A Brief Reminder About The Board Rules - Several Members Banned This Week

Maxman

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Let people jackass around for months on-end. Reach critical mass where the community can no longer shrug off the jackassery, and begins a level of "enough already" mockery. Jackasses get sensitive because the culture of enablement previously establshed allowed them to jackass for months, and now, when mocked, they feel entitled to a level of license with how they respond to mockery. Authority recognizes conflict, blames everyone: ruins society, kills puppies, and destroys hope eternal.

No.  I was just blaming you. 

Those who fail HS history are doomed to also fail College History, or something like that, I forgot the saying, but I didn't go to college, so that is how I beat the piss out of that saying! I failed HS history, but did not fail college history!

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

It's also the 42nd anniversary of the day Neil Peart joined Rush. Has anybody ever had a better 21st birthday then Geddy Lee?

If you hold the number 21 up to a mirror you get 2112.

Whoa!

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No.  I was just blaming you. 

I think your no. 1 job is to get rid of the crazies and fast. I see some of them popping up esp recently and they are pretty scary. I guess it's not easy to keep them out because they can re-sign up under a different name, email address. These creeps can take down a site like this pretty fast. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Let people jackass around for months on-end. Reach critical mass where the community can no longer shrug off the jackassery, and begins a level of "enough already" mockery. Jackasses get sensitive because the culture of enablement previously establshed allowed them to jackass for months, and now, when mocked, they feel entitled to a level of license with how they respond to mockery. Authority recognizes conflict, blames everyone: ruins society, kills puppies, and destroys hope eternal.

All of that is true except the last three words.  The Jets do that.

29 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

I must say I was surprised coming back here this spring how many pro-Smith posts there were.  But then I noticed @90% of them were from the same 5 or so posters.  I tend to scroll by them now and the experience of coming here has gotten much better.

Doesn't keep you from whining about it unfortunately :lol:

3 hours ago, EM31 said:

Personally I blame cable news channels.  Fox news may be the worst offender but the others aren't far behind.  This is where we have seen that interrupting and talking over the other person in order to drown out what that person is trying to say has been raised to an art form.

You cannot actually interrupt someone on here but in place of this we have seen a kind of "swarm-posting".   A group of posters will collectively attack, usually personally a poster who offers a different point of view and try to drown them with a death of a thousand cuts.  We have seen this "technique" used repeatedly and frankly it is far more offensive than anything PatsFanTX (a favorite whipping boy) has been guilty of here.

You're correct but a little off base here IMO. I totally agree with you about the cable news phenomenon here.. people no longer want the news, they want to tune into their news source of choice and be told that all their opinions are correct, given a pat on the head and get validation that they are on the right side and anybody who disagrees with them is less intelligent, evil, the enemy, etc. From what I've seen its made people intellectually lazy, insecure, belligerent, and basically overgrown babies who constantly scream and whine about "the other side" instead of being able to engage each other in a meaningful debate. It really is a shame.... Very astute observation though 

Archived