hybrid linebackers

jetfan39

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Two of those guys were big safeties moved to small LB which is the route I would have preferred we had taken for the position.

Why? Do you think that a small LB converted to the hybrid would lack the coverage skills that a safety converted into a hybrid would supposedly have?

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Why? Do you think that a small LB converted to the hybrid would lack the coverage skills that a safety converted into a hybrid would supposedly have?

All things being equal with the players in question...  wouldn't you expect somebody who played a majority of his snaps in the secondary to have better developed coverage skills than somebody who played a majority of their snaps at LB?

Just now, Bergen Jet said:

All things being equal with the players in question...  wouldn't you expect somebody who played a majority of his snaps in the secondary to have better developed coverage skills than somebody who played a majority of their snaps at LB?

Sure in some cases.  Unless he was used as a hybrid in college in which case it shouldn't matter. Lee sure will be interesting to watch.

42 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That is one of the reasons and draft pick/value is the other.  If i am picking a LB in the 1st round I want a top pass rusher or a top run defender.  Believe me I hope like heck I am wrong about Lee and he is a real weapon on D makes a ton of plays but I'd rather get a biog safety who is deemed a bit slow to be a true safety but has good instincts.

18 hours ago, Beerfish said:

That is one of the reasons and draft pick/value is the other.  If i am picking a LB in the 1st round I want a top pass rusher or a top run defender.  Believe me I hope like heck I am wrong about Lee and he is a real weapon on D makes a ton of plays but I'd rather get a biog safety who is deemed a bit slow to be a true safety but has good instincts.

You do know that Lee was a safety before he played LB at OSU

16 minutes ago, cant wait said:

You do know that Lee was a safety before he played LB at OSU

Mark Barron was a bust at Safety and played extremely well at OLB last year and got a huge pay day.  Landon Collins on the Giants will probably end up converting to Linebacker in the next 1-2 years.   It's a trend.

4 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Gotta get him signed first. Remains unsigned due to failure of Macc to guarantee fifth year. Stupid. If he hasn't played well in three or four years simply don't exercise fifth year option.

Isn't it 4th year guarantees?

Archived