Report: Fitzpatrick puts House up for Rent

JetNation

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, AFJF said:

When you post Patriots highlights on a Jets board in an effort to trash the Jets starting QB who just set the team record 31 TD passes, no words are required.  As they say, actions speak louder than words.

Kind of how the Jets are saying they're excited about Geno, but they're offering Fitz 7x's the salary and handing him the starting job.

So you got nothing but your ego to support this claim hows that all working out for you. I rest my case.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz didn't win the job, he went in due to injury and held on to the job until he was left in free agency. He didn't beat out anyone. He's never beaten out anyone. He always received the starting role due to injury and was soon after released, traded or left in free agency. 

Not true, Villain. He was named starter (before the season) with 3 different teams. Buff, Houston and the 2016 Jets. Last year Geno was never named the starter. As returning starting Qb he was as is protocol number one on the depth chart but that's not being named the starter. There was supposed to be a Qb competition in camp until Geno was punched out by a teammate. Bowles then started Fitz and named him season long starter after the Colts game when the Jets were 2-0. Geno returned and he could have given him the starters job anytime. And Fitz was named starter for 2016 and the job is still his if he signs. 

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you got nothing but your ego to support this claim hows that all working out for you. I rest my case.

LOL...you should've rested your case right before you jumped on the Patriot bandwagon.

And just so we're clear, you were lying when you said I claimed Fitz was great, correct?

13 minutes ago, AFJF said:

LOL...you should've rested your case right before you jumped on the Patriot bandwagon.

And just so we're clear, you were lying when you said I claimed Fitz was great, correct?

Lies would be you lieing about me being a Patriots fan been a fan long before you I watched the 1969 Super Bowl long family history of Jets and Titans fans.

Just so we're clear please find someone else to troll im way too hard for you.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Lies would be you lieing about me being a Patriots fan been a fan long before you I watched the 1969 Super Bowl long family history of Jets and Titans fans.

Just so we're clear please find someone else to troll im way too hard for you.

42 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Not true, Villain. He was named starter (before the season) with 3 different teams. Buff, Houston and the 2016 Jets. Last year Geno was never named the starter. As returning starting Qb he was as is protocol number one on the depth chart but that's not being named the starter. There was supposed to be a Qb competition in camp until Geno was punched out by a teammate. Bowles then started Fitz and named him season long starter after the Colts game when the Jets were 2-0. Geno returned and he could have given him the starters job anytime. And Fitz was named starter for 2016 and the job is still his if he signs. 

He got the Buff job due to injury, He was given the job in Houston then lost it two months later to Ryan Mallet (if im correct) before Mallet got hurt and the job was given again to Fitz in which at the end of that season Houston traded him to the Jets. 

Let it go. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He got the Buff job due to injury, He was given the job in Houston then lost it two months later to Ryan Mallet (if im correct) before Mallet got hurt and the job was given again to Fitz in which at the end of that season Houston traded him to the Jets. 

Let it go. 

Not true about Buff. He won that starting job and got that contract. He started his last 2 seasons there and not by injury. He actually started 55 games for the Bills. In Houston he wasn't given the job he won it. He played well there esp after Mallett was injured. 

26 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Did you watch the second buffalo game last year?

Yeah, the team didn't play their A game after 5 straight Ws and we were still in the game until 15 seconds left. And on the road. Most NFL HCs will take that because they know it's hard to win 6 straight. They were in a position to win that game until the end. That's what you ask your Qb to do. Keep you in the game esp when the entire team was flat. It was a steal able game. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, the team didn't play their A game after 5 straight Ws and we were still in the game until 15 seconds left. And on the road. Most NFL HCs will take that because they know it's hard to win 6 straight. They were in a position to win that game until the end. That's what you ask your Qb to do. Keep you in the game esp when the entire them was flat. It was a steal able game. 

If he won that game I would pay him anything he liked. But he has never made it to the playoffs. Ever!!!  I understand its a team game.  But cant get past that fact.  Understand the guy made last year a tremendous season and i enjoyed it intensely.  I just cant convince myself he will ever get a team to the playoffs or he has any better play in him that we saw last year.  If he come back I truly hope Im wrong. I do.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, the team didn't play their A game after 5 straight Ws and we were still in the game until 15 seconds left. And on the road. Most NFL HCs will take that because they know it's hard to win 6 straight. They were in a position to win that game until the end. That's what you ask your Qb to do. Keep you in the game esp when the entire them was flat. It was a steal able game. 

They would have won that game if Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't throw a back breaking 4th quarter INT in field goal range. It's a shame the team wasn't good enough to carry poor fitzy, I guess buffalo was just too hard for him

3 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fitz didn't win the job, he went in due to injury and held on to the job until he was left in free agency. He didn't beat out anyone. He's never beaten out anyone. He always received the starting role due to injury and was soon after released, traded or left in free agency. 

I know the other Smith Fans love this post, but it is truly awful.  Fitzpatrick may not have "won" the job going into last year in the sense you mean.  But he surely did going into this off season by putting up numbers and results last season far better than anything Smith ever came close to achieving.  This beating out notion does not require that it occur in camp.  If you think it does then the term has no usefulness in the current discussion.  There is no Qb competition on the Jets, and if Fitz is signed there will not be. Why?  Because he's earned another year as the starter based on his performance last year.

Now of course any vet starter can lose their job over the course of an off season, by getting hurt, having a drop in performance significant enough, and/or being bumped by a superior newcomer.  But AS TO THE VET STARTER if he retains the job we don't say he "beat out" some alternative.

Just now, Big Blocker said:

I know the other Smith Fans love this post, but it is truly awful.  Fitzpatrick may not have "won" the job going into last year in the sense you mean.  But he surely did going into this off season by putting up numbers and results far better than anything Smith ever came close to achieving.  This beating out notion does not require that it occur in camp.  If you think it does then the term has no usefulness in the current discussion.  There is no Qb competition on the Jets, and if Fitz is signed there will not be. Why?  Because he's earned another year as the starter based on his performance last year.

Now of course any vet starter can lose their job over the course of an off season, by getting hurt, having a drop in performance significant enough, and/or being bumped by a superior newcomer.  But AS TO THE VET STARTER if he retains the job we don't say he "beat out" some alternative.

Geno beat Fitz at playing catch in shorts.  Fitz beat Geno at playing quarterback on Sundays...14 weeks in a row.

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Geno beat Fitz at playing catch in shorts.  Fitz beat Geno at playing quarterback on Sundays...14 weeks in a row.

Fitz beat Geno at not being punched by teammates.

Geno beat Fitz by not severely overplaying your hand at contract negotiations.

Just now, Maxman said:

He doesn't own it. Rents for about 10,000 per month.

I know...just figured I'd make the "asking for too much" joke before somebody else.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Fitz beat Geno at not being punched by teammates.

Geno beat Fitz by not severely overplaying your hand at contract negotiations.

Good job by Fitz, turned out that was the most important competition of the season.

I'm not gonna' lie and say I'm not intrigued to see how many teams offer Geno $20 mil per season when he hits FA.  Slightly above average starting QB salary should be just about right since he posted the most impressive 8-win season in NFL history as a rookie.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Why do Smith Fans think that cherry picking a loss by the whole team after winning five straight is a compelling argument?

Probably the same reason why fitz lovers think winning 5 games with a talented roster against the softest teams in the league is some sort of accomplishment 

46 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Yeah, the team didn't play their A game after 5 straight Ws and we were still in the game until 15 seconds left. And on the road. Most NFL HCs will take that because they know it's hard to win 6 straight. They were in a position to win that game until the end. That's what you ask your Qb to do. Keep you in the game esp when the entire team was flat. It was a steal able game. 

Dude, you are delusional. You ask your QB to put the team on his shoulders and lead them to victory. The failure was on HIM, and him alone at the end of the game. The defense held up and got the offense the ball back after Fitz's 2nd INT with a 3-and out. Just as a painful reminder, there were 3 drives in a row, 3 interceptions in a row. End of season, end of playoff hopes. 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

This here^^^^^^^...All that matters. 

Everything else was fluff. Thanks for agreeing that Fitz didnt win the job since that's what the heck I said. 

Just like a Smith Fan, with a misleading quote.  Your cherry picking fools no one except perhaps yourself.  My point was your use of the term beat out is useless in the current discussion.  Fitz DID win the starting job already.  That is the main point.  Your focus on some off season competition is ridiculous.

10 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Probably the same reason why fitz lovers think winning 5 games with a talented roster against the softest teams in the league is some sort of accomplishment 

People who know the game know that winning five in  row in the NFL is an accomplishment.  What do you think it means?  Nothing?

I can guarantee that if SMITH was the Qb for those games, you would be here saying it means a great deal.

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

People who know the game know that winning five in  row in the NFL is an accomplishment.  What do you think it means?  Nothing?

I can guarantee that if SMITH was the Qb for those games, you would be here saying it means a great deal.

Actually no, I don't make up agenda driven excuses for players, that would be yourself. And you're doing a great job with it too

17 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz, without a doubt.

No chance of getting burnt by a long play.

Actually, Fitz completed just under 44  percent of passes 20+ yards in his combined previous seasons with the Texans and Titans, good for 3rd BEST in the NFL, but you probably didn't want people to know that.

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Bingo, I haven't seen this much press and coverage over an average QB since Tebow. But contrary to Fitz at least Tebow had a playoff win on his resume.

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha .... Calling Tebow competent .... Thanks for that laugh!

If not for Fitz we're not in that situation. No playoffs or even close to it. Week 17 is a game you don't even watch. A Geno game like the previous 2 seasons that doesn't count for very much. Those were the kinds of games he won. Both seasons. 

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

Actually no, I don't make up agenda driven excuses for players, that would be yourself. And you're doing a great job with it too

So you just make up agenda driven criticisms, then, huh?  I gotta say, not so well, either.  Sorry I can't return the compliment.

Archived