A Brief Reminder About The Board Rules - Several Members Banned This Week

Maxman

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Meh...I've seen Tx on boards for over ten years...I don't know how he gets people so worked up.  There are some Jets fans who are worse than him IMO.

Treat all the trolls equally.  Ignore them.

Posting something like this gives him exactly what he comes here for.

That being said, very nice of him to fork some cash over for Kamdon.

Oh no doubt there are a couple fans that are in league with satan, but he is just a pathetic coward. I have absolutely no use for people like that.

Actually your both right.  it's hard to totally ignor politics, the players themselves are always making ridiculous  political statements.

In the end board policy is right.  Politics is death to a football board.  Look how weird this Fitz, smith thing has gotten.  Could you imagine if it was The Donald, and Hillary?

12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Actually your both right.  it's hard to totally ignor politics, the players themselves are always making ridiculous  political statements.

In the end board policy is right.  Politics is death to a football board.  Look how weird this Fitz, smith thing has gotten.  Could you imagine if it was The Donald, and Hillary?

Yeah, Im all set with no politics.

I come here to get AWAY from the rhetoric, and immerse myself into the awesomeness of the NY fvcking Jets!

Ok. Just so I'm clear: Never ever speak about new stadium construction? 

I guess we can also never speak about the concussion protocol, NFL Players' retirement fund, the CBA....I could keep going. Like I said, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

1 hour ago, Rexorcism said:

Haha, people have been saying tht for the last 10 years

say it this year and you wont be wrong.

Brady isnt allowed to do anything football for 4 weeks with anyone.

he will come back rusty and I damn well picking Cleveland to win that game

57 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

You think Brandy is gonna adhere to the rules? Bwaahahaaa

7 hours ago, Jet9 said:

My only issue with the 'No Politics' rule is how it's enforced. Obviously immigration, war, etc is talking politics. However, while talking sports, political issues are sure to come up. What I feel like the rule is here is that you can NEVER speak about a new stadium project in some NFL city, the nightmare across the parking lot formerly known as Xanadu, why a player might have chosen to sign with a Florida or Texas based team instead of a NY/NJ or California based team. Sorry, but these are for real topics in the world of sports. Dropping the ban hammer on people for this kind of thing or locking threads because the words 'tax base ' might have been uttered is, IMO, throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Again, JMO. 

We generally allow that kind of talk. The fact that one state has income tax and another doesn't isn't necessary political. We'll squash it if it gets partisan, and bans don't happen unless people are being blatant about it after being warned about it. 

Hes not going to prison, dude. I hope you're right but I think they probably go 3-1 or 4-0 without him and then he comes back and doesn't miss a beat.

10 hours ago, Jet9 said:

My only issue with the 'No Politics' rule is how it's enforced. Obviously immigration, war, etc is talking politics. However, while talking sports, political issues are sure to come up. What I feel like the rule is here is that you can NEVER speak about a new stadium project in some NFL city, the nightmare across the parking lot formerly known as Xanadu, why a player might have chosen to sign with a Florida or Texas based team instead of a NY/NJ or California based team. Sorry, but these are for real topics in the world of sports. Dropping the ban hammer on people for this kind of thing or locking threads because the words 'tax base ' might have been uttered is, IMO, throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Again, JMO. 

Most politic discussion polarize the board  into "us" vs "them".  They turn into arguments and personal attacks quicker than Fitz vs Geno.  Difference is once the season starts most of us gel together. Then we just hate on the trolls together in blissful Jet fan harmony.  May not seem like it but we really do try to let threads go as long as we can that have political references.  But once people start sniping comments we use our best judgement to maintain brotherhood here.  We have a 3 page Brexit thread that is still open in the lounge.  It's filled of intelligent and shockingly insightful post and opinions.  Hell, this Crushlove had no idea what Brexit was before that thread.  It never went bad so it never got locked. We don't knee jerk lock threads unless they are blatantly distasteful or overtly against board policy. When, I First saw the  "Brexit" title I thought is was a new biscuit with crossed sausage links smothered in sausage gravy Tailgate Joe put together for his early morning tailgate this season.  I have disappoint . 

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Politics is the single best way to destroy a good forum.  It's good it banned here. 

If you simply must sperge about "real world issues" related to, but beyond, sports.....you will find no shortage of other forums to serve that need.

Max is 100% right on this.

You'll be singing a different tune once the hot button subject Scottish independence comes back around once again Fish.

8 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Ok. Just so I'm clear: Never ever speak about new stadium construction? 

I guess we can also never speak about the concussion protocol, NFL Players' retirement fund, the CBA....I could keep going. Like I said, throwing the baby out with the bathwater. 

As a couple others have alluded to, some of those borderline (or I guess, potentially borderline) topics we just play by ear and see how they pan out. When they eke into obvious L/R politics - whether due to a problem's perceived causation, which official turned a blind eye to something bad, or whatever - we try just hiding the offending posts to prevent locking the thread outright. Sometimes there is no other option but to lock a thread. 

Incidentally, we have had many discussions here about the CBA and the stadiums  and other such topics. Just once we start seeing people identifying their beliefs, as to which politicians (or which of the political parties) are to blame, that we step in to moderate.

You don't have to like it, but in the end those discussions aren't the life blood of this forum. Those discussions, however, can rob the forum of its life blood over time. 

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Politics is the single best way to destroy a good forum.  It's good it banned here. 

If you simply must sperge about "real world issues" related to, but beyond, sports.....you will find no shortage of other forums to serve that need.

Max is 100% right on this.

It is a source of personal amusement to me to find myself in total agreement with this post, but no need to go into that.  The point is War, and Max, are totally right.

In my experience, except in some very limited situations, there is usually no connection between a poster's political views and their opinions on football and the Jets.  But it is sometimes hard to keep that in mind when you post on a board where you know what the political opinions are of other posters.  Worst is where disagreements about politics are carried over into disagreements about the Jets and football, or vice versa.  It adds a totally inappropriate, and weird, angle to the forum.  Yes, it can on occasion be somewhat refreshing to see, for example, that someone you totally disagree with on politics can be someone you can still find agreement with on, say, Geno Smith.  But that hardly makes up for the weirdness and the related problems.

Add in that if you want to talk politics there are plenty of other and better places to do so, and this forum's rule on the subject is one I am not only in complete agreement with, but is a big reason I have chosen to become a regular poster here.

38 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

It is a source of personal amusement to me to find myself in total agreement with this post, but no need to go into that.  The point is War, and Max, are totally right.

In my experience, except in some very limited situations, there is usually no connection between a poster's political views and their opinions on football and the Jets.  But it is sometimes hard to keep that in mind when you post on a board where you know what the political opinions are of other posters.  Worst is where disagreements about politics are carried over into disagreements about the Jets and football, or vice versa.  It adds a totally inappropriate, and weird, angle to the forum.  Yes, it can on occasion be somewhat refreshing to see, for example, that someone you totally disagree with on politics can be someone you can still find agreement with on, say, Geno Smith.  But that hardly makes up for the weirdness and the related problems.

Add in that if you want to talk politics there are plenty of other and better places to do so, and this forum's rule on the subject is one I am not only in complete agreement with, but is a big reason I have chosen to become a regular poster here.

Well said. I would like to add I would share a meal with any politically affiliated person  and happily talk football with them.  

On 7/25/2016 at 3:53 PM, Maxman said:

Just want to drop a brief reminder that we ask everyone here to avoid personal attacks and not post politics. Also nudity and cursing aren't allowed.

As we approach the season we have no choice but to enforce these rules more tightly. Not sure if more tightly is proper English, so please forgive me. 

Anyhow several members have been banned this week. Hopefully we can just start enjoying NJ Jets football really soon. If you don't like someone just put them on ignore.

Thanks.

I'll be good mister. I promise!

11 hours ago, flgreen said:

It basically is, but the Jets QB is far more important that POTUS.

People actually want the Jets QB job.

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well said. I would like to add I would share a meal with any politically affiliated person  and happily talk football with them.  

Chris Christie?

Not only would it be an awful conversation about football, but you also would go home hungry.

Part of the attraction of football (for me anyway) is to escape the b/s of culture wars and politics.

Frequenting JN is part of that escape.

It also pisses me off when out on the town seeing a show or concert a paid

entertainer feels the need to make political comments.

Really? Is that what we paid for? 

I am all for keeping JN free of politics..........and Pats trolls.

10 minutes ago, Rexorcism said:

Hes not going to prison, dude. I hope you're right but I think they probably go 3-1 or 4-0 without him and then he comes back and doesn't miss a beat.

I've stopped trying to predict Brady's demise. It just seems like it's never going to happen.

Untill his HGH wears off he will be Brady.

I'm just hoping for some "rugged" tackling from the D-Lines he's facing may make him want to retire soon.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

The question should have been who wouldn't you eat with if they were buying??:)

45 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Remember when I got perma banned because of Sarah Palin?  Those were good times.

Good times are what's ahead. For example, I just noticed your avatar. Examining the left image:

9661311020343-Illinois-v-Penn-StA.jpg  

Is this Hackenberg audible-ing into O'Brien's famous Tatanka play?

hqdefault.jpg

I think yes.

6 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

He can't throw a ball to any nfl players and he can't talk to the Patriots in any way. He isn't going to prison but he's still only a 38 year old male human.

They better be 1-3  at best before that

Archived