NFL.com Bold Predictions Article

AFJF

Here's the AFC East...click the link for more teams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000675407/article/nfl-bold-predictions-going-out-on-a-limb-with-each-afc-team

AFC EAST

Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan's team ends Seattle's run as the NFL's stingiest scoring defense.

Rex Ryan says the Bills won the offseason. I was under the impression that everyone gets a participation trophy (usually wood with a gold-colored foil plate that says "participant") for the offseason. I am OK with saying Buffalo won the draft, however. The Bills picked up two pass rushers and an inside linebacker in Reggie Ragland who is capable of starting Week 1. Throw in an under-the-radar corner in sixth-round pick Kevon Seymour -- as well as the departure of the disgruntled Mario Williams -- and voila: You have a retooled defense. The Seahawks have led the league in points allowed four consecutive years, a record in the modern era. It has to end some time. That Tom Bradywill be suspended for the Week 4 trip to New England certainly helps the cause.

Miami Dolphins: The Fins lead the NFL with 50 sacks.

Mario Williams might be walking intowhat could be the best pass rush in the league. Part of that is because Miami will let him tee off on QBs as a 4-3 DE, which is what Williams has always been best at doing. While many boo-hooedOlivier Vernon's departure, the inconvenient truth is that Vernon only averaged 7.25 sacks per year. Then you have Cameron Wake, who missed much time last season. While he might be considered past his prime at 34, bear in mind he racked up seven sacks in seven games. You think Ndamukong Suh might've heard whispers about his own declining play? I see 30-35 sacks coming from Williams, Wake and a man named Suh.

New England Patriots: Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett combine for 20 scores.

Thankfully, the Deflategate saga is now over. Whether you agree with Tom Brady's or the league's actions, there is no doubt New England's passing game will be weaker during Brady's four-game suspension. You will also hear about the Patriots using the run game more. The beauty of that strategy is that both Gronkowski and Bennett are solid in-line blockers, which means they will be on the field, together, often ... Which also means that, even with Jimmy Garoppolo at quarterback through Week 4, these two tight ends could still combine for a staggering 20 touchdowns in 2016.

New York Jets: Matt Forte rolls up 1,800 yards from scrimmage.

Making a bold prediction about the Jets' defense sounded fun -- maybe something like Leonard Williams making first-team All-Pro in Year 2. Prognosticating that New York would make the postseason with Geno Smithat quarterback darted through my mind, but that felt like a swing and a miss. Then I realized that the Ryan Fitzpatrickand Muhammad Wilkerson sagas have pushed a significant offseason signingunder the carpet. Forte has changed his workout routine -- incorporating Pilates -- in an effort to stay productive at 30. With Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker outside, and with Forte's ability to catch the football, the lofty yards-from-scrimmage total of 1,800 -- which he topped in both 2013 and 2014 -- is within reach.

Buffalo Bills: Rex Ryan's team ends Seattle's run as the NFL's stingiest scoring defense.

maybe but close

Miami Dolphins: The Fins lead the NFL with 50 sacks.

no

New England Patriots: Rob Gronkowski and Martellus Bennett combine for 20 scores.

of course not

New York Jets: Matt Forte rolls up 1,800 yards from scrimmage.

maybe,i have no clue

Baltimore Ravens: Steve Smith Sr. joins Jerry Rice in the "1,000 yards after Year 15" club.

Yes

Cincinnati Bengals: Cincy misses the playoffs for the first time in six years

yes

Houston Texans: J.J. Watt finishes no higher than third in Defensive Player of the Year voting.

yes and lower

Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck becomes the sixth player to pass for 5,000 yards in a season -- but Indy still finishes third.

Colts win division

Jacksonville Jaguars: Gus Bradley's squad wins the AFC South.

no.

Tennessee Titans: This offense leads the league in rushing.

no one carers

Denver Broncos: Mark Sanchez holds off Paxton Lynch all season.

no one cares

I think she is sort of attractive. I like her sass

patswag.gif

34 minutes ago, Hackenberg said:

maybe but close

no

of course not

maybe,i have no clue

Yes

yes

yes and lower

Colts win division

Jacksonville Jaguars: Gus Bradley's squad wins the AFC South.

no.

Tennessee Titans: This offense leads the league in rushing.

no one carers

Denver Broncos: Mark Sanchez holds off Paxton Lynch all season.

no one cares

I think she is sort of attractive. I like her sass

patswag.gif

That's not what she said. She said yeah yeah yeah yeah YEAH...She's not wicked Smaaaht or any other kind of smaaaht. She does look cute next to that silver pile of lard, but she's all yours man. 

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Here's the AFC East...click the link for more teams

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000675407/article/nfl-bold-predictions-going-out-on-a-limb-with-each-afc-team

AFC EAST

Rex Ryan says the Bills won the offseason. I was under the impression that everyone gets a participation trophy (usually wood with a gold-colored foil plate that says "participant") for the offseason. I am OK with saying Buffalo won the draft, however. The Bills picked up two pass rushers and an inside linebacker in Reggie Ragland who is capable of starting Week 1. Throw in an under-the-radar corner in sixth-round pick Kevon Seymour -- as well as the departure of the disgruntled Mario Williams -- and voila: You have a retooled defense. The Seahawks have led the league in points allowed four consecutive years, a record in the modern era. It has to end some time. That Tom Bradywill be suspended for the Week 4 trip to New England certainly helps the cause.

This wasn't a bold prediction until Rex got there

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 8:12 AM, BroadwayJets said:

This wasn't a bold prediction until Rex got there

BUF was 15th in the NFL in pts allowed and 19th in yards allowed.  Total regression in Rex's first year.  And I see nothing significant to suggest they will improve.  Good players...not a great unit, and bringing in Rob doesn't seem likely to help.  I dunno but I don't see BUF climbing to anywhere near the top of the league in points allowed this year. 

Chris Ivory started the 15 season as my favorite player on O, and for awhile there that looked well deserved.  Then just like everyone else I saw him fade, and OF COURSE Marshall ended up being my favorite on O, along with perennial Mangold.

Given that fade, will Forte actually be an upgrade?  I agree this could be the biggest off season move improving the team of all.  If I had to bet, it probably will be.

Best of luck to Chris and all, and we loved his style here.  But...

Looking forward very much to Matt's play for us.

12 minutes ago, Big Blocker said:

Chris Ivory started the 15 season as my favorite player on O, and for awhile there that looked well deserved.  Then just like everyone else I saw him fade, and OF COURSE Marshall ended up being my favorite on O, along with perennial Mangold.

Given that fade, will Forte actually be an upgrade?  I agree this could be the biggest off season move improving the team of all.  If I had to bet, it probably will be.

Best of luck to Chris and all, and we loved his style here.  But...

Looking forward very much to Matt's play for us.

Forte is really good player but didn't he last year in Chicago fade too. And he's similar to Bilal Powell who to me is more effective in a secondary back role. I don't think as lead back he would do that job. We need a power back in the equation and hopefully Khiry Robinson does well in that role. But he's coming off of a broken leg. And then we just added Pollard. So Mac has done a good job putting together a group of Rbs. The short passing game should really be exciting. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Forte is really good player but didn't he last year in Chicago fade too. And he's similar to Bilal Powell who to me is more effective in a secondary back role. I don't think as lead back he would do that job. I think we need a power back in the equation and hopefully Khiry Robinson does well in that role. But he's coming off of a broken leg. And then we just added Pollard, So I think Mac has done a good job putting together a group of Rbs. The short passing game should really be exciting. 

Nice post, and I did not mean to discount the other RB's.  Still I see Forte as Ivory's replacement, and am hoping it's at least not a downgrade.

As for Forte's year last year, I was not able to follow the Bears much, so the main thing I know is Forte was great in 13 and 14, and there's no good reason to think he's done.  I have to add in here without having seen much of them that I for some reason think they are not a well run team, so there's that.

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

Nice post, and I did not mean to discount the other RB's.  Still I see Forte as Ivory's replacement, and am hoping it's at least not a downgrade.

As for Forte's year last year, I was not able to follow the Bears much, so the main thing I know is Forte was great in 13 and 14, and there's no good reason to think he's done.  I have to add in here without having seen much of them that I for some reason think they are not a well run team, so there's that.

I think if Amaro is in the mix again the short passing game could be very good. And a chain mover in terms of first downs. But Ivory really helped to win a lot of those games. 

Archived