Jets ink RB Bernard Pierce, Waive Zac Stacy

JetNation

Zac Stacy

By Glenn Naughton

After reportedly failing his team physical, running back Zac Stacy has been waived by Gang Green and replaced by former Baltimore Raven and Jacksonville Jaguar running back Bernard Pierce.

Pierce, a four-year pro out of Temple has struggled since a strong rookie season in 2012 when he averaged 4.9 yards per carry on 108 attempts with the Ravens.

Since then, Pierce has averaged just 3.2 YPC, racking up 813 yards on 251 attempts.

With running backs Matt Forte, Bilal Powell and Khiry Robinson already under contract, JetNation.com had speculated recently that Stacy was likely on thin ice as training camp approached, and his failed physical clearly did little to help.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

mRLAv1j-hww

Click here to read the full story...

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bernard Pierce actually was taking Rice's job in Baltimore before the criminal act. Ray was toast before not playing in almost two years. 

Pierce sucks hes a shell of his former self Ray Rice is well rested fresh legs offers more my opinion.

I think this will be a position (the #3 RB spot) where the Jets may cut and sign multiple players before the season starts. No surprise that Stacy was waived but I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets decided to cut Pierce and sign someone else before pre-season. I think we're going to see a few moves like this as rosters start to get trimmed down.

For example, I wouldn't be surprised if Vander Laan was also cut at some point, replaced by a real TE, who may also be cut once before the season starts.    

Sad state of affairs hen your teams top priority is Ryan Fitzpatrick 

I agree how could they make resigning a qb who broke multiple franchise records the previous year their top priority...someone should fire those dopes.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived