Quiz: Ex-Bills Coach Doug Marrone

He had an NFL head coaching job, a dream of a lifetime, and then opted out of his contract on the advice from his agent. Who was his agent that gave him such great advice? AND, Where is he now? (Coaching High School football for 40K per year??)

9 minutes ago, #90 said:

He had an NFL head coaching job, a dream of a lifetime, and then opted out of his contract on the advice from his agent. Who was his agent that gave him such great advice? AND, Where is he now? (Coaching High School football for 40K per year??)

O-line coach in Jax...passed over for fifteen or so job openings since he quit.

Apparently interviewed with Giants, Titans, Browns, Dolphins, Jets, Falcons, Bears and Eagles...oops. 

9 minutes ago, #90 said:

We get it.Jimmy Sexton. I didn't even have to look it up. Marrone is Asst HC at Jax. I mean Herm Edwards quit the Jets too because he was worried he'd be fired and took the KC job. At that time supposedly Marrone was going to get a HC job maybe with us. There was a change of ownership in Buff and that had something to do with it, too. And he made 4 mil on it because he had an opt out clause.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We get it.Jimmy Sexton. I didn't even have to look it up. Marrone is Asst HC at Jax. I mean Herm Edwards quit the Jets too because he was worried he'd be fired and took the KC job. At that time supposedly Marrone was going to get a HC job maybe with us. There was a change of ownership in Buff and that had something to do with it. 

Sexton isn't having the best off-season.  Made Bradfird look like an idiot...might do the same to Fitz.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Sexton isn't having the best off-season.  Made Bradfird look like an idiot...might do the same to Fitz.

Not sure what you mean about Bradford. btw Sexton is also Rex's agent. Not sure Fitz is solely listening to Sexton on not signing this deal. I'm sure he consults with him but the final decision is his own.

19 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We get it.Jimmy Sexton. I didn't even have to look it up. Marrone is Asst HC at Jax. I mean Herm Edwards quit the Jets too because he was worried he'd be fired and took the KC job. At that time supposedly Marrone was going to get a HC job maybe with us. There was a change of ownership in Buff and that had something to do with it, too. And he made 4 mil on it because he had an opt out clause.

The Jets actually managed to trade Herm to KC for a fourth round pick. I believe they used it to select Leon Washington. 

I remember that but not every detail (it was 2006) and there was almost as much intrigue about Herm leaving and the specifics of it as this situation. It was pretty wild. I think with Marrone there was stuff going on behind the scenes, a lot of stuff. But it was weird, too. The guy quits after a pretty decent season. And then pockets 4 million. Woody Johnson btw was rumored to want to hire Marrone. And actually spoke publicly about having interest in him. Then the Marrone haters came out of the woodwork. I remember an Asst. coach from Syracuse, a guy he fired really leveling him. 

43 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Not sure what you mean about Bradford. btw Sexton is also Rex's agent. Not sure Fitz is solely listening to Sexton on not signing this deal. I'm sure he consults with him but the final decision is his own.

He orchestrated Bradfords holdout/trade demand a couple months ago.  When the Eagkes didn't deal him, he had to come back and answer a million questions during his first presser and it was painful.

Tail between his legs, trying to wiggle his way out of it.  Had to be the most uncomfortable/awkward moment in his life.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

He orchestrated Bradfords holdout/trade demand a couple months ago.  When the Eagkes didn't deal him, he had to come back and answer a million questions during his first presser and it was painful.

Tail between his legs, trying to wiggle his way out of it.  Had to be the most uncomfortable/awkward moment in his life.

I just googled it. Isn't Tom Condon Bradford's agent?

Archived