Look who's hanging out together in Chicago

AFJF

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryan Fitzpatrick and Jets’ Brandon Marshall hang out in Chicago

Apparently Ryan Fitzpatrick started responding to his text messages.

Last week Brandon Marshall was alarmed when he said the free agent bearded quarterback stopped responding to his texts, but on Monday night the receiverposted an Instagram photo of him and Fitzpatrick (along with two of Fitzpatrick’s children) in Chicago.

“My boy and his boys stopped in #chicago to say hello,” Marshall wrote.

Fitzpatrick may be Marshall’s “boy,” but at the moment, Geno Smith is his quarterback. That’s because, despite the wishes of many of the players, the team has yet to work out a deal to re-sign Fitzpatrick after months of negotiation have yielded no results.

Follow the Daily News Sports on Facebook. "Like" us here.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has been deadlocked in contract negotiations with the Jets, much to the dismay of friend and teammate Brandon Marshall (r.) pays a visit to the receiver in Chicago Monday.

Ryan Fitzpatrick, who has been deadlocked in contract negotiations with the Jets, much to the dismay of friend and teammate Brandon Marshall (r.) pays a visit to the receiver in Chicago Monday.

(TOM SZCZERBOWSKI/GETTY IMAGES)

The Jets offered Fitzpatrick a three-year, $24 million contract with $15 million in guarantees, but the Daily News reported earlier Monday that the team actually has made multiple offers to the veteran quarterback.

The entire situation could come to a head soon as Jets players report to training camp at the team’s Florham Park facility on Wednesday, with practice starting on Thursday.

Fitzpatrick led the Jets to a 10-win season last year but failed to earn the final victory needed for a playoff berth. He threw a franchise record 31 touchdown passes in the 10-6 campaign.

I dont believe in Fitz talent, but the amount of love this guy is getting is seriously putting a rainy cloud over Geno Smith. I hope Geno see's this as an opportunity to show-&-prove and not the opportunity to pout about it. But when your #1 WR is doing this, KNOWING that it will become a story it shows bare minimum that Geno has alot that he has to prove to his teammates. 

I dont think anyone questioned Geno's physical ability, but man, I would think that Marshall would atleast have enough respect to say "I have to keep the image of cohesiveness in case they dont resign Fitz". Instead, this guy is taking pics with his children days before the beginning of training camp. 

Geno better step up, no amount of support from some of us fans is going to do a thing to change this. This guy better be approaching this season as if his life depended on it. 

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont believe in Fitz talent, but the amount of love this guy is getting is seriously putting a rainy cloud over Geno Smith. I hope Geno see's this as an opportunity to show-&-prove and not the opportunity to pout about it. But when your #1 WR is doing this, KNOWING that it will become a story it shows bare minimum that Geno has alot that he has to prove to his teammates. 

I dont think anyone questioned Geno's physical ability, but man, I would think that Marshall would atleast have enough respect to say "I have to keep the image of cohesiveness in case they dont resign Fitz". Instead, this guy is taking pics with his children days before the beginning of training camp. 

Geno better step up, no amount of support from some of us fans is going to do a thing to change this. This guy better be approaching this season as if his life depended on it. 

Marshall and Decker made a "please come back, Fitz" video in the same locker room where Geno was while Fitz was absent.

Decker and Marshall miss camp time together when Geno is trying to make some headway, but it has "nothing to do with Fitz" (wink, wink).

Decker says publicly that Fitz is "the best QB for this team right now"

Marshall is taking pics with Fitz the day before reporting while Fitz is still unsigned.

Plenty of love for Geno on the Internet...not a ton of it from his top two WRs.

Who cares anymore?  Honestly I've tried to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt but he's just being ridiculous and to be honest it's getting to the point where Macc needs to prove a point and go sign McCown (not a great option but a veteran insurance policy).  I love a lot of what Macc has done since being here but at some point I think he needs to say enough is enough and not let a journeyman QB hold this team hostage.  The Jet's have offered from all accounts 3-4 times more than any other team would pay him yet he still continues to hold out for more.  

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

Who cares anymore?  Honestly I've tried to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt but he's just being ridiculous and to be honest it's getting to the point where Macc needs to prove a point and go sign McCown (not a great option but a veteran insurance policy).  I love a lot of what Macc has done since being here but at some point I think he needs to say enough is enough and not let a journeyman QB hold this team hostage.  The Jet's have offered from all accounts 3-4 times more than any other team would pay him yet he still continues to hold out for more.  

Jets fans?

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Jets fans?

I'm not knocking the post it's relevant especially this time of year where he's not signed and there's not a lot else going on I'm just making a point that Fitz and his unreasonable demands in my opinion are really starting to rub Jet fans the wrong way and we're getting to the point of no return where the Jets need to get their roster in order especially at the QB position.

Marshall is a strange dude.  Jay Cutler was going to be the MVP of the league 3 years ago.  Last year, he hand picked the Jets as trading partners because of Geno Smith.  They were roommates when he joined the team.

Now, he's chasing Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick around the country begging him to just take any old deal the Jets offer so they can...what?  Miss the playoffs for the 24 straight combined years?   Or is that what this is how song and dance is about...2 savvy old vets who have never been able to make the postseason, so lets do this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only the Jets...

Just now, drsamuel84 said:

I'm not knocking the post it's relevant especially this time of year where he's not signed and there's not a lot else going on I'm just making a point that Fitz and his unreasonable demands in my opinion are really starting to rub Jet fans the wrong way and we're getting to the point of no return where the Jets need to get their roster in order especially at the QB position.

That's the thing.  What one party sees as unreasonable, another sees as fair.

Clearly the Jets feel Fitz is being unreasonable and Fitz feels Jets are being unreasonable.

Soon enough, they'll find some middle ground and we can move on to the next thing :)

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Marshall is a strange dude.  Jay Cutler was going to be the MVP of the league 3 years ago.  Last year, he hand picked the Jets as trading partners because of Geno Smith.  They were roommates when he joined the team.

Now, he's chasing Ryan ******* Fitzpatrick around the country begging him to just take any old deal the Jets offer so they can...what?  Miss the playoffs for the 24 straight combined years?   Or is that what this is how song and dance is about...2 savvy old vets who have never been able to make the postseason, so lets do this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only the Jets...

Perhaps, after watching both QBs up close and personal, he, like the Jets FO, thinks Fitz is better?

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Perhaps, after watching both QBs up close and personal, he, like the Jets FO, thinks Fitz is better?

Sure.  Upgrading from the ugly girl to the not-as-ugly girl.  

He's still an idiot.  

29 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

If he signs before camp starts no one even remembers this. He hasn't missed any time and he's clearly been in contact with the receivers all offseason.

Some of our wonderful fans say that Marshall is a one man team. That every catch from Fitz last season was a bail out. And that any Qb even a bad one could have done the same thing. And that camaraderie and being on the same page means nothing. Even though these 2 bonded on and off the field. It wasn't just hanging out with their kids. It was football even talking about it at 2 am. These guys worked well together and it showed with a better offense. Some of those great leaping catches were planned plays. Taking advantage of Marshall's talent and size. They weren't inaccurate rag arm throws. He put them into the spot they were supposed to be in. Not every single time. But most of the time. I think the comments we've heard about this have shown a complete lack of understanding about how receivers and Qbs work together. It is important that players want Fitz back esp the two top receivers. If he sucks then believe me kids or no kids playing together they don't want him back. They think he's a good Qb and that we can win with him. 2016 is not a throwaway year to give guys like Geno a tryout. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Some of our wonderful fans say that Marshall is a one man team. That every catch from Fitz last season was a bail out. And that any Qb even a bad one could have done the same thing. And that camaraderie and being on the same page means nothing. Even though these 2 bonded on and off the field. It wasn't just hanging out with their kids. It was football even talking about it at 2 am. These guys worked well together and it showed with a better offense. Some of those great leaping catches were planned plays. Taking advantage of Marshall's talent and size. They weren't inaccurate rag arm throws. He put them into the spot they were supposed to be in. Not every single time. But most of the time. I think the comments we've heard about this have shown a complete lack of understanding about how receivers and Qbs work together. It is important that players want Fitz back esp the two top receivers. If he sucks then believe me kids or no kids playing together they don't want him back. They think he's a good Qb and that we can win with him. 2016 is not a throwaway year to give guys like Geno a tryout. 

Brandon Marshall clearly hates himself.

15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sure.  Upgrading from the ugly girl to the not-as-ugly girl.  

He's still an idiot.  

Six of one/half dozen of the other.

The better QB no matter how anyone chooses to describe it.

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

only the Jets...

Brandon Marshall is a QB slut.  Whoever is throwing him lots of passes lately is "his boy".  Whore.

And what, do you really think Geno would snap that no playoff streak for Marshall?  Fitzy is his best shot.  Just let it happen.  Maybe in 2017 Marshall will be whoring himself to Hackenberg or Petty.

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he signs before camp starts no one even remembers this. He hasn't missed any time and he's clearly been in contact with the receivers all offseason.

And he knows Chan Gailey's playbook like no one else on the offense. 

I really don't get the big deal about this.  Granted the interviews and locker room stuff are one thing, but people think these guys should really be limiting who they are allowed to spend their personal time with based on team crap?  I think that's just a tad bit excessive.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

I really don't get the big deal about this.  Granted the interviews and locker room stuff are one thing, but people think these guys should really be limiting who they are allowed to spend their personal time with based on team crap?  I think that's just a tad bit excessive.

If Fitzpatrick actually isnt back it's a bit insulting to Geno tbh. But Marshall has never been the most self aware person it seems.

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Six of one/half dozen of the other.

The better QB no matter how anyone chooses to describe it.

Sure.  His obsession with a sh*tty QB isnt exclusive.  That's for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Brandon Marshall is a QB slut.  Whoever is throwing him lots of passes lately is "his boy".  Whore.

And what, do you really think Geno would snap that no playoff streak for Marshall?  Fitzy is his best shot.  Just let it happen.  Maybe in 2017 Marshall will be whoring himself to Hackenberg or Petty.

It's going to happen.  There was never any doubt about that.  The issue is, what is in Marshall's head as his perceived best interest doesnt necessarily mean its in the Jets best interest.

And I'll take a guy who's 0-2 than a guy who's 0-12...but that's just me.  Marshall doesnt agree but he's a full fledged moron.  So there's that. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Sure.  His obsession with a sh*tty QB isnt exclusive.  That's for sure. 

It's going to happen.  There was never any doubt about that.  The issue is, what is in Marshall's head as his perceived best interest doesnt necessarily mean its in the Jets best interest.

And I'll take a guy who's 0-2 than a guy who's 0-12...but that's just me.  Marshall doesnt agree but he's a full fledged moron.  So there's that. 

You sure love oversimplifications.  Since Marshall hasn't made the playoffs he must be worse than guys like Troy Brown and Ted Ginn (2 SB appearances), right? 

Just now, Matt39 said:

If Fitzpatrick actually isnt back it's a bit insulting to Geno tbh. But Marshall has never been the most self aware person it seems.

I could get that related to some of the stuff that's been said, but I think it's kind of comical to think that former teammates aren't allowed to hang out on a personal level because it might hurt someone's feelings.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I could get that related to some of the stuff that's been said, but I think it's kind of comical to think that former teammates aren't allowed to hang out on a personal level because it might hurt someone's feelings.

true

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It's probably a signal that everyone knows Fitz will be back sooner or later.  In Marshall and Decker's minds, he was their starting QB last year and still is.

Archived