per Ian Rapoport no deal for Fitz before camp

F.Chowds

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you are implying we arent built to win now?  Explain 

Just messin with ya. I am with you - we are built to win now even though it would be  a huge upset with so many other teams having better overall talent. This is why it's imperative to get Fitz back - he's our Obi-Wan Kenobie.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Powpow said:

Just messin with ya. I am with you - we a rebuilt to win now even though it would be  a huge upset with so many other teams having better overall talent. This is why it's imperative to get Fitz back - he's our Obi-Wan Kenobie.

Disagree come on man Fitz really? he's a choke artist has never sniffed the playoffs 

1 minute ago, jfmckenna said:

Imagine being Geno Smith.

A journeyman, below average career quarterback - with no other options- is using the prospect of you starting as his only point of leverage.

And, it's working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The flip side is worse Ryan Fitzpatrick an 11 year veteran is without a job today and now that Foles is available he might be without a job all season 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

"LOL"? Did you laugh incredibly? Are you amazed? :rolleyes:

I'm surprised something as stupid as this drivel came from you. Differing opinions aside, you've never presented as an idiot. Huh...

So it sounds like you believe (densely) that coming into the middle of camp is "OK".. that it wouldn't make a difference to have him here for the entire offseason program? that getting acclimated, and working on improving on his mediocre year is a low priority? Did you forget that he was here the WHOLE offseason last year? That our schedule is dramatically more difficult? that he has a history of regression? That nobody should be taking any time off? Do you have any intelligent remarks besides LOL?

Point 1 Of course it would be nice to have him here at start of camp but Fitz knows Gailey's system better than any QB in this league. It's not like he has to 'learn' the ins and outs of it. 

point 2 Fitz was the backup last year- he didn't get most of the reps - Geno did. Fitz was here offseason but didn't practice much due to his leg. 

Point 3 Fitz needs to be working on his mediocre year? Now that's some dumb sh*t right there. Nearly 4000 yards passing 31 td's and an eyelash fingertip catch by Tompkins away from making the playoffs. Sniff Sniff Joewilly12. 

Point 4 history of regression? He's played on different teams the last few years and talent wise it hasn't been on par with the better teams so that argument holds no water. Besides he had his best year ever last year to EVERYONE'S surprise. So much so that Mac is being super patient with this soap opera.  He is peaking as a seasoned mature vet and still has plenty gas in his tank. I see him having an even better year.....as does Decker, Marshall, Revis and Mac who have repeatedly voiced their support of Fitz returning. ?

53 minutes ago, Powpow said:

He's a seasoned vet. He doesn't need it. He knows Gailey's of fence like the back of his hand.  He has 2 veteran wr's in Deck n Marsh.  He can come in mud August and would be like he didn't miss a beat.  So what's the panic. You want to panic? Think of Geno being the starter for the first 8 weeks of the regular season. I hope you have health insurance.

New pieces at RB, OL and for all intents and purposes TE , he needs reps to build continuity with the offense. I don't care if he can solve a rubik's cube in 10 seconds or if he knows the playbook cold he still needs reps to gel with the rest of the team , reps he got last year that's he'd had zilch of so far this season. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000677176/article/jets-might-make-one-last-run-at-ryan-fitzpatrickJets players have reported to camp. Ryan Fitzpatrick wasn't among that group. Rinse and repeat.

But wait! Could we have a sudden breakthrough on the Ryan Fitzpatrick stalemate?

0ap3000000659416.jpg

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL Network's Inside Training Camp Live there's a feeling that the Jets will make one last run at Fitzpatrick, trying to sign him before practice starts Thursday.

We've covered how Fitzpatrick's absence will prompt the ascension of Geno Smith, and an added reliance on rookie Christian Hackenberg (and the overlooked Bryce Petty) as backups. The future is uncertain without Fitzpatrick under center, compared to a 10-win campaign that ended with the Jets tantalizingly close to the playoffs and Fitzpatrick among the greatest Jets passers ever.

It's a running tale that has grown tired, has struck fear in the heart of one Jets receiver and has dominated offseason conversation surrounding the team. Never mind that New York just signed its first-round pick on Wednesday; any hope to remedy the situation at signal-caller takes precedence.

While coach Todd Bowles assures media members that he has full confidence in Smith, actions behind the scenes signal otherwise. Might FitzMagic return to Florham Park, New Jersey, and later, Metlife Stadium? We must wait and see.

On 7/26/2016 at 5:56 PM, Mogglez said:

I loatheeeee the "a friend of a friend who works for _____ said _____ etc."

But...ironically I got a text message this AM from someone that I'm friends with who is interning with the Jets.  He sent me this:

2PqCcbH.jpg

He doesn't usually mess around with us and as I said, I usually loattttthe this kind of stuff so I really debated whether or not to actually post this. Decided "f*ck it". If he's right, that's awesome.  If not?  Well it's a slow offseason and it's relevant to this thread so no harm, no foul.  Only reason I really went through with it is because I do know for a fact that he is interning with the Jets and is a huge Jets fan.

Obviously anything personal was redacted. If it's true, I just hope we aren't going above or beyond 2 yrs 12Mil per with minimal guarantees in year 2.  That's what first offer reportedly was and, in my opinion, is what Fitzpatrick is worth...maybe even a little more than what he's truly "worth".

Obviously Rapsheet has more "sources" but no one outside this organization seems to have a damn clue what Macc will do so we'll see. I know there's been instances, even here, where news or signings were broke ln by "lesser known" employees so let the countdown begin...

Oh....well then. Guess my friend and I were both right. 

50 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Oh....well then. Guess my friend and I were both right. 

And I said before THANK YOU SOOOOOOOooooooo Much!!!!

People out here act like babies....

If your friend is at liberty can you ask about the deadline was it real or not?

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Do you know how interns are treated? They don't get scoops so that is either made up or oh well it doesn't matter.

It is 9am now I'll wait for the big announcement. ?

So you think we can get press passes now? I'm basically Rapaport and Schefter combined ?

2 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Rough time for Smith Fans.

Great time for Jets fans though.  Best available QB is on back under center, and the young QB's have a pro to learn from.  Perfect short and long-term scenario.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Great time for Jets fans though.  Best available QB is on back under center, and the young QB's have a pro to learn from.  Perfect short and long-term scenario.

Totally agree.

THis thread makes for a very amusing read now, especially those posts made just before the announcement.

For me, I now look forward to focusing more on the other parts of the team, and it remains to be seen how well holes elsewhere will be filled, and especially whether linebacker will be an upgraded corps.  But for now, it smells like napalm in the morning.

I do hope they cut Geno.  I have never seen a young player sh*tted on by fans as much as this guy.  He seems to have little or no support in the locker room or front office and it has to be very awkward and some degree, embarassing for him just showing up.  If Petty shows anything in Preseason, his my back up and Geno is cut.  In fact, if I were Geno I would ask Macc to be released now, to have a chance to sign on somewhere else.  It is time to end this chapter and start fresh.  

Archived