Report: Fitzpatrick puts House up for Rent

JetNation

Not having the starting QB settled is not an issue until the head coach says it is an issue and then does something about it.  That time is probably coming and in fact, reading between the lines I think Todd Bowles may be willing to un-name Fitzpatrick sooner rather than later.

With all of that said the team is much better with Fitzpartick than they are with Smith although I am afraid they are not enough better with Fitz to be a playoff team this year.

So hold your nose, go with Geno,  get a top-3 pick next year and continue to fill in the holes on this roster as they seem to have done with the linebackers this year.  Have faith in Geno to deliver draft day gold for us.  He is that bad.  Once we are truly in the toilet we may get to take a look at Petty with no real pressure on him.

Not sure how much juice is left in the Brandon Marshall lemon or some others for that matter but I really don't think there was any way for Macc to sell out for this year to try and get those veterans a chance at a rimg

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AFJF said:

This is a great point that I was thinking about earlier today.  All the talk I'm hearing about how this is "crazy" and "when will it end", blah blah blah, is really just silly.  

Jets made an offer, Fitz will sign it when he wants.  He hasn't missed any more time than he missed last off-season and TC hasn't started yet.

The only thing this situation has done is make impatient fans antsy because they want an answer or resolution NOW.  Even though Fitz signing four months ago, three months ago, two months ago, one month ago, today or next week will basically be six of one/half dozen of the other.

He knows the offense inside and out and yes, I agree that it would have been nice for him to have taken part in the off-season program, will it really matter once the season starts that he didn't play catch in a pair of shorts with his receivers a few times?  I doubt it.

Thank the Lord !!!!  Another voice of reason on this wonderful site !!!

Well, I voted no. Because it's been six months and reportedly the Jets haven't budged on their offer. Fitz has countered with a one year deal and that was declined. I think it's 60-40 he doesn't sign. What the Jets have done is to create a Qb controversy and a distraction. And maybe affect the good positive feelings the players had after 2015 and hurt the momentum they had going into the off season. I see something behind this which is more than the difference in money between the sides. It's a power play by the org. We'll see but I don't think Fitz is going along with it. If the Jets are not willing to compromise. I see Woody Johnson's incompetency written all over this. We all know that after he fired Tanny a number of candidates turned the job down because they didn't like the conditions for employment he offered. One of them was David Caldwell the current Jags GM. 

Archived