Lily's Mafia Game Sign Ups

Nolder

Crusher, can we have alts?

Also, I'm going to warn you guys, up front. there is no way I can completely balance this setup. It starts off balanced, but there are variables that could affect it. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Since you guys are considering Alts I will play

Lily just try and get a few more signups we don't have to rush :)

I'd like a little bit bigger game, too. 

1 hour ago, Lily said:

Also, I'm going to warn you guys, up front. there is no way I can completely balance this setup. It starts off balanced, but there are variables that could affect it. 

There's a chance of that in all games, really.

2 minutes ago, D P R said:

No. Not at all. Balance is balance. 

You make being wrong an art form. Any game can start balanced and lose it due to dumb luck. It can also start imbalanced, and gain it due to the same... Town had no business winning last game, for instance.

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You make being wrong an art form. Any game can start balanced and lose it due to dumb luck. It can also start imbalanced, and gain it due to the same... Town had no business winning last game, for instance.

Oh goodness, here we go...

Game balance either exists or it doesn't - it doesn't change or evolve during play. It's like a table with 4 legs, but if the legs are different lengths (or the ground is uneven) it will wobble. That doesn't necessarily effect the balance because the table won't tip over. 

If the roles are chosen correctly, the game will be balanced and the mod is what makes the difference in smoothing out any wobbly play.

Random occurrences or "lightning strike" plays don't mean the game is unbalanced - they just represent a lower probability of potential outcomes, which you know. On any given day, an earthquake can knock over a perfectly balanced table. The earthquake is a mutually exclusive event that produces a result through no fault of the table maker.

So in this last game, you say "Town had no business winning". Why? Why didn't the town have any business winning? It's a cute thing to say, but there was ample opportunity of the town to win from the start. I'm not a fan of the C9++ setup (or driverless cars or boy bands) in part because it takes the modding out of modding. But it's not flawed toward favoring mafia or town.

A balance issue would be if there were too many mafia or too many power roles. You not winning the game is not a balance issue, heh. 

2 hours ago, D P R said:

Oh goodness, here we go...

Game balance either exists or it doesn't - it doesn't change or evolve during play. It's like a table with 4 legs, but if the legs are different lengths (or the ground is uneven) it will wobble. That doesn't necessarily effect the balance because the table won't tip over. 

If the roles are chosen correctly, the game will be balanced and the mod is what makes the difference in smoothing out any wobbly play.

Random occurrences or "lightning strike" plays don't mean the game is unbalanced - they just represent a lower probability of potential outcomes, which you know. On any given day, an earthquake can knock over a perfectly balanced table. The earthquake is a mutually exclusive event that produces a result through no fault of the table maker.

So in this last game, you say "Town had no business winning". Why? Why didn't the town have any business winning? It's a cute thing to say, but there was ample opportunity of the town to win from the start. I'm not a fan of the C9++ setup (or driverless cars or boy bands) in part because it takes the modding out of modding. But it's not flawed toward favoring mafia or town.

A balance issue would be if there were too many mafia or too many power roles. You not winning the game is not a balance issue, heh. 

So. Easy.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You caught two scum in three post. Lightning strike post indeed.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

You caught two scum in three post. Lightning strike post indeed.  

Honestly, I shot you because I view you as an impossible townie to lynch. If I hadn't shot you, it probably changes the whole game. You can RB JIF, get him killed, you can RB me and Smash... I bet you would have won.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Honestly, I shot you because I view you as an impossible townie to lynch. If I hadn't shot you, it probably changes the whole game. You can RB JIF, get him killed, you can RB me and Smash... I bet you would have won.

No. Same night RB kill smash. Vest stopped it. Probably would have tried again next night. I was shocked it was you because I knew you had me as town.  Then realized that's EXACTLY why you shot me.  I wasn't getting lynch.  Well played Ape.  

20 hours ago, Leelou said:

Hi Puddin'!! 

Hey pumpkin!

16 hours ago, Lily said:

Image result for heavy breathing

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

There's a chance of that in all games, really.

Well I think the greater point is you can have things "perfectly" balanced and it all go to hell on D1 if things go a certain way...but you don't build a game accounting for town blind lynching the doc and scum nailing cop all in the first day of the game, so it is what it is

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Alts are in your pms. 14 of them. I changed them up to not repeat actors .  I can make a couple more if need be. 

<3 you like bacon

55 minutes ago, Lily said:

I'm going to say it here and again in the rules - NO posting with the alts outside of this forum. I will modkill your ass with a quickness. 

When you say NO, is that a firm no, or maybe a slippery no?

Archived