NFL exonerates Peyton Manning of using HGH/other PEDs

Sperm Edwards

ae4fe574f843c98c62236acd067d5ff3126bbdd9 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/nfl-exonerates-peyton-manning/

NFL exonerates Peyton Manning

SAN JOSE, CA - FEBRUARY 01:  Peyton Manning #18 of the Denver Broncos addresses the media at Super Bowl Opening Night Fueled by Gatorade at SAP Center on February 1, 2016 in San Jose, California.  (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)Getty Images

When Al Jazeera linked multiple NFL players to PED use last December, the report resonated nationally for one of them. And that player has become the first one to be cleared.

“Following a comprehensive seven-month investigation into allegations made in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America, the NFL found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances, it was announced today,” the league said in a statement.

“The Mannings were fully cooperative with the investigation and provided both interviews and access to all records sought by the investigators. Initiated in January, the investigation was led by the NFL’s security and legal teams with support from expert consultants and other professionals. The investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, online research, and laboratory analysis and review. Separately, the NFL’s investigation continues into the documentary’s allegations made against other NFL players, which involve different lines of inquiry and witnesses.”

The league didn’t disclose exactly what happened during the “seven-month” investigation. Manning, who loudly denied HGH use in multiple interviews given after the story first emerged, undoubtedly denied it loudly during his interview with the NFL.

The only way for the NFL to know definitively whether Manning did or didn’t use HGH would be to receive full and complete records from the Guyer Institute in Indianapolis regarding treatment received by and medication provided to Manning and his wife, Ashley, during the relevant time period. The statement from the NFL doesn’t specifically identify those records, explaining only that the Mannings “provided access to all records sought by the investigators.” If, in theory, the investigators didn’t seek the right documents, the investigators wouldn’t have gotten the right information.

The report comes at a time when the NFL continues to insist that the other players implicated in the report — Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers, Steelers linebacker James Harrison, and free-agent defensive linemanMike Neal — must submit to interviews even though the only publicly known evidence of HGH use comes from the Al Jazeera report. It will be hard for some (specifically Patriots fans) to reconcile the league’s ongoing investigation of these four players if the NFL already has concluded that the since-retracted claims of Charles Sly, a former Guyer Institute employee who was recorded without his knowledge, are not credible as to Manning.

If they’re not credible as to Manning, how can they be credible as to anyone else?

Permalink 211 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Denver Broncos,Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories

I heard this the other day. Needless to say, the Patriot fans up here are losing their collective sh*t. They think Brady got railroaded, so logically, that means everyone else has to pay in blood for any transgression... or even being linked to anything. Especially Manning, since Manning represents the  most direct challenge to the "my life is great, because Brady is the greatest" mental model here.

52 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I heard this the other day. Needless to say, the Patriot fans up here are losing their collective sh*t. They think Brady got railroaded, so logically, that means everyone else has to pay in blood for any transgression... or even being linked to anything. Especially Manning, since Manning represents the  most direct challenge to the "my life is great, because Brady is the greatest" mental model here.

lol hilarious

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol hilarious

It is, at first. Then, if you're me, you realize... "Ugh. I'm raising my child around these people, and then Google 'best cities to raise a family in'" and realize you're already living in one. Sigh.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It is, at first. Then, if you're me, you realize... "Ugh. I'm raising my child around these people, and then Google 'best cities to raise a family in'" and realize you're already living in one. Sigh.

Move to Rochester. They have canals.

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Presumably you realize that, "Top 10 Places" lists aside, as soon as you hear your kid pronounce chowdah like Mayor Quimby you have to move.

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

He did.

I know the Kelly green glasses make it difficult to see and/or think clearly, but I digress.

Goodell said air pressure is similar to PEDs.  He made that comparison.

I just find it funny that the first family of the NFL's favorite son, has been cleared after seven months of investigations and the guy caught on tape recanted his story, but the four current players still need to interview. 

Did you see Peyton dropped his defamation suit?  Ryan Zimmerman and Ryan Howard have not.  I think Breer put it best, when he surmised that Peytoon 'cooperated' because he is trying to be an NFL Executive.  After 18 month sh*t storm that was Deflategate, Goodell had no intentions of dragging Peyton through the mud.

I don't care that he took it, but stop with the flowery BS.  He was not exonerated, they did not have a piss test that proved he did.  He had a 100 million reasons to take it.

18 hours ago, Larz said:

the only evidence was a statement that was retracted, they didn't have much choice. 

Code for got paid off or threatened by the Manning Mafia.

43 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

He did.

I know the Kelly green glasses make it difficult to see and/or think clearly, but I digress.

I just find it funny that the first family of the NFL's favorite son, has been cleared after seven months of investigations and the guy caught on tape recanted his story, but the four current players still need to interview. 

Did you see Peyton dropped his defamation suit?  Ryan Zimmerman and Ryan Howard have not.  I think Breer put it best, when he surmised that Peytoon 'cooperated' because he is trying to be an NFL Executive.  After 18 month sh*t storm that was Deflategate, Goodell had no intentions of dragging Peyton through the mud.

I don't care that he took it, but stop with the flowery BS.  He was not exonerated, they did not have a piss test that proved he did.  He had a 100 million reasons to take it.

The pink-tinted glass Pats fans wear works the same way. You're part of the most insecure, petty, inferior-complex driven fanbase in all of sports. 

This whole response is clown shoes. Shut up.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

He did.

False.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:27 AM, Integrity28 said:

The pink-tinted glass Pats fans wear works the same way. You're part of the most insecure, petty, inferior-complex driven fanbase in all of sports. 

This whole response is clown shoes. Shut up.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:49 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

False.

Typical Jet Nation response, you are wrong with no examples.  :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

the pats* got caught red handed with physical evidence. 

please share with us the physical evidence for manning taking the peds

because if statements and conspiracy logic are your standard now then the patriots are guilty of;

filming walkthroughs before superbowls

mysterious extra frequencies allowing coaches to talk to brady during the play

stealing playsheets before games

sending ball boys into locker rooms to look at the whiteboards

opponents headsets going dead on key drives in ratsboro

ernie adams

you sure you want to go with statements and innuendo ?

35 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Here's the point that amazingly always shoots right over the insecure Pats fan.

Your team cheats.  Your owner is a cheater.  Your HC is a cheater.  Your QB is a cheater. He was caught.  Your mantra is his cheating wasn't as bad as the rest of the cheating we did.  Or we were punished to harshly.  

What world do you live in where multiple convictions don't lead to harsher fines?  Brady has benefited from cheating too many times.  

Theres proof, there were witnesses, the balls, all evidence backs the charges.  Call me crazy but a little differently than some report without a shred of evidence accusing someone of something there is no proof of.  Of accusations are enough then you'll accept the accusations that the Pats bugged the lockerrom?  That they mess with broadcast signals?  That's two more cheating episodes. Mpeople have made claims of each for a while now, so they count?  Sure.  

Whats even more puzzling is how shocked you seem that Jets fans don't buy in and believe your shlt team is being picked on unfairly.  Or any other fanbase, all who are sick of your teams cheating ways and the pompous, whining pats fans and anyone associated with the Pats who just can't accept that the constant cheating has consequences.

On 7/29/2016 at 3:16 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

False.

Of course...another insightful post.  :rolleyes:

On 7/29/2016 at 2:57 PM, Larz said:

the pats* got caught red handed with physical evidence. 

please share with us the physical evidence for manning taking the peds

because if statements and conspiracy logic are your standard now then the patriots are guilty of;

filming walkthroughs before superbowls

mysterious extra frequencies allowing coaches to talk to brady during the play

stealing playsheets before games

sending ball boys into locker rooms to look at the whiteboards

opponents headsets going dead on key drives in ratsboro

ernie adams

you sure you want to go with statements and innuendo ?

Evidence?  Deflategate showed Goodell does not need evidence.

I am sure like with Roger Clemens' wife and Lance Armstrong's wife, the HGH was for Manning's wife.

As I said before and have on the Baseball Forum, I do not care about HGH.  I think they should take it for such a violent game.  I would say you are an idiot if you do not. 

I am only saying that is funny that after seven months of investigation, that the favored son is cleared and the other players are not.

Of course, you have evidence of all other accusations...right?  :bag:

On 7/29/2016 at 3:24 PM, Jet Nut said:

Here's the point that amazingly always shoots right over the insecure Pats fan.

Your team cheats.  Your owner is a cheater.  Your HC is a cheater.  Your QB is a cheater. He was caught.  Your mantra is his cheating wasn't as bad as the rest of the cheating we did.  Or we were punished to harshly.  

What world do you live in where multiple convictions don't lead to harsher fines?  Brady has benefited from cheating too many times.  

Theres proof, there were witnesses, the balls, all evidence backs the charges.  Call me crazy but a little differently than some report without a shred of evidence accusing someone of something there is no proof of.  Of accusations are enough then you'll accept the accusations that the Pats bugged the lockerrom?  That they mess with broadcast signals?  That's two more cheating episodes. Mpeople have made claims of each for a while now, so they count?  Sure.  

Whats even more puzzling is how shocked you seem that Jets fans don't buy in and believe your shlt team is being picked on unfairly.  Or any other fanbase, all who are sick of your teams cheating ways and the pompous, whining pats fans and anyone associated with the Pats who just can't accept that the constant cheating has consequences.

Witnesses?  Who?  Proof?  What?

47 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Of course...another insightful post.  :rolleyes:

Evidence?  Deflategate showed Goodell does not need evidence.

I am sure like with Roger Clemens' wife and Lance Armstrong's wife, the HGH was for Manning's wife.

As I said before and have on the Baseball Forum, I do not care about HGH.  I think they should take it for such a violent game.  I would say you are an idiot if you do not. 

I am only saying that is funny that after seven months of investigation, that the favored son is cleared and the other players are not.

Of course, you have evidence of all other accusations...right?  :bag:

Witnesses?  Who?  Proof?  What?

False. 

I would not be surprised to find that Manning had used HGH or other PEDs but the evidence is not there to support those allegations.

The result of the NFL investigation was a foregone conclusion. Like everything else, Goodell was going to do whatever was best for the NFL's pecuniary interests. Manning is retired, there's not really anything the NFL can do now except retroactively revoke awards or deny him HOF entry, which the NFL is not going to do. Assuming the evidence was there but disregarded, the NFL wasn't going to tarnish Peyton unless they had no choice. To do so harms Peyton's future with the league plus creates problems for Eli and the Broncos, who are likely the NFL's new darling team. 

The Patriots and Brady only got beat in the face on the deflated balls because they came out attacking so aggressively other teams and the NFL and forced the NFL to act defensively. The NFL ignored complaints about the balls for months. They spent a million dollars on an investigation when the NFL could have accepted the results from the refs at the game and conducted a smaller investigation. Then the Patriots and/or Brady could have spent a million dollars on expert testimony to dispute the results. The NFL tried, over and over to punish them far less--especially Brady. But no, they kept digging in and the NFL had to choose to publicly capitulate and erode Goodell's power under the CBA or take a firm position. If NE and Brady had quietly disagreed then they probably would have suffered a small penalty each and maybe the team lost a draft pick. 

Archived