Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

1/$12 mil ain't bad. If he takes more than 50% of the snaps, that would be bad.

It's a complete waste of time and resources.  This guy is like Jason Voorhees.

Such a shame.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Fitz versus Buffalo in 2016: 0-2  Fitz versus everyone else: 10-3

lucky for him "everybody else" happened to be the softest teams in the league. can't fault the guy for cashing in, he saw an opportunity and exploited it. now if we can only face bottom-feeders for the playoffs the jets might be able to make a run this season

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Yet couldnt make the playoffs. 

Thats bad. 

The backup couldn't beat out a 74-year old nobody who has played on every team in the NFL in the past 10 seasons and can't throw the ball beyond 7 yards.

That's worse.

Just now, EM31 said:

Does this mean that Marshall can stop pretending to be Geno's friend now?

TEAM there is no I in TEAM but theres definitely a ME 

The Jets need to grow up and stop choosing sides as far as players go good teams dont do this great teams dont do this and neither should the Jets 

If Geno is the better QB, he should take the job. If this HC/GM combo is not full of sh*t, they play the better guy regardless of salary. Seattle did it with Flynn/Wilson.

Not a chance they pay fitz 12m this year not to play. Fitz already won our veterans over clearly geno wouldn't even get a shot. Fitz is the safer qb anyway

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Glad to see the inmates are still running the asylum at 1 Jets Dr.  No spine this organization, it's a pathetic joke.

lol

Nick Mangold (10 year vet of the NY Jets without a single off-season/in-season disturbance or violation) = an inmate

Just now, AFJF said:

The backup couldn't beat out a 74-year old nobody who has played on every team in the NFL in the past 10 seasons and can't throw the ball beyond 7 yards.

That's worse.

No sadder is the fact that the organization that hasnt won jack sh*t for 47 years chose the Fitzpatrick road of travel. 

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

:D

FItz Return.jpg

Oh god damn it.  He has them all under his FitzMagic spell.  What the hell?.. who am I to resist?  

Was trying to avoid being a fan of the next team to be fooled into wasting money on a journeyman QB.

But phuck it.  The guy is easy to root for and we're couple weeks away from preseason week 1.  

Took a couple hours, but I'm over it now.  Go Fitz!  Prove the haters (old me included) wrong!

All aboard the Fitz train.  Get your tshirts now.  Selling out fast.

http://www.thejerkteestore.com/view/24520/ryan-fitzpatrick-fitzmagic-new-york-football-qb-t-shirt

17871208.png

I haven't posted here much lately - but a lot of you guys are kind of being unreasonable. There are lots of great players on this team. Young and old. Not sure how you can't be excited for this year. 

5 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Does this mean that Marshall can stop pretending to be Geno's friend now?

Word is that Marshall gave Geno a present tonight. It was a book.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51GD3SWVV7L._AC_UL320_SR210,320_.jpg

It was signed by the whole team, starting with Macc.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Oh god damn it.  He has them all under his FitzMagic spell.  What the hell?.. who am I to resist?  

Was trying to avoid being a fan of the next team to be fooled into wasting money on a journeyman QB.

But phuck it.  The guy is easy to root for and we're couple weeks away from preseason week 1.  

Took a couple hours, but I'm over it now.  Go Fitz!  Prove the haters (old me included) wrong!

All aboard the Fitz train.  Get you tshirts now.  Selling out fast.

http://www.thejerkteestore.com/view/24520/ryan-fitzpatrick-fitzmagic-new-york-football-qb-t-shirt

17871208.png

image.gif

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

That's worse.

Agreed it's worse, but at fitzpatrick's age there's very little upside to realistically look forward to with him. at least with the young players there's the element of the unknown to try and find some hope in. but I guess that makes me a gambler, I'd rather risk losing big for a chance at winning more instead of being stuck in the middle somewhere. I just really hope Hackenberg is out there working on his footwork, Fitzpatrick just gave him a full year on the bench to sit back and work on his game

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

I'm happy because:

1. He's the best QB on the roster and gives us the best chance to win.

2. This is AWESOME for the development of Hackenberg (and Petty). The entire offense raves about Fitz's preparation and football IQ, (besides the contract stuff) the perfect  role model to model yourself after as a young QB. 

So this is great in the short-term, and great for the long-term. We are not tied to a 34-year-old noodle arm, he is motivated as he is in another contract year, and we can re-sign him next year because nobody else will want to probably, or let him go and let the knowledge he plants this year germinate.

This.

Safe from what, not making the playoffs? 

From not throwing 4 interceptions in four drives against a division rival or missing a meeting because he went to the movies late at night when he knew he had to be up early to start

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Is that Geno sitting in that room to the right while they yuck it up and take that pic?  If so...ouch.

Damn.  Sure looks like it.  Man, if the kid has a successful career after his rough road in Jersey do far... he will have definitely earned it.  Feel bad for the guy.  Just hope he keeps working and stays ready.  Very good chance he sees the field this season.

Well, this will make for a fun year. Injuries notwithstanding, the Jets should be a rather competitive team week in, week out. We couldn't ask for anything more seeing that only 2 years ago, this franchise was a basket case. Thank you Mac, and thank you Woody for finally coming to your senses.

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

From not throwing 4 interceptions in four drives against a division rival or missing a meeting because he went to the movies late at night when he knew he had to be up early to start

Yeah, because throwing 3 INT's in week 17 all in the 4th quarter against a division rival and former head coach to end your opportunity at the playoffs is "safer".  

I'll bow out right here. 

33 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

IMO Todd Bowles next press conference is his most important of his life, IF he goes up there, and smiles, and joyfully talks about how happy he is to have his unquestioned starting QB back then I've lost faith in him.  Geno was there all offseason Fitz was not, and he should at the very least make it be known Fitz needs to work his ass off to reclaim the unquestioned starting QB gig even if it's Bull Sh!t, and Fitz is his guy no matter what, if he doesn't publicly state it that Fitz will have to prove he is ready to start for this team again he looks bad to me.  Handing him the job publicly AGAIN is the wrong move, and wrong message to the younger players who have been in the building working their tails off since April.

I agree completely. Geno has kept his mouth shut and worked hard all off-season, while Fitz has caused a distracted. If Fitz is worth the 12 million, he should win the job with ease. If Geno's game has evolved, his hard work will show, and he'll have the opportunity to win the job. If he sputters, you can quickly bring Fitz in by week 2 or 3. 

Archived