Look who's hanging out together in Chicago

AFJF

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Or they can keep all of their money while Fitz gets as much as he can from the FO.  It's not their job to fit Fitz under the cap, it's Mac's.

Macc doesn't seem to be worried about fitting him under the cap, otherwise they wouldn't have made the offer.  But just the same Macc also doesn't have to buckle under and pay Fitz more than he thinks Fitz is worth.  Fitz should appreciate that with no one to drive the offer up Macc 4x'd his money from a year ago.  

Its all on Fitz.  If he wants to play with the team and WRs he likes, sign the damn deal. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That Elway helicopter vid is the most over rated over hyped over exposed small highlight perhaps in the history of sports. 

It's way up here, right up with the bloody sock 

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I don't perceive there to be true hate for Fitz(JoeWilly12 excluded) . Its just that some fans think we've seen his ceiling and if that wasn't enough to crack the playoffs how's  he going to elevate this year.  The Jets will have a clearly tougher schedule and DC's will have a year of the Jets version of the Gailey offense on film.

Now Geno on the other hand there's tons of downright hate towards him.

I think you are correct in saying there is not a lot of hate for Fitz and that fans just want a higher ceiling. 

I also agree there is tons of hate for Geno, but that's because fans have seen them both play.  Geno was terrible.

but I know, weaponz and coaching and his brain hurt and all the other excuses.

Just now, Joe Jets fan said:

I think you are correct in saying there is not a lot of hate for Fitz and that fans just want a higher ceiling. 

I also agree there is tons of hate for Geno, but that's because fans have seen them both play.  Geno was terrible.

but I know, weaponz and coaching and his brain hurt and all the other excuses.

Hate is a terrible word. 

4 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Who cares anymore?  Honestly I've tried to give Fitz the benefit of the doubt but he's just being ridiculous and to be honest it's getting to the point where Macc needs to prove a point and go sign McCown (not a great option but a veteran insurance policy).  I love a lot of what Macc has done since being here but at some point I think he needs to say enough is enough and not let a journeyman QB hold this team hostage.  The Jet's have offered from all accounts 3-4 times more than any other team would pay him yet he still continues to hold out for more.  

pretty sure McCown is under contract already

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And did a terrible job at it.  He basically just wanted to compare Geno to a fast black QB, even if it is totally inaccurate (he's not a Vick as a runner, not even close), while simultaneously ripping "old John Elway"'s running skillset, even though he was still a good runner even into his late 30s.  I'll take this kind of running any day:

qxb7G.gif

Elway and Fitzpatrick seem to hold onto the ball when they run. something geno is not known for

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

What's Fitz's motivation to take the deal now?  He knows the Jets only other option is Geno, so he's working from a position of strength as he's already been named the starter.  

Sure, Fitz could've signed by now, but he hasn't.  I don't know why, and I do wish he had, but all that matters to me is that he's there to compete when the bullets start flying.

He'll sign the deal when he's ready.

LOL - if I didn't know you in real life, I would swear you were this guys agent.

Geno has 3 good days of practice and the Jets pull the offer. I am just not a fan of greed and that is what Fitz is right now. Being greedy. So I hope he loses as a result. Regardless he isn't going to win a Super Bowl here because top defenses shut him down regularly, so I hope the Jets pull the offer anyway.

It might not be Geno, but we know Fitz can't win it all. So put me in the camp that says let's keep switching QBs until we find the guy. Fitz isn't the guy. 9 and 7 isn't the goal.

55 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Kinda goes without saying...if he screws this up, he'll never live it down.  Unless the Broncos some injuries and he goes there to win a ring.

He still won't win a ring there and he will make millions less in the process.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will not win a Super Bowl as a QB in the NFL. There, I said it.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

LOL - if I didn't know you in real life, I would swear you were this guys agent.

Geno has 3 good days of practice and the Jets pull the offer. I am just not a fan of greed and that is what Fitz is right now. Being greedy. So I hope he loses as a result. Regardless he isn't going to win a Super Bowl here because top defenses shut him down regularly, so I hope the Jets pull the offer anyway.

It might not be Geno, but we know Fitz can't win it all. So put me in the camp that says let's keep switching QBs until we find the guy. Fitz isn't the guy. 9 and 7 isn't the goal.

Have you ever seen me and Fitz's agent in the same room?

9-7 almost got the Jets to the SB not long ago...with a guy whose been relegated to bench duty for the past few years.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

He still won't win a ring there and he will make millions less in the process.

Ryan Fitzpatrick will not win a Super Bowl as a QB in the NFL. There, I said it.

and looking foolish in the process. you mean to tell me peyton manning had a better year last year than fitz? did peyton manning have anything to do with the super bowl victory whatsoever?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Have you ever seen me and Fitz's agent in the same room?

9-7 almost got the Jets to the SB not long ago...with a guy whose been relegated to bench duty for the past few years.

I am 46 years old, I am tired of the almost seasons. I was at the last two AFC Championship losses. When they almost win and almost make it to the Super Bowl, the 10 hour drive home sucks pretty bad.

No more almost. Get a QB that can win it all because the NFL has set it up so that it is a QB league. 

Fitz isn't that guy. The Jets offered him the best deal he was offered. Saying he will sign it when he is ready is b.s.  He either wants to be here for more than everyone else has offered him or he doesn't. He could have taken MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE ELSE offered him and been here for OTAs working on getting better.

He didn't. He is greedy. If the Jets do sign him I will root for him. But I am hoping they just move on.

8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am 46 years old, I am tired of the almost seasons. I was at the last two AFC Championship losses. When they almost win and almost make it to the Super Bowl, the 10 hour drive home sucks pretty bad.

No more almost. Get a QB that can win it all because the NFL has set it up so that it is a QB league. 

Fitz isn't that guy. The Jets offered him the best deal he was offered. Saying he will sign it when he is ready is b.s.  He either wants to be here for more than everyone else has offered him or he doesn't. He could have taken MORE MONEY THAN ANYONE ELSE offered him and been here for OTAs working on getting better.

He didn't. He is greedy. If the Jets do sign him I will root for him. But I am hoping they just move on.

I don't think he's the guy to win a SB either.

I think he's the guy to mentor the guy I hope will win the SB one day.

Geno?  Likely gone after this season.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And did a terrible job at it.  He basically just wanted to compare Geno to a fast black QB, even if it is totally inaccurate (he's not a Vick as a runner, not even close), while simultaneously ripping "old John Elway"'s running skillset, even though he was still a good runner even into his late 30s.  I'll take this kind of running any day:

qxb7G.gif

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I don't think he was ripping Elway either. I think he was comparing him to an older player who could still run and get a short first down as to Vick-Geno who can rip a 20-30 yard run.

I was actually just kidding with those silly comparisons because 80 gave me a stupid comparison.  But yes.  This ^^^ lol

15 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Sometimes you type some really smart things.

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If he signs before camp starts no one even remembers this. He hasn't missed any time and he's clearly been in contact with the receivers all offseason.

I respectfully disagree. Only because it would be so Jets for Fitz to re-up only to throw multiple picks week 1 at home and have him booed unmercifully by the home faithful..as in we went through an entire off-season of drama to get the real Ryan Fitzpatrick..not last year's anomaly, but the one we saw in week 17.

Holy run on sentence Batman.

17 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

I respectfully disagree. Only because it would be so Jets for Fitz to re-up only to throw multiple picks week 1 at home and have him booed unmercifully by the home faithful..as in we went through an entire off-season of drama to get the real Ryan Fitzpatrick..not last year's anomaly, but the one we saw in week 17.

Holy run on sentence Batman.

What drama? Twitter drama is not real life. If Fitz stinks it up week 1 there's always week 2.

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What drama? Twitter drama is not real life. If Fitz stinks it up week 1 there's always week 2.

JN represents a small sample size of the fan base..but make no mistake our entire fan base is about fed up hearing about Fitz and his contract impasse. 

Theres no way his image is in tact with Jets fans if he sucks week 1 at home. 

There is always week 2, but that doesn't mean he won't hear it week 1 if he's terrible.

You said no one would remember if he signs before camp. I respectfully disagree. Not this fan base. Not sure where Twitter falls into that.

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont believe in Fitz talent, but the amount of love this guy is getting is seriously putting a rainy cloud over Geno Smith. I hope Geno see's this as an opportunity to show-&-prove and not the opportunity to pout about it. But when your #1 WR is doing this, KNOWING that it will become a story it shows bare minimum that Geno has alot that he has to prove to his teammates. 

I dont think anyone questioned Geno's physical ability, but man, I would think that Marshall would atleast have enough respect to say "I have to keep the image of cohesiveness in case they dont resign Fitz". Instead, this guy is taking pics with his children days before the beginning of training camp. 

Geno better step up, no amount of support from some of us fans is going to do a thing to change this. This guy better be approaching this season as if his life depended on it. 

Haven't you figured it out yet?? Geno is a dirtbag. PERIOD. And encouragement doesn't work on him either, just in case that is what you are attempting to do. He's too dumb for that. I can imagine Geno has BARELY been trained enough by the CS to not sh*t on the floor. Get over it. Your hero is a chump. And I will win our bet just as arrogant as I can possibly be....

Just now, Mainejet said:

Haven't you figured it out yet?? Geno is a dirtbag. PERIOD. And encouragement doesn't work on him either, just in case that is what you are attempting to do. He's too dumb for that. I can imagine Geno has BARELY been trained enough by the CS to not sh*t on the floor. Get over it. Your hero is a chump. And I will win our bet just as arrogant as I can possibly be....

This never reflected well on you in my eyes. I laugh at you everytime I see statements like this. 

For the record. lol. 

50 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

JN represents a small sample size of the fan base..but make no mistake our entire fan base is about fed up hearing about Fitz and his contract impasse. 

Theres no way his image is in tact with Jets fans if he sucks week 1 at home. 

There is always week 2, but that doesn't mean he won't hear it week 1 if he's terrible.

You said no one would remember if he signs before camp. I respectfully disagree. Not this fan base. Not sure where Twitter falls into that.

Folks have become way too obsessed with the offseason. The NFL has sucked us all in. Reality is he hasn't missed any practice time and eveything in this league always comes down to the last minute. This only becomes a distraction once practice starts.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am just not a fan of greed and that is what Fitz is right now. Being greedy. So I hope he loses as a result. Regardless he isn't going to win a Super Bowl here because top defenses shut him down regularly, so I hope the Jets pull the offer anyway.

If I remember correctly you made multiple predictions throughout last season that Geno would be starting games for us at some point.  Very steadfast and absolute in your predictions.   

For that reason I find it hard to believe that you just now started disliking Fitzpatrick because of this contract dispute (or greed, as you call it). I think it has more to do with you being a Geno fan, and that is obviously fine. But let's be honest. 

27 minutes ago, Mainejet said:

@Warfish, I assume this is more criticism, and not "hate."

2 hours ago, slats said:

@Warfish, I assume this is more criticism, and not "hate."

I am not Maine, and he does not speak for me, nor for the majority of Geno-critics/Geno-doubters IMO.

Personal criticism of Geno is unwarranted.  Whatever his on-field flaws, we fans know little to nothing about him as a person.

Should I hold you accountable for the guy who calls Ryan "Fitz****face"?  

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

I am not Maine, and he does not speak for me, nor for the majority of Geno-critics/Geno-doubters IMO.

Personal criticism of Geno is unwarranted.  Whatever his on-field flaws, we fans know little to nothing about him as a person.

Should I hold you accountable for the guy who calls Ryan "Fitz****face"?  

I disagree, and other posters who prefer Fitzpatrick have also stated that there's hate directed at Geno, but not really towards Fitzpatrick. When I mention that hate, you feel the need to point out that it's criticism, not hate. I wanted to point out that, no, it's hate. Mainejet was an easy find, but there are a few others nearly as overt. 

If you remove the two or three crackpots that say stupid sh*t from both sides of this argument... You also remove the straws that both sides spend days grasping at.

I'm more interested in why Fitz needs s contract in order to be friends with Marshall.

20 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If you remove the two or three crackpots that say stupid sh*t from both sides of this argument... You also remove the straws that both sides spend days grasping at.

I'm more interested in why Fitz needs s contract in order to be friends with Marshall.

Same reason I need you to play Mafia. I would miss you otherwise . 

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Folks have become way too obsessed with the offseason. The NFL has sucked us all in. Reality is he hasn't missed any practice time and eveything in this league always comes down to the last minute. This only becomes a distraction once practice starts.

...which is today.

Archived