Jets have given Fitzpatrick multiple contract offers to choose from

joewilly12

18 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

whats even more funny are the people claiming Fitz who was leasing a 8 bedroom 7500 square foot home needed it to be bigger to fit 5 kids... hilarious.

Wonder if his agent is handling the living arrangements now?

Fitz is worth 5mil, but supposedly he wants 15mil+ per to play.

Only stands to reason that with 5 kids, he'd want  15+ bedrooms.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im not going to battle FitzNation I understand your panties are in a bunch over the latest news most of you contribute nothing to this forum but repetivetive arguments about how Fitz is better than Geno over and over.  

I understand your frustration I too want a franchise QB and I too want a Super Bowl victory. 

Enjoy guys this forum is for Jets fans we may not always agree but we are all in the same boat. 

Dude, everyone here lol @ you. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Dude, everyone here lol @ you. 

Dude thats cool I'm ok with it I speak my mind and speak the truth many in denial need to laugh instead admitting they were dead wrong. LOL 

FitzNation hates any facts that are against him coming back to the Jets

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

risk of what? they have the top and possibly the only offer on the table. fitz has already stated he will be playing football this year. there is risk in everything. the jets have very little risk in this negotiation. their only risk is having to pay a little more than they want. fitzpatricks risk is having to sign the deal on the table

Maybe you didn't read 80's statement. That is what I responded to. Everything the Jets have done this season DOES NOT point to no faith in Geno.

If they had NO FAITH in Geno then Petty would have been the # 1 QB during OTAs.  

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Maybe you didn't read 80's statement. That is what I responded to. Everything the Jets have done this season DOES NOT point to no faith in Geno.

Maybe not zero faith, but it doesn't seem high and it doesn't seem like they're thrilled with any of the options on the current roster. Or else there wouldn't be multiple offers and vets begging to have him brought back. 

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

if that's the case, then who backs up geno? your kidding yourself if you think hack or petty will be the back up. plan A,B,& C has always been Fitzpatrick. if they didn't have confidence that they would eventually sign Fitzpatrick, they would have 100% picked up a veteran

Who backed up Fitz last year while Geno was out ??.  They're rolling the dice that Geno can handle the job and stay healthy. If he fails or gets injured depending on what the current record is they either get Petty/Hack some experience or they swing a deal for a Vet. This notion that the team can't win or live without Fitz is hilarious.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Maybe not zero faith, but it doesn't seem high and it doesn't seem like they're thrilled with any of the options on the current roster. Or else there wouldn't be multiple offers and vets begging to have him brought back. 

I am okay with that statement. But at some level, even if it is small they are okay running Geno out there. Otherwise Fitz would have been signed already.

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Players dont dictate the roster GM and coaches do.  Im guessing the highest offer is on the table and Fitz was told take it or leave it. 

9 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who backed up Fitz last year while Geno was out ??.  They're rolling the dice that Geno can handle the job and stay healthy. If he fails or gets injured depending on what the current record is they either get Petty/Hack some experience or they swing a deal for a Vet. This notion that the team can't win or live without Fitz is hilarious.

Exactly the mindset here for the most part is its Fitzpatrick or bust LOL :rl:

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I did read 80's statement. you said there was some kinda risk to not signing fitz along time ago, if they really wanted him. I still fail to see the risk. and I guess your right, the jets do not have "zero faith" in geno, but thru their actions, its shows they very little faith. nothing they have done shows that they are comfortable with geno smith

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I did read 80's statement. you said there was some kinda risk to not signing fitz along time ago, if they really wanted him. I still fail to see the risk. and I guess your right, the jets do not have "zero faith" in geno, but thru their actions, its shows they very little faith. nothing they have done shows that they are comfortable with geno smith

And drafting Hackenberg doesn't exactly show a great deal of faith in Fitzpatrick, either. 

Geno being on the team beyond this year is probably a long shot. But by the same token, given the way their negotiations with Fitz have gone, they also don't appear to be nearly as frightened by the prospect of Geno starting this year as some fans are. If their faith in Geno was anywhere near zero, they'd've come to a deal with Fitz by now. 

33 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

whats hilarious is this post. who backed up fitz last year when geno was out? for 2 games? really? every thing the jets brass has done says they want him back. with a 24-36m contract on the table, you think that the jets are "rolling the dice" with geno? lol. even if I buy the fact that the brass feels that geno can be almost or as good as fitz(which in itself is a huge gamble), you want me to believe the jets will double down on that huge gamble by not having a viable back up? especially with a roster that some say is playoff worthy. decisions like that get gm's fired when they don't work out. if I were you, I would get this "rolling the dice" nonsense out of your head. Fitzpatrick was always going to and will be the day 1 starter

Well, it's very realistic at this point in time to think the Jets could be going into the season with Geno as the starter. God help us and the Jets. This just does not make any sense. Fitz is out of his mind if he doesn't accept the teams offer. There's no way he'll ever get even close to what the Jets are offering from another team. But like has been posted many times before, if this impasse stays on it's current trek, this has disaster written all over it for not only Fitz, but Jets management as well. This is not turning out to be a very good offseason at all.

7 minutes ago, slats said:

And drafting Hackenberg doesn't exactly show a great deal of faith in Fitzpatrick, either. 

Geno being on the team beyond this year is probably a long shot. But by the same token, given the way their negotiations with Fitz have gone, they also don't appear to be nearly as frightened by the prospect of Geno starting this year as some fans are. If their faith in Geno was anywhere near zero, they'd've come to a deal with Fitz by now. 

drafting hackenberg has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick. the guy is 34 years old and is viewed as an adequate, bridge qb. hence the contract that was offered.

we have already been thru the 2nd part of your quote. it always goes back to "if they didn't have faith in geno, fitz would have been signed already", which is pure nonsense. the truth is simple. fitz wants/wanted too much money. that is the only reason he isn't signed yet. the bottom line is that he will be signed. period. training camp is not here yet. neither is pre-season games. I am not worried. the jets are not worried. Fitzpatrick is not worried.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

drafting hackenberg has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick. the guy is 34 years old and is viewed as an adequate, bridge qb. hence the contract that was offered.

we have already been thru the 2nd part of your quote. it always goes back to "if they didn't have faith in geno, fitz would have been signed already", which is pure nonsense. the truth is simple. fitz wants/wanted too much money. that is the only reason he isn't signed yet. the bottom line is that he will be signed. period. training camp is not here yet. neither is pre-season games. I am not worried. the jets are not worried. Fitzpatrick is not worried.

Yeah, meanwhile there's a report that the Jets have essentially cut off negotiations while they see what they have in Geno for the start of camp. A report that dropped a day or so after Marshall said Fitz stopped returning his texts. We'll see what happens, but it's possible the team has already made arrangements to move on. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah, meanwhile there's a report that the Jets have essentially cut off negotiations while they see what they have in Geno for the start of camp. A report that dropped a day or so after Marshall said Fitz stopped returning his texts. We'll see what happens, but it's possible the team has already made arrangements to move on. 

like you said earlier in this thread " I will believe it when I see it" referring to the article from manish. this has been tightest lipped 6 month negotiation I have ever seen out of jets camp. from both sides. the wilks deal came out of nowhere. its possible the team has made arrangements to move on. I think its more of a possibility that these reports lack any substance

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I wouldn't mind seeing that article.

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing that article.

not exactly sure where it is, but check the Fitzpatrick thread. Kelley usually posts articles in there. iirc, I don't think the words cutoff negotiations were used. I think it was more along the lines that they havnt talked in awhile

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You wouldn't believe it anyway.......

Sure I would. You're the guy posting articles by MM with no facts and then attacking others like me for not accepting it. Now who's the one with the credibility gap?:

The Jets should Offer Fitz 3 years at 10 mil per.... If he plays bad they can always dump the last 2 years on the contract especially if they feel Hackenberg or Petty are ready to take over the team. I'm not sure Geno makes it past this year.

WHY?? No one else has offered him even $8 mill lol...he's a QB without a team and the Jets are bidding against themselves. If I'm offering Fitz 3yrs/30 mill, it's $8 mill yr one and that is the only guarantee...8 mill as a signing bonus after vet min. Then it's $10mill yr two and $12 mill yr three. Put incentives in for playoffs, AFC champ and SB which will be NLTBE and not count against the cap..I don't care. But offering him $10 mill per which would all count against the cap is insane IMO.

13 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sure I would. You're the guy posting articles by MM with no facts and then attacking others like me for not accepting it. Now who's the one with the credibility gap?:

I read the Daily News they had the article posted I figured id post it for others to see nothing more nothing less. 

I didnt write it or did i give a narrative like you would have done,credibility LOL 

Been watching many of the games from last season and there is no doubt the players bonded with Fitz.

You could see they love his competitiveness and fire. In many ways I can relate to many here and on the team wanting Fitz back.

The issue I have with that is he is very limited in what he can do and I fear many of the defenses we will face this season will be able to shut him down. Like right after signing the big contract in Buffalo, defenses saw him for a year and turn him into a below average player.

I also wonder if the Jets do pay him and Geno out plays him in camp and preseason, what then? Do you start him because of the contract he just signed and leave the better QB on the bench.

I think Geno too could bond with the team just as well as Fitz, yet that requires he play and most of all , win !

It will be so Jets like for the Jets to play Fitz and for Fitz to have a so/so season and lose Geno at the end of the year.

Only to have Geno move on to a

strong winning career and a

QB who continues to beat us many times in the years to come.

1 hour ago, slats said:

what ? Everyone knows Fitz is a 2 to 3 year max QB for this team. Everyone knew last year the Jets were probably going to be players in this draft for a QB.

This has absolute zero  to do with whether the Jets have faith in Fitz. If Fitz was 25 like Geno then you could make that statement but hes going to be 34 this upcoming season so you can stop with the anti Fitz trolling because he's going to be signed this week and you can go cry your eyes out at that time./

51 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

WHY?? No one else has offered him even $8 mill lol...he's a QB without a team and the Jets are bidding against themselves. If I'm offering Fitz 3yrs/30 mill, it's $8 mill yr one and that is the only guarantee...8 mill as a signing bonus after vet min. Then it's $10mill yr two and $12 mill yr three. Put incentives in for playoffs, AFC champ and SB which will be NLTBE and not count against the cap..I don't care. But offering him $10 mill per which would all count against the cap is insane IMO.

You fail to understand, as I have pointed out 100 times, This is not what other teams think of Fitz or about the current market, this is about how the Jets value Fitz and Fitz knows this. He played good in this system with these current players and they trust him to lead THIS team, its totally irrelevant what other teams think. He's doing what any smart player would do and that's hold out for the best possible contract. The Jets are not going to trust a team built to win in the next 2 years to Geno Smith its not happening. If the Jets wanted to truly rebuild they would not have signed numerous 30+ year old players. Maybe Macc feels he can do this on the fly with team friendly contacts, either way, he does not trust Geno and that's painfully obvious.

59 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

and FWIW you have no idea what anyone has offered so omit that from your arguement

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

what ? Everyone knows Fitz is a 2 to 3 year max QB for this team. Everyone knew last year the Jets were probably going to be players in this draft for a QB.

This has absolute zero  to do with whether the Jets have faith in Fitz. If Fitz was 25 like Geno then you could make that statement but hes going to be 34 this upcoming season so you can stop with the anti Fitz trolling because he's going to be signed this week and you can go cry your eyes out at that time./

Lol, yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna cry. Fitz resigning will just, unfortunately, demonstrate everything I've said about him. 

Can any admin quickly query the DB and find out how many times "Fitz" or any variation of which (e.g. Fitzpatrick, FitzMagic, Mr. Mediocre, wussy, noodle-arm, bearded girly QB...) has been mentioned here in 2016?

It has to be an insane number.  Perhaps more than he's been discussed everywhere else over his entire career.

Are you happy Maccagnan?  You did this.  Loyal Jet fans have spent almost 7 god damn months now discussing the bearded girly QB.  

What did JetNation ever do to you to deserve this torture?

Please end this.  Preferably by announcing Fitz won't be back, but any closure is welcome.  Just end it.

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

ee89155cb54503a4e716ea2b265398b1.jpg

Lol. I fully expect Fitz to sign, and I've said it all along. it won't come as any shock to me. 

You're the outlier though, dude, who thinks Fitz has a potential three year window as a starter. The Jets see him as a stopgap/mentor, and want him in that mentor role ASAP. 

We'll see who's making that face if/when Fitz is playing against a big boy schedule. I suspect a number of @Smashmouth posts. 

Archived