Your top 5 most intriguing Jets in 2016 (no QBs)

Paradis

Who are the 5 NY JETS you're most interest to follow their upcoming season? Guys who maybe you're pulling for or just players you're intrigued by?

Mine: (personally I'm excluding rookies)

1. Taiwan Jones (ILB)... I was a fan coming out of Mich state last year, and interested to see if he can be our future inside thumper.
  2. Jace Amaro & Wes Saxton (TE)...  I'm very interested to find out if we do indeed have a fcking tight end on this team or not.
  3. Dexter McDougle (CB)... do something this year or get the hell out.
  4. Khiry Robinson (RB)... depending on how he looks this year, will decide if I'm going to start banging the Dalvin Cook drum in a few months.
  5. Mike Catapano (OLB).... would be really like to see a pass rusher blossom on the team that didn't cost us a fortune in FA or a 1st round pick

1. Any young offensive lineman that can supplant Breno. Anyone. Anyone at all.

2. Leonard Williams and how he takes on his second season. Expecting a huge leap forward in some areas. 

3. Jordan Jenkins. Fully expecting him to start on the outside and be steady from snap one. 

4. Marcus Williams. Time to show what you really are. A good starter or a solid backup. 

5. The rookie punters. Good god can the Jets please hit on one of these guys. 

Also, will be interested to see Petty and Hack in the preseason. I know it said no QBs but those two guys are different. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

1. Any young offensive lineman that can supplant Breno. Anyone. Anyone at all.

2. Leonard Williams and how he takes on his second season. Expecting a huge leap forward in some areas. 

3. Jordan Jenkins. Fully expecting him to start on the outside and be steady from snap one. 

4. Marcus Williams. Time to show what you really are. A good starter or a solid backup. 

5. The rookie punters. Good god can the Jets please hit on one of these guys. 

Also, will be interested to see Petty and Hack in the preseason. I know it said no QBs but those two guys are different. 

These are all great. These are mine except I'd put Amaro in there somewhere.

I think these guys stepping up is imperative for success this season.

1- Qvale/Harrison/Ijalana/Dozier- we desperately need a couple of youngsters to emerge on this Oline.

2- Jones/Reilly/Henderson/Carter- these guys need to hold the fort while Lee & Jenkins get worked in slowly as the year progresses.

3- Catapano/Bishop/Mauldin- Jets need lunch hustling edge rushers so the big boys inside can wreak havoc.

4- Jeremy Ross/Jalin Marshall- We have to find players to lift our special teams & create great field position.

5- Edwards/Hackett- When is the last time the Jets had a good punter? 

Im not worried about WR (With Marshall & Decker and Enunwa, Smith, Thompkins, Robinson, Peake) we have plenty of guys fighting for that 3/4 spots.

Im not worried about TE, in Gaileys system we only need average & with Amaro, Saxton, competing with some youngsters we should get what we need to "compliment" an offense where touches will be minimal.

Im not worried about our secondary. We have enough guys to compete and guys like Marcus & McDougle getting snaps last year I expect these guys to be ready to roll in their 2nd year in Bowles system. We had a rash of injuries at safety last year but we have a really good group there & a lot of versatility. With Mo signed, Leo getting stronger, Sheldon playing for a new contract, the Jets have a top 3 defensive line & I expect with the influx of youth at LB, Bowles will be getting after QBs, speeding up the pressure which will allow the secondary to make more plays. 

This is one of the most anticipated seasons for me. I love the mix of youth & veterans. We are going to be a very big & physical team, with some playmakers behind that big Dline like Revis, Pryor, Lee ect. It's gonna be a lot of fun to watch! I use to like watching Arizonas defense when Bowles was there & he's got a lot more of the pieces he needed to do what he likes to do.

This defense is deep & they have enough rotation players to be RELENTLESS! That mentally tires opposing Olines & QBs.

1. Lorenzo Mauldin - If this kid can bring consistent pressure from the edge, then this defense will be scary good.

2. Leonard Williams - He had a promising rookie season, but it's time to take a big step forward in his progress.

3. Khiry Robinson - An under-the-radar free agent signing. Matt Forte got all of the press, but Robinson is the guy I'm more interested in seeing.

4. Charon Peake - A lot of draftniks considered this guy to be a steal in the 7th round. It would be nice to see some potential in the younger receivers, because the starters are getting up there in age.

5. Brent Qvale - The Jets seem to like this guy's potential. He's a big dude who has a chance to take over the starting RT spot. 

Miliner, if he stays healthy it is huge for this team

Mouldin, can he make the jump?

punters, love to have a good punter for once. 

Williams, can he take next step to all pro 

Amaro, can he stay healthy and produce to his draft position.  

if all these players have good years Jets make the playoffs.  

Like RoadFan most of mine have been mentioned.  I was surprised it took 6 or 7 posts for Mauldin's name to be mentioned.  If he becomes the rusher we hope he becomes he can be the first significant QB sack threat since John Abraham.

I would add Clady.  Given his injury history if he stays healthy that would significantly improve the o-line.

1. Calvin Pryor- a better/durable Bob Sanders right? This is the year we find out.

2. Sheldon- can he get in Aaron Donald's stratosphere? 

3. Jarvis Harrison/Deon Simon- cane we actually get a late round starter in one of these guys?

4. Jace

5. Jenkins - rookie LBer

devin smith will be on pup

I have more than 5...in this order

1. Geno Smith

2. Dee Milliner

3. D. Lee

4. C. Pryor

5. J.Amaro

6. L. Williams

7. L.Mauldin

8. R.Clady

9. T.Hackett (he would have to make the team obviously- but he's the most exciting punter to watch)

1 Forte can the Jets exploit his versatility

2 Clady can he stay healthy

3 Millner can he show anything?

4 Richardson has he matured off the field

5 Wilkerson now that he has a contract will he continue to be the guy

Just some thoughts about how they will preform this season hoping for all positives 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:38 AM, Paradis said:

Who are the 5 NY JETS you're most interest to follow their upcoming season? Guys who maybe you're pulling for or just players you're intrigued by?

1. Taiwan Jones (ILB)... I was a fan coming out of Mich state last year, and interested to see if he can be our future inside thumper.
  2. Jace Amaro & Wes Saxton (TE)...  I'm very interested to find out if we do indeed have a fcking tight end on this team or not.
  4. Khiry Robinson (RB)... depending on how he looks this year, will decide if I'm going to start banging the Dalvin Cook drum in a few months.
  5. Mike Catapano (OLB).... would be really like to see a pass rusher blossom on the team that didn't cost us a fortune in FA or a 1st round pick

I'll answer these without you having to waste your time watching TC:

1) Yeah, right. Taiwan Jones SUCKS and he'll never replace David Harris.

2) We do NOT have a TE on this team. We didn't have one last year either, so what makes you think we'll have one this season? Amaro may have been injured last season, but he's still not a TE anyway. If anything he's another bum.

3) Get the hell out. He's a John Idzik pick, so what the hell else could you be thinking? SAME goes for Dee Milliner.

4) The Jets still need a RB regardless of how Robinson turns out. They will be getting one sooner rather than later. Matt Forte does not have much left in the tank.

5) Catapano has a long ways to go before he'll ever contribute.

2 hours ago, Mainejet said:

I'll answer these without you having to waste your time watching TC:

1) Yeah, right. Taiwan Jones SUCKS and he'll never replace David Harris.

2) We do NOT have a TE on this team. We didn't have one last year either, so what makes you think we'll have one this season? Amaro may have been injured last season, but he's still not a TE anyway. If anything he's another bum.

3) Get the hell out. He's a John Idzik pick, so what the hell else could you be thinking? SAME goes for Dee Milliner.

4) The Jets still need a RB regardless of how Robinson turns out. They will be getting one sooner rather than later. Matt Forte does not have much left in the tank.

5) Catapano has a long ways to go before he'll ever contribute.

I'll make a prediction, so you don't have to waste your life hoping;

1) you're going to die alone

2) none of us can help you, it's called therapy

3) you're a disgrace to jets fans. A teenager who just figured out who the jets are, is a better and more rightful fan than a guy with your blackhole of an attitude.

On July 22, 2016 at 0:38 AM, Paradis said:

With bacon scented tears flowing from my eyes I have to agree with #3. 

Archived