Foles Is Now Available

KRL

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Think he has to clear waivers first. If the Jets don't want to pay Fitz $12M for 1 year I can't imagine they'd want to pay Foles $11M for 1 year.

The tweet that KRL embedded says Foles is not subject to waivers.

I would sign Foles over Fitz, mainly for age reasons.  However, why wouldn't a team like the Broncos sign him?  He beat out Sanchez in Philly I believe, and has better potential.   

Foles is no savior by any means, has the same turn over issues that have plagued our last two young QBs, but does have a strong arm.  Aside from the one magical year, his stats are pretty identical to Geno, but he was in a better system.  Last year, he was in a bad system and his stats tanked (but I also think he got benched when Gurley finally took off) so as a possible back up type player, can't hurt to try.   

No way any team will pick him up on waivers. The Rams would love that but it's not going to happen. Not sure how much of that contract the Rams are eating. They say Foles asked to be released. Or what it would take to sign him. He does have a relationship with Andy Reid who drafted him. KC could be a good landing spot for him but obviously they have a starting Qb. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No way any team will pick him up on waivers. The Rams would love be that but it's not going to happen. Not sure how much of that contract the Rams are eating. They say Foles asked to be released. Or what it would take to sign him. He does have a relationship with Andy Reid who drafted him. KC could be a good landing spot for him but obviously they have a starting Qb. 

The best landing spot is the NY Jets he's 100x better than Ryan Fitzpatrick has a stronger arm and is younger he's  an upgrade over Fitzpatrick

4 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I would sign Foles over Fitz, mainly for age reasons.  However, why wouldn't a team like the Broncos sign him?  He beat out Sanchez in Philly I believe, and has better potential.   

Foles is no savior by any means, has the same turn over issues that have plagued our last two young QBs, but does have a strong arm.  Aside from the one magical year, his stats are pretty identical to Geno, but he was in a better system.  Last year, he was in a bad system and his stats tanked (but I also think he got benched when Gurley finally took off) so as a possible back up type player, can't hurt to try.   

I think Denver is still hoping to sign the Conquering Hero.  They were really interested after all.

I Agree,  could see Denver getting involved here.  Also Andy Reid had Foles in Philly, needs a backup in KC.  Jets can offer a starting nod or to compete for the top spot

25 minutes ago, BroadwayJets said:

I saw one of the reporters say he doesn't need to clear waivers. He's a FA

Edit: He's also dogsh*t

Seems he also wasn't due $10.75M more this year. That's what I get for not looking it up before posting.

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The tweet that KRL embedded says Foles is not subject to waivers.

Interesting. Thought that after getting cut all players had to. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think Denver is still hoping to sign the Conquering Hero.  They were really interested after all.

I Agree,  could see Denver getting involved here.  Also Andy Reid had Foles in Philly, needs a backup in KC.  Jets can offer a starting nod or to compete for the top spot

Jets have the advantage here Foles can compete for the starting job immediately Denver has Lynch in waiting KC has Alex Smith we are unsettled at QB

Just now, Dcronin said:

I hope they are at the very least going to leak that they are talking to Foles or having him in. Provides some leverage, even just the slightest hint of a possibility.

I hope one better I hope they sign Foles tonight and send fitzpatrick to his 7th team in 12 years 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What I find interesting is the silence of Paxton Lynch.  By most accounts out of their camp, he's clearly behind Sanchez and Trevor Siemien.  

I think Foles will have his options, but I think Denver is his better bet because the team is better there and he faces even less competition for the starting job, unless the Siemien kid is actually better than I've heard (which admittedly is very little).  

1 hour ago, slats said:

Foles was due $10.75M in salary and requested his release? I don't know what he expects to earn. 

But in the game of QB musical chairs, there are now two QBs, one chair, and Maccagnan is operating the music. 

That can't be right.

Looking at Jason's site the $10.75M is next year, and none of it was guaranteed, so his likelihood of seeing it was approximately zero.

It appears the reason the Rams were willing to keep him on was because his $7.75M compensation this year was all guaranteed, and they've already paid $6M of it since it was a spring bonus. So if all that's correct, then the reason he wanted to get released is he felt he could do better than 3rd string for $1.75M on the Rams. I'm sure he'll get more than the $1.75M he was due to make from this point on forward this year. The Rams still eat that $6M, but what's done is done for them. 

Foles gets his freedom a year earlier, with a decent chance to earn more than the $1.75M he was still due, and the Rams get off without paying him that additional $1.75M to be their 3rd stringer.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Gabbert?  Kaepernick?  

Best situation for Foles in the NY Jets 

Not if Chip calls up Foles and tells him man I could use someonewho knows my system come and compete for the starting gig.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Thought about that initially as well, but isn't Kelly the one who was behind the whole Bradford trade just to rid himself of Foles in the first place?

Chip seems to change his mind hourly 

At least talk to Foles. Give Fitz something to think about. I'M not looking forward to seeing friggin Geno under center for any length of time. If he beats out Foles so be it but unless Geno has matured in a hurry we are screwed without Fitz and He knows it.

10 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

At least talk to Foles. Give Fitz something to think about. I'M not looking forward to seeing friggin Geno under center for any length of time. If he beats out Foles so be it but unless Geno has matured in a hurry we are screwed without Fitz and He knows it.

We arent screwed without Fitzpatrick you FitzNation guys are nuts he's a bum he had an easy schedule last season we should have made the playoffs he choked 

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

Not a fan of Foles. He's better than Fitz because his age is lower but that's about it. That's not saying Fitz is great but Foles is just too uneven. Adding Foles to the mix means we have four QBs, none of which are reliable starters. 

If Fitzpatrick is such a valuable starting QB in the NFL why is he without a job today. No team ever committed to him for a reason we saw why last year last game of the season. 

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Since Foles played in Chip Kelly's spread offense you would think he would be able to pick
up Gailey's offense pretty quickly

Foles was fantastic in that offense and Kelly threw him to the curb because he's an Idiot. I wanted Foles here when we signed Fitz so If Fitz refuses to sign after one final negotiation I think Foles would be the guy and Geno would be in the same spot he is now depending on how fast Foles picks up the system

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Foles was fantastic in that offense and Kelly threw him to the curb because he's an Idiot. I wanted Foles here when we signed Fitz so If Fitz refuses to sign after one final negotiation I think Foles would be the guy and Geno would be in the same spot he is now depending on how fast Foles picks up the system

Exactly Foles has a huge upside here just let Fitz go end this Fitz crap once and for all 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We arent screwed without Fitzpatrick you FitzNation guys are nuts he's a bum he had an easy schedule last season we should have made the playoffs he choked 

Number one I am no "FITZNATION" guy. You right He did choke away a playoff berth with 2 bad losses to the Bills. Hell if He beats them in the last game of the season they are a playoff team. You seriously cannot believe Friggin Geno would be better? Especially with the beast of a schedule We have? A veteran guy who knows the offense or a immature a-hole who does not have the teams respect? Now who's nuts?

2 hours ago, slats said:

Foles was due $10.75M in salary and requested his release? I don't know what he expects to earn. 

But in the game of QB musical chairs, there are now two QBs, one chair, and Maccagnan is operating the music. 

denver has a nice chair

Archived