season,playoff predictor machine, You're going to love this!

Hackenberg - Banned

6 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Wrong, what happens is that you prove to yourself and others that you have the discipline and intelligence to see something hard through to the end.  Further you enrich your mind, gain the ability to think about things in a more complex way, become a more well rounded person, and earn self respect and the respect of others.  Sadly, college is extremely expensive these days and that sux.  No other down sides though if you approach it correctly.    

since when is going to an institution and repeating back to them what you read in a book that they gave you..enriching your mind?

all graduates are is the blond pony-tail guy in the bar in Good Will Hunting.

college does not teach you critical thought. It teaches you to do as you are told.

college is extremely expensive these days and that sux.  No other down sides though if you approach it correctly.    

that nullifies anything about the possibility of it making you smarter. Who decided college needed to put you in debt from the get go?

I dont agree with everything he says but..

become a more well rounded person, and earn self respect and the respect of others

class system bull-crap. I'm better than you because I went to college.

why do you think they want you to go to college between 18-25 years old?

because if a teacher had to put up with a class full of 40 year olds who've been through life. He'd have to keep defending his viewpoints and never make it out of class alive.

hqdefault.jpg

58 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

I just explained that you learn what they want you to learn in the structure  they choose for you. No one learns to think critically  for themselves. No one is allowed to actually think.outside the box. You just learn to be a cattle and go along to get along. And go in debt which half the reason they want you  go to college, to pay govt more cash.

They never taught you how to think critically or think outside the box? Wow. Sorry 2 hear.

On 7/24/2016 at 7:49 PM, Hackenberg said:

Most college  degrees are a useless waste of money.All that happened was the collective you got indoctrinated into politically correct way of thinking with a bunch  of useless  classes.

Anecdotal evidence only but most people that agree with you on this do not have a degree or if they do have one it is in Russian literature or the Bolshevik constructivism modern art movement.

Archived