Jets have given Fitzpatrick multiple contract offers to choose from

joewilly12

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's pretty clear at this point that mccags views geno and fitz as similar in talent, and fitz's real value is sticking around to tutor hackenberg.  the 3 year deal is basically a retirement package that fitz doesn't want to admit.

"Pretty clear"?  lol.  The front office and coaching staff have shown in every way that they don't want to have to depend on Geno in the slightest.  Talent, as perceived by the fans, means very little if you can't play the position.

1 hour ago, jetfan39 said:

considering that the Mo deal wasn't seen by anyone, as evidence that everybody said Mo would play under the tag for 2016, does anyone believe that any

details of a contract offer will be leaked?  consider the source.

really good point, if there was a leak it would be on Fitz's side. But the article is written from the team's perspective.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

"Pretty clear"?  lol.  The front office and coaching staff have shown in every way that they don't want to have to depend on Geno in the slightest.  Talent, as perceived by the fans, means very little if you can't play the position.

This is not true at all. if this was true they would have over paid for Fitz. Which so far they haven't. If what you said was true there is no way they would let Fitz sit out there that long where another team could sign him.

Just now, Maxman said:

This is not true at all. if this was true they would have over paid for Fitz. Which so far they haven't. If what you said was true there is no way they would let Fitz sit out there that long where another team could sign him.

They let him sit this long because they know he has no other options.  That doesn't mean they somehow value Geno.  It only means Macc is smart and we're lucky to have him as our GM.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They let him sit this long because they know he has no other options.  That doesn't mean they somehow value Geno.  It only means Macc is smart and we're lucky to have him as our GM.

Letting him sit out there creates risk. What if he retires? Which means they haven't shown, "in every way" that they don't trust Geno.

Just now, Maxman said:

Letting him sit out there creates risk. What if he retires? Which means they haven't shown, "in every way" that they don't trust Geno.

Fitz has 5 mouths to feed.  He ain't retiring until he has nothing left.  Can't believe every smokescreen story we read.  Both sides were negotiating to the best of their abilities.  Fitz had no other "Option B" than to threaten retirement. 

considering that the Mo deal wasn't seen by anyone, as evidence that everybody said Mo would play under the tag for 2016, does anyone believe that any

details of a contract offer will be leaked?  consider the source.

Thank you. We signed Mo, a MUCH bigger story, with nary a peep about it. Mehta is known for making crap up, nationally known lol. Unless Fitz is leaking this info himself to Mehta I'm certain this is all BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It that was truly the case Fitz would have been signed 3 months ago.

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

a team leak like this means the clock is ticking.....

Had this article come from a different author, I'd be more likely to believe it. It's well-known that Manish is a bullsh!t artist.

That said, if for once he isn't pulling this out of his ass, then I agree with you. This is the team letting Fitz know that time is running out.

27 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I'm enjoying your meltdowns but I suggest you get a life. it's starting to get pathetic already 

Better to say nothing, than go with this hallmark of insecurity as a comeback.

Try again.

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

Damn you fitz worshippers are touchy. Did you shave your "beard" yet?:lol:

The rally beard thread is almost a year old, and you're still hung up on it... but I'm the touchy one for jabbing at your lame insults?

Awful... strike 3. And note, this has nothing to do with the Fitz/Geno thing. It's more about the fact that you are terrible at sh*t talk, and as sensitive as a hug from @Jetsfan80

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The rally beard thread is almost a year old, and you're still hung up on it... but I'm the touchy one for jabbing at your lame insults?

Awful... strike 3. And note, this has nothing to do with the Fitz/Geno thing. It's more about the fact that you are terrible at sh*t talk, and as sensitive as a hug from @Jetsfan80

Sorry but the idea of "sh*t talking" with you is probably the most pathetic, loserish waste of time I can think of. So have a nice day, sweetheart :lol:

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

your quote is pure fantasy. why in the world would the jets "over pay" fitz without any competition? they wouldn't. training camp is not here yet. there is no rush. except for in the eyes of impatient fans

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fitz has 5 mouths to feed.  He ain't retiring until he has nothing left.  Can't believe every smokescreen story we read.  Both sides were negotiating to the best of their abilities.  Fitz had no other "Option B" than to threaten retirement. 

The guy has made well over 30 million in his playing career. I sure hope he's not worried about how many mouths he has to feed. 

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Sorry but the idea of "sh*t talking" with you is probably the most pathetic, loserish waste of time I can think of. So have a nice day, sweetheart :lol:

This is the same type of response you got the first strike for.

Better to have walked away quietly... I'm trying to teach you here.

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:
7 minutes ago, ylekram said:

your quote is pure fantasy. why in the world would the jets "over pay" fitz without any competition? they wouldn't. training camp is not here yet. there is no rush. except for in the eyes of impatient fans

they would overpay him to get him in camp.  he's not signed 2 days before camp precisely because the jets have not overpaid him.  

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I'd like to know what these multiple offers are and where they get this info from. Then he speculates as to what the Jets could offer or should offer. I don't see much meat on the bones. Just more connect the dots. And of course we see who the author is. A guy who makes things up. 

You HATE the FACTS and TRUTH its quite evident instead we are supposed to believe the NONSENSE you post day and night. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

they would overpay him to get him in camp.  he's not signed 2 days before camp precisely because the jets have not overpaid him.  

this is negotiation 101. how in the world does this mean they have faith in geno? every move the jets have made so far states loud and clear their faith in geno.. these lame statements " the jets have faith in geno or else they would have over paid for fitz months ago" are just that. lame statements with no truth to them

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Still, the Jets were fine taking a risk here. Which means that at some level they were prepared to go with Geno. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken any risk.

Just now, ylekram said:

this is negotiation 101. how in the world does this mean they have faith in geno? every move the jets have made so far states loud and clear their faith in geno.. these lame statements " the jets have faith in geno or else they would have over paid for fitz months ago" are just that. lame statements with no truth to them

i never wrote they have faith in geno.  i wrote the gm values them the same.  i think they have the same amount of faith, which isn't that much b/c they didn't offer fitz a lot to return.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

You HATE the FACTS and TRUTH its quite evident instead we are supposed to believe the BULLsh*t NONSENSE you post day and night. 

manish talks sh*t about geno = lies

manish talks sh*t about fitz = truth

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

There is truth to them because the Jets are taking a risk by playing hardball.

Just now, Maxman said:

Still, the Jets were fine taking a risk here. Which means that at some level they were prepared to go with Geno. Otherwise they wouldn't have taken any risk.

Have to factor in how close we've been scraping against the cap, as well. 

17 minutes ago, ylekram said:

The quote isn't pure fantasy. Why do the Jets have no competition? Because they didn't overpay Fitz originally and every other team in the league passed on him.

The risk in leaving him out there is another QB could have sustained an injury during OTAs and a job opened up. The Jets were willing to take that risk....which means that at some level, they are okay going with Geno.

I did not make a "fantasy" statement saying the Jets have full faith. Just answered 80's post which said every move this offseason says they have no faith in Geno.

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oof... strike 2. Just awful. 

And by awful, I mean pathetic, get a life.

31 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Damn you fitz worshippers are touchy. Did you shave your "beard" yet?:lol:

Walk away boys.  Use the ignore feature if you have to.

Just now, Maxman said:

The quote isn't pure fantasy. Why do the Jets have no competition? Because they didn't overpay Fitz originally and every other team in the league passed on him.

The risk in leaving him out there is another QB could have sustained an injury during OTAs and a job opened up. The Jets were willing to take that risk....which means that at some level, they are okay going with Geno.

I did not make a "fantasy" statement saying the Jets have full faith. Just answered 80's post which said every move this offseason says they have no faith in Geno.

that's the real risk for the jets, that another team gets a bad injury and fitz is signed by them - but it would be surprising if it's for more money than the jets are offering.  

the interesting thing that could unfold is if geno starts off camp and looks good.  then we'll see how badly fitz wants to return.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Have to factor in how close we've been scraping against the cap, as well. 

No you don't because if every move this offseason showed they didn't trust Geno, like you said, they would have reworked contracts to get Fitz signed.

They didn't do that. So again, at some level they took a risk that Geno might be the starting QB. 

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i never wrote they have faith in geno.  i wrote the gm values them the same.  i think they have the same amount of faith, which isn't that much b/c they didn't offer fitz a lot to return.

ya. multiple contracts on the table, one of which could be worth 36m, named fitz the starter in January, and showed little interest in any other available qb during the off season is proof enough for me that they value geno and fitz the same

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

No you don't because if every move this offseason showed they didn't trust Geno, like you said, they would have reworked contracts to get Fitz signed.

They didn't do that. So again, at some level they took a risk that Geno might be the starting QB. 

at first i never thought fitz would remain unsigned by now.  but at this point you have to assume they thought at the minicamps this spring that he's probably as good (or bad) as fitz so it didn't make sense to go all out to re-sign fitz.  

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

ya. multiple contracts on the table, one of which could be worth 36m, named fitz the starter in January, and showed little interest in any other available qb during the off season is proof enough for me that they value geno and fitz the same

if the jets really wanted fitz to return they would have offered what the rest of the nfl is paying average qbs. the jets didn't come close to that amount.

Archived