. 

The fact that Fitz is really not returning his texts could very well point to the fact that his agent had him go dark while he gets a deal done. Marshall's been in the league for a decade, he knows the deal. 

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

First of all Fitz has an average arm he's not a rag arm. He can make the throws. And he threw 31 Td passes last year. Secondly long passes are over rated. They aren't that successful. You can win big without the long ball. The perfect example is your team. Third: I don't believe you.?

Tell that to every successful QB in the league.

Shockingly, they all can and do perform successful deep passes on the regular.

9 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Also, league average? No shot. You cannot name 5 quarterbacks with less arm strength in the NFL.

11 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

McCown would be good but is he available. He might end up starting for the Browns. A lot of guys don't like RG3. I saw today Santana Moss basically saying his favorite Qb with the Redskins was Brunell. He listed RG3 as his 5th favorite Qb out of 5. Glennon would take take more compensation to get and TB needs a backup. Another reason why it makes no sense not to sign Fitz. 

I dont think any Jets fan has a problem resigning Fitz, I surely dont. The problem is paying Fitz 12 million AND guaranteeing him the starting position. 

That's f'ing ridiculous. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont think any Jets fan has a problem resigning Fitz, I surely dont. The problem is paying Fitz 12 million AND guaranteeing him the starting position. 

That's f'ing ridiculous. 

Rumor has it the new house renter is MG..;)

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's f'ing ridiculous. 

They guaranteed him the starting position. That is not even an issue. There isn't a Qb competition on the Jets. Geno is the backup unless they don't sign Fitz. Fitz won the job last season. And had a good year. As for the 12 mil it's negotiable I'm sure even though it's below standard for a starting NFL Qb even a lower tier one. The only guys making less are still on rookie deals. The issue still is years 2 and 3. They want him to sign a backup contract for those two years and that's the point of contention. Why not just offer him a one year deal for less money and see if he signs it. 

It is utterly amazing how many keystrokes and how much ink has been wasted on the
Demario Davis of QB's.  And no matter how the media or fans want to spin it that's
what Fitzpatrick is, an average player who can kick around the league but is nothing
special

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Though I would hate for it to happen I have to agree with you. 

People are flipping out about him not returning Marshalls texts, but Osweiler did the same thing when in negotiations because his agent told him to end all contact with the team until he gets him his deal. 

The fact that Fitz is really not returning his texts could very well point to the fact that his agent had him go dark while he gets a deal done. Marshall's been in the league for a decade, he knows the deal. 

Well, Osweiler ended communication with the Broncos while completing a deal with the Texans, so there's that. 

You would think Fitz isn't signing with another team at this time (unless Denver and that deal could be off the table) because no starting jobs available. He has to play in 2016 to get a good contract for 2017 and 2018. Whether with the Jets or another team. A good reason why if he does not sign Mac's 3 year deal he would take less money on a one year deal but with a team who needs a starter. Signing a backup deal isn't going to help him for 2017. If the Jets did sign him for the one year then we would be in a position to bid for Tyrod Taylor who will be a UFA in 2017. Here's a guy completely underpaid. In that case they would go on from Hack but it will cost them a lot of money. When a player is under contract (even greatly underpaid) teams do not rip the deal up and compensate them. You are stuck with that contract like Fitz was after signing his 2/7 deal with the Texans and then starting 28 games. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

They guaranteed him the starting position. That is not even an issue. There isn't a Qb competition on the Jets. Geno is the backup unless they don't sign Fitz. Fitz won the job last season. And had a good year. As for the 12 mil it's negotiable I'm sure even though it's below standard for a starting NFL Qb even a lower tier one. The only guys making less are still on rookie deals. The issue still is years 2 and 3. They want him to sign a backup contract for those two years and that's the point of contention. Why not just offer him a one year deal for less money and see if he signs it. 

Fitz didn't win the job, he went in due to injury and held on to the job until he was left in free agency. He didn't beat out anyone. He's never beaten out anyone. He always received the starting role due to injury and was soon after released, traded or left in free agency. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

It is utterly amazing how many keystrokes and how much ink has been wasted on the
Demario Davis of QB's.  And no matter how the media or fans want to spin it that's
what Fitzpatrick is, an average player who can kick around the league but is nothing
special

It reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy "Ritz Cracker" bit.  If somebody locked you in a cage and didn't feed you for weeks, then gave you a regular Ritz cracker, you'd refuse to believe it was "just a regular Ritz".

Jets fans have been starving for competent QB play for so long, that Ryan Fitzpatrick, an undeniably physically limited journeyman QB, is worth arguing over.  Largely because being 29th in the NFL on offense wasn't much fun.

2 hours ago, KRL said:

special

Bingo, I haven't seen this much press and coverage over an average QB since Tebow. But contrary to Fitz at least Tebow had a playoff win on his resume.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

It reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy "Ritz Cracker" bit.  If somebody locked you in a cage and didn't feed you for weeks, then gave you a regular Ritz cracker, you'd refuse to believe it was "just a regular Ritz".

Jets fans have been starving for competent QB play for so long, that Ryan Fitzpatrick, an undeniably physically limited journeyman QB, is worth arguing over.  Largely because being 29th in the NFL on offense wasn't much fun.

Arguing over you have so much manlove for Fitzpatrick its sickening the guy is a mediocre QB who has never won a damn thing in his entire career yet you continually debate facts over his greatness. Are you Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Arguing over you have so much manlove for Fitzpatrick its sickening the guy is a mediocre QB who has never won a damn thing in his entire career yet you continually debate facts over his greatness. Are you Ryan Fitzpatrick?

Show me the post where I said Ryan Fitzpatrick is great.  Or are you in such a blind rage over his imminent return that you've resorted not only to Pats highlights, but lying about what others have said?

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Show me the post where I said Ryan Fitzpatrick is great.  Or are you in such a blind rage over his imminent return that you've resorted not only to Pats highlights, but lying about what others have said?

Show me where I ever said I was a Patriots fan first.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Show me where I ever said I was a Patriots fan first.

When you post Patriots highlights on a Jets board in an effort to trash the Jets starting QB who just set the team record 31 TD passes, no words are required.  As they say, actions speak louder than words.

Kind of how the Jets are saying they're excited about Geno, but they're offering Fitz 7x's the salary and handing him the starting job.

Archived