Report: Fitzpatrick puts House up for Rent

JetNation

Anyone here live close to the house?  If so, go pretend to have interest in renting it.  There has to be some clue lying around on where Fitz is moving to.  Perhaps forwarding address paperwork, boxes with shipping labels to new place, or maybe even some Patriots gear.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, ljr said:

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha .... Calling Tebow competent .... Thanks for that laugh!

Actually, that's the point Tebow was the furthest thing from competent and even he won a playoff game. Fitz has played for 11 seasons and he has never even played in a playoff game yet the Jet fans are hysterical that he hasn't signed yet.

33 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If not for Fitz we're not in that situation. No playoffs or even close to it. Week 17 is a game you don't even watch. A Geno game like the previous 2 seasons that doesn't count for very much. Those were the kinds of games he won. Both seasons. 

So when Geno wins , its in games that don't count . When Fitz plays in games that count he doesn't win. We're screwed. 

34 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Anyone here live close to the house?  If so, go pretend to have interest in renting it.  There has to be some clue lying around on where Fitz is moving to.  Perhaps forwarding address paperwork, boxes with shipping labels to new place, or maybe even some Patriots gear.

Better idea call the realtor and schedule an appointment under the name Colin Kaepernick send this site and the media into a frenzy once the word gets out.

43 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

So you just make up agenda driven criticisms, then, huh?  I gotta say, not so well, either.  Sorry I can't return the compliment.

Probably because I don't worship football players the way you do Fitzpatrick, but whatever floats your boat buddy :lol:

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Actually, that's the point Tebow was the furthest thing from competent and even he won a playoff game. Fitz has played for 11 seasons and he has never even played in a playoff game yet the Jet fans are hysterical that he hasn't signed yet.

So if I'm hearing you right then - Tebow s*cked but was on a team good enough to carry him to the playoffs & even to a playoff win.

the Tebow reference made me laugh & spurred me to respond to your post about him ... So I'm not sure the point you are going for in your 2nd sentence, apologies if you'd referenced it earlier in discussions with others.

certainly 2015 was improved QB play from the 4 years before it & not wanting to fall back into that abyss is reasonable ... But I am in agreement that those pitching a fit because the deal hasn't been done yet are out of hand ... TC doesn't start for 8 more days 

54 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

So you just make up agenda driven criticisms, then, huh?  I gotta say, not so well, either.  Sorry I can't return the compliment.

You really shouldn't waste your time arguing with this cant wait putz, he's perhaps the dumbest poster on this site.  What's worse is he thinks he's a sharp tack, but he is coat tail rider as well, see how he posts when one of his esteemed favs is in a thread, he becomes meek very fast.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You really shouldn't waste your time arguing with this cant wait putz, he's perhaps the dumbest poster on this site.  What's worse is he thinks he's a sharp tack (LOL "sharp tack," really? What are you my grandfather?), but he is coat tail rider as well (can you translate this gibberish for me please?), see how he posts when one of his esteemed favs is in a thread (again more gibberish), he becomes meek very fast. (are you trying to challenge me for dumbest poster on this site, or is this just some kind of sarcastic joke? You can't be serious LOL :lol:)

Comments in red. Beerfish, I always thought you seemed like an informed and knowledgable poster going back to JI, but you've seriously become a bitter old whiny little b*tch as of late. It's sad really... I feel bad for you. I sincerely hope the jets bring your precious little fitzyboy back because another year of your pissing and moaning would be truly insufferable :lol:

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Good job by Fitz, turned out that was the most important competition of the season.

I'm not gonna' lie and say I'm not intrigued to see how many teams offer Geno $20 mil per season when he hits FA.  Slightly above average starting QB salary should be just about right since he posted the most impressive 8-win season in NFL history as a rookie.

I am not going to lie, Fitz doesn't want to take a deal that would pay him more than every other team offered him. So I am just going to root for Geno. And Fitz can go screw.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am not going to lie, Fitz doesn't want to take a deal that would pay him more than every other team offered him. So I am just going to root for Geno. And Fitz can go screw.

Maxman and that's why he's the boss here!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Maxman and that's why he's the boss here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey joewilly, I don't want to rain on your parade, and this is not about Fitzpatrick. But did you know that your hero (and namesake) threw 220 picks with only 173 Tds. And had a career completion percentage of 50.1. Just wanted to let you know about that.?

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Hey joewilly, I don't want to rain on your parade, and this is not about Fitzpatrick. But did you know that your hero (and namesake) threw 220 picks with only 173 Tds. And had a career completion percentage of 50.1. Just wanted to let you know about that.?

Yea but he won a Super Bowl................GO AWAY

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The list of Jets fans who prefer Geno over Fitz is much longer than I'd expect.

However, As long as Mac isn't on that list, and he keeps drafting/signing/trading for QB's, I'm happy.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

However, As long as Mac isn't on that list, and he keeps drafting/signing/trading for QB's, I'm happy.

It's very small. A few guys on this site who scream and yell a lot. They do data mining for negative stats on Fitz even these crazy almost statistics.  They don't represent the Jets fan base. Plus even on this site you have the silent majority. Hundreds of JN members who are too smart to get into this argument. 

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

It's actually not as long as you think.

very small list ... But particularly on this forum very vocal ... And with the Fitz deal not worked out yet they know this is their last chance to spew forth

2 minutes ago, faba said:

Actually most people I know as Jet fans personally can not stand Geno - that is why somewhat surprising the support he is getting here- leaving Fitz out of the equation

+ 999999999 million billion trillion

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

It's very small. A few guys on this site who scream and yell a lot. They do data mining for negative stats on Fitz even these crazy almost statistics.  They don't represent the Jets fan base. Plus even on this site you have the silent majority. Hundreds of JN members who are too smart to get into this argument. 

Didn't you just "data mine" (LOL) 40 year old stats joe namath in a desperate attempt to justify your obsessive man-love for precious ryan fitzpatrick? 

3 minutes ago, faba said:

Actually most people I know as Jet fans personally can not stand Geno - that is why somewhat surprising the support he is getting here- leaving Fitz out of the equation

You don't have to support geno to know that signing Fitzpatrick for $12M+ a year is an idiotic mistake 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Didn't you just "data mine" (LOL) 40 year old stats joe namath in a desperate attempt to justify your obsessive man-love for precious ryan fitzpatrick? 

I was joking with joewillie. No comparison to Fitz but if you ever did really watch Namath. He threw the ball too much and got picked off a lot. And it lost games for the team. I always thought he was overrated. 

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You really shouldn't waste your time arguing with this cant wait putz, he's perhaps the dumbest poster on this site.  What's worse is he thinks he's a sharp tack, but he is coat tail rider as well, see how he posts when one of his esteemed favs is in a thread, he becomes meek very fast.

Yes, the available evidence supports your view.

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

There's a certain segment of the fanbase that are Front Office Homers.  The situation you refer to includes not only those who do not know the game and think Smith is a good prospect to take over.  It also includes those pissed at Fitzpatrick because he's in a dispute with the FO.

But of course Fitzpatrick's dispute does not make Smith a better player.

It will work its way out one way or another.

8 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Don't like Geno or Fitz. GIve me Hack.

You've got a point. If they have so much confidence in Hack and feel he's going to be a franchise Qb then Mac can start him right now. A lot of Qbs start in their rookie years. GMs seem to like to have their guys as coaches and as Qbs. They commit themselves to these people. It's like they try to get a rep based on this. The coach they choose and the Qb they draft. They try to rebuild a franchise and put their own stamp on it. The thing is does this help the franchise to improve. Or is it just an ego trip on their part. 

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

And he played in an era where defenders were able to mug wr's and not get called for PI. He also played in an era where it was still legal to really hit a QB. Namath's stats would look a lot better playing in today's NFL.

8 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And he played in an era where defenders were able to mug wr's and not get called for PI. He also played in an era where it was still legal to really hit a QB. Namath's stats would look a lot better playing in today's NFL.

You're making a good point. I looked up some stats from that era: Staubach had 153-109, Stabler: 194-222, Griese: 192-172, Bradshaw: 212-210, Brodie: 214-224. So more picks back then than now. 

57 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

There's a certain segment of the fanbase that are Front Office Homers.  The situation you refer to includes not only those who do not know the game and think Smith is a good prospect to take over.  It also includes those pissed at Fitzpatrick because he's in a dispute with the FO.

But of course Fitzpatrick's dispute does not make Smith a better player.

It will work its way out one way or another.

This certain segment of the fanbase exists only in your mind.

There are many different reasons some fans are willing to go with Geno over Fitz this year. Many fans simply weren't seduced by Fitz, recognizing the ease of schedule, the weakness of defenses he faced, the advantage of having Marshall and Decker - and still only managing to equal Geno's comp% and ypa from 2014, when -as we've heard many times- he was the worst QB in the league. Others point to Geno's physical advantages. Or feel that the team is merely spinning its wheels with Fitzpatrick, who peaked last year and is likely to be exposed against stronger competition this year. 

For me, it's simple: I doubt Fitz is worth $10 more than Geno, let alone $8, 10, 15, 24M. This is where I become a "front office homer," because I agree with their stance that Fitz has value as a three year mentor, but not as a one year starter. 

Geno was benched in 2014, returned, and played reasonably well with a healthy Decker and Harvin to finish the year. I think he'll benefit from Gailey's coaching, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte, an improved defense, hopefully an improved special teams, and from his belated -but necessary- year on the bench to sit and learn. He'll make bone-headed plays, sure, but he'll also make bigger plays. He can stretch the field in ways Fitzpatrick just can't. He can make use of a Devin Smith.

I really, honestly, don't believe that there'd be much, if any, difference in the won-loss record with Geno over Fitz, but that with Geno at QB the games will be more exciting to watch (for better and worse). Is there a chance Geno could crap the bed? Of course there is! But I think he has a chance to be better than Fitz, too. And I can't imagine Fitzpatrick's pea-shooter winning playoff games on the road - should he inexplicably finally make the playoffs for the first time in his career. 

If Fitz signs the three year deal on the table, fine - even though I don't think he's worth it. But if the Jets cave and offer him his one year deal, I'll be very disappointed. #FOH

28 minutes ago, slats said:

This certain segment of the fanbase exists only in your mind.

There are many different reasons some fans are willing to go with Geno over Fitz this year. Many fans simply weren't seduced by Fitz, recognizing the ease of schedule, the weakness of defenses he faced, the advantage of having Marshall and Decker - and still only managing to equal Geno's comp% and ypa from 2014, when -as we've heard many times- he was the worst QB in the league. Others point to Geno's physical advantages. Or feel that the team is merely spinning its wheels with Fitzpatrick, who peaked last year and is likely to be exposed against stronger competition this year. 

For me, it's simple: I doubt Fitz is worth $10 more than Geno, let alone $8, 10, 15, 24M. This is where I become a "front office homer," because I agree with their stance that Fitz has value as a three year mentor, but not as a one year starter. 

Geno was benched in 2014, returned, and played reasonably well with a healthy Decker and Harvin to finish the year. I think he'll benefit from Gailey's coaching, Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte, an improved defense, hopefully an improved special teams, and from his belated -but necessary- year on the bench to sit and learn. He'll make bone-headed plays, sure, but he'll also make bigger plays. He can stretch the field in ways Fitzpatrick just can't. He can make use of a Devin Smith.

I really, honestly, don't believe that there'd be much, if any, difference in the won-loss record with Geno over Fitz, but that with Geno at QB the games will be more exciting to watch (for better and worse). Is there a chance Geno could crap the bed? Of course there is! But I think he has a chance to be better than Fitz, too. And I can't imagine Fitzpatrick's pea-shooter winning playoff games on the road - should he inexplicably finally make the playoffs for the first time in his career. 

If Fitz signs the three year deal on the table, fine - even though I don't think he's worth it. But if the Jets cave and offer him his one year deal, I'll be very disappointed. #FOH

Seduced?  You go white chocolate !!

Archived