The Irony of the Fitz Situation

JohnnyLV

There seems to an increasing amount of smoke coming from the Fitz situaton so it seems the Jets may cave and sign him.

The ironic thing is that if the Jets do sign Fitz it could be the best situation for Geno.

Our first 6 games are BRUTAL. Looking at Fitz career against good teams which us abysmal it is likely that Fitz will fail spectacularly. 

If that happens, the Jets could likely move to Geno around game 7, with a much more favorable schedule down the stretch and a real opportunity to perform well. 

And it could extend his career.

On the flip side, if Fitz is not signed, Geno could have a real struggle, and it could be Hackenburg time.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadder is Jets fans like us have to endure all this the organization pits fans against each other.

Wow...maybe you're right. Maybe Macc was actually brought on board to malevolently turn the fan base into hate mongering robots. Maybe every ticket purchased actually has a slip of chemicals attached to it that forces us to pick sides in such an aggressive manner that we kill each other off until no one can complain. Scary stuff.

43 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

There seems to an increasing amount of smoke coming from the Fitz situaton so it seems the Jets may cave and sign him.

The ironic thing is that if the Jets do sign Fitz it could be the best situation for Geno.

Our first 6 games are BRUTAL. Looking at Fitz career against good teams which us abysmal it is likely that Fitz will fail spectacularly. 

If that happens, the Jets could likely move to Geno around game 7, with a much more favorable schedule down the stretch and a real opportunity to perform well. 

On the flip side, if Fitz is not signed, Geno could have a real struggle, and it could be Hackenburg time.

I hear what you're saying, but I'm not interested in Geno getting the nod because Fitz decided to be Fitz when playing against average-to-legit teams. Putting Geno in when the schedule is no longer tough isn't going to answer real questions about Geno's ability against better teams. Geno needs to be put to the test. All that will happen is people will say that "Geno came in when the schedule became easier and he took advantage". And they will be correct. We know what Fitz is against average to elite teams in the league on a consistent basis. We need to find out what Geno is and stop letting emotions (from some players for example) get involved. Geno is 25 yrs old in a contract year. To guarantee Fitz this job is reckless. Fitz probably won't come here for anything less, but then again what other team can he go to right now and be guaranteed that he can compete for the starting spot? Shelving Geno is a bad decision, even if it means that he got the job because Fitz dropped the ball during that crazy stretch. 

52 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Always interesting when someone cheers more for the name on the back of the jersey than the front.

56 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If Hackeburg takes a starting snap this season might as well cut him now.

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sadder is Jets fans like us have to endure all this the organization pits fans against each other.

Totally.

In fact, I just came from a meeting where the key discussion points were:

1. What flavor K-cups do we run out of fastest?
  2. Did anyone see that video of the lady getting dragged away by the tiger?
  3. What progress are we making towards ensuring that our customers argue with each on the internet?

Needless to say, the tiger video is pretty much a game changer.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If Hackeburg takes a starting snap this season might as well cut him now.

Are you kidding, he's already a bust. Cut now. Let him shine in another team's preseason games, and then clamor for us to SIGN THIS BEAST.

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

OMG - the thought of how amazing this place will be if Fitz is signed and the Jets go 1-5 or 0-6 or something like that...the internet might break.  Legit.

True.  If Geno does the same, it'll be those damn, dumb stupid weapons and Chan Gaileys archaic offense.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

True.  If Geno does the same, it'll be those damn, dumb stupid weapons and Chan Gaileys arcaic offense.

Are you sure it wouldnt be that he sucks and is a bust?  

Would do you think the reasoning would be if Fitz does 1-5 or 0-6?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I can only speak for myself.

It'd be something along the lines of "dammit, I hoped 20 PPG would be enough to weather the tough early schedule.  Time to start whichever of the 3 kids has shown the most...take care, Fitz"

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Yeah, the Jets are pitting fans against each other.  Lol, Macc should do a fact finding pole before signing a player. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fitz + the opposite of whatever the real reason + the curse + Tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I can only speak for myself.

It'd be something along the lines of "dammit, I hoped 20 PPG would be enough to weather the tough early schedule.  Time to start whichever of the 3 kids has shown the most...take care, Fitz"

Totally seems worth it...

21 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Are you kidding, he's already a bust. Cut now. Let him shine in another team's preseason games, and then clamor for us to SIGN THIS BEAST.

Or more likely have him go on and play well somewhere else after Macc dumps him like the fans want him to and then cry SOJs.

Kind of like Danny Woodhead 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Totally seems worth it...

Huh?  Worth what?  Are you suggesting that because you've pitched a hypothetical record to me and that I've responded the way I have that said poor start is a done deal?

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Huh?  Worth what?  Are you suggesting that because you've pitched a hypothetical record to me and that I've responded the way I have that said poor start is a done deal?

haha - no.  I'm just kind of laughing to myself that it would be like, eh...no big deal, on to the next. Which would be hilarious considering the boner you have for the guy and the amount Fitz championing you've been doing this offseason while this dude has held the Jets hostage.

My worth it comment is more like...if he started that way...I would look back at this offseason and say..."Totally seems worth it...."

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

haha - no.  I'm just kind of laughing to myself that it would be like, eh...no big deal, on to the next. Which would be hilarious considering the boner you have for the guy and the amount Fitz championing you've been doing this offseason while this dude has held the Jets hostage.

My worth it comment is more like...if he started that way...I would look back at this offseason and say..."Totally seems worth it...."

Given that Fitz would be easily cuttable after '16 based on how the contract will likely be structured, and that many people want to see Geno/Hack/Petty at some point in '16, and also would love a shot at the top pick in '17, yes, it would be worth it in the unlikely event your scenario occurs, no?

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Oh...you're surprised that I don't get all emotionally imbalanced when things don't go the way I want them to.  

Gotcha.

BTW....you coming up to any games this year?

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Given that Fitz would be easily cuttable after '16 based on how the contract will likely be structured, and that many people want to see Geno/Hack/Petty at some point in '16, and also would love a shot at the top pick in '17, yes, it would be worth it, no?

No.  NO.  HELL NO.  Are you kidding me?  

It would be nice consolation prize but if this team let him hold them hostage all offseason to immediately tank, I'd want to rip every single hair out of his beautiful beard and feed them to him on a burning rice cake (dont ask why the burning rice cake).

It would basically prove everything I've been saying and taking away our chance to asses the future.  Stepping into a situation when you're 0-6 or 1-5 is completely different than being the start from D1.  Not even comparable scenarios.  

Just now, JiF said:

No.  NO.  HELL NO.  Are you kidding me?  

It would be nice consolation prize but if this team let him hold them hostage all offseason to immediately tank, I'd want to rip every single hair out of his beautiful beard and feed them to him on a burning rice cake (dont ask why the burning rice cake).

It would basically prove everything I've been saying and taking away our chance to asses the future.  Stepping into a situation when you're 0-6 or 1-5 is completely different than being the start from D1.  Not even comparable scenarios.  

You oppose the Fitz signing because you view him as mediocre, and only capable of taking us to 8-8.  You support Geno starting because you believe he has higher upside, and that if he fails, we'll get a top pick.

If Fitz tanks, that's not better than him going 8-8 and having us treading water?

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Oh...you're surprised that I don't get all emotionally imbalanced when things don't go the way I want them to.  

Gotcha.

BTW....you coming up to any games this year?

Who are you kidding?  You're overtly emotionally imbalanced about the idea of Geno starting over Fitz. ;-)

And yes.  CJ lives in Jersey City these days. I just told Maxman to prepare his body....errrr, mind for us because I'm going to be crashing all of the tailgates this season!!!!

Just now, JiF said:

Who are you kidding?  You're overtly emotionally imbalanced about the idea of Geno starting over Fitz. ;-)

And yes.  CJ lives in Jersey City these days. I just told Maxman to prepare his body....errrr, mind for us because I'm going to be crashing all of the tailgates this season!!!!

It's a way to kill time in the offseason.

Football starts on Thursday as far as I'm concerned, and I hope everyone in Green and White plays lights out...though I doubt they will.

Awesome...looking forward to a couple beers at the tailgate!

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

It's a way to kill time in the offseason.

Football starts on Thursday as far as I'm concerned, and I hope everyone in Green and White plays lights out...though I doubt they will.

Awesome...looking forward to a couple beers at the tailgate!

Likewise.  

I'm relying on you for numerous detailed, UNBIASED, camp updates.   lol

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Likewise.  

I'm relying on you for numerous detailed, UNBIASED, camp updates.   lol

Totally unbiased...gonna call it like I see it.

Although @KRL will be handling the overview for the first four days, I'll be focusing on a few individual players each day.

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Or more likely have him go on and play well somewhere else after Macc dumps him like the fans want him to and then cry SOJs.

Kind of like Danny Woodhead 

I never wanted us to dump Woodhead. Dude could have been the centerpiece of our offense for crying out loud!!!! 

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I never wanted us to dump Woodhead. Dude could have been the centerpiece of our offense for crying out loud!!!! 

There were so many crazy posts with that one.

1.  Woodheads taking a roster spot over the Clown?  WTF is the matter with this team.  

2. Great dumped him for Clowney.

3.  Or did we dump him for McKnight 

4.  He went to the Pats?  We released him for that scrub Clowney

5.  SOJ

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

1.  Woodheads taking a roster spot over the Clown?  WTF is the matter with this team.  

5.  SOJ

Yea, everyone was trying so hard to will McKnight into being as good as Leon Washington, meanwhile, Woodhead is right there as a better player than both x 1000.

Accountants should not be general managers, and coaches should not be nitwits.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, everyone was trying so hard to will McKnight into being as good as Leon Washington, meanwhile, Woodhead is right there as a better player than both x 1000.

He was an offensive player - of course Rex didn't need him and all that.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

5.  SOJ

Joe Fing McKnight made my hometown CFL team this year.  I warned the fan base about his guy but many were all gaga about getting a kick returner that had been to the pro bowl.

Second game of the year he bobbles one punt fumbles twice and loses both of them.  He  is now on the psquad.

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Meanwhile Woodhead was cut for Clowney, not McKnight.  Rex supposedly wanted this as a one week deal.  

Archived