Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Neither of these points have ever played out in real life.

Complete and total fabrication invented by lazy sportswriters. Didn't benefit Steve Young to play behind Montana, nor Danny White behind Staubach, nor Rodgers behind Favre, nor Eli Manning behind Warner. Either the next guy learns and does the job or he doesn't. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The best best best best best best part of this offseason: the beat writers were beat to literally every story. 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were right about NOTHING!!!!!!!

Love it!!!!!  :) 

Ok Mac works in private and gets deal- it works for me one year committment only- the trio of young QB continiue to hopefully progress enough to take charge next year. i thought all along Fitz was going to be here

Just now, Bugg said:

Complete and total fabrication invented by lazy sportswriters. Didn't benefit Steve Young to play behind Montana, nor Danny White behind Staubach, nor Rodgers behind Favre, nor Eli Manning behind Warner. Either the next guy learns and does the job or he doesn't. 

Also, that in any of Fitz's many stops he helped produce a viable QB by virtue of his alleged genius.

1 minute ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mac caved on this one, that's alot of coin for a 1 year deal, 15m with incentives? with no other bidders in the room, I valued Fitz as a back up to teach Petty and Hack

Doesnt really make a difference at this point if they can afford a one year deal. There wasnt anyone else out there to sign...

3 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

Glad the drama is over. Would have loved to see Geno get his chance this season, but I will support whoever is QB'ing for this team. 10-6 last year with Fitz, and the chemistry can only improve in year two. J E T S!

:Look, Geno will get his chance. Maybe even this season.There are injuries esp the way Fitz plays. And Bowles is not the kind of HC who will countenance mediocrity. If Fitz's play is terrible he'll go with BAP. And that's what I like about him. I really think we can win in 2016 with Fitz. And now we're giving it our best shot. So much for the naysayers who predict we'll lose most of our games. We're at least going for it. Not over-analyzing and being pessimistic. 

Meh... nothing I find overly exciting, but certainly don't have anything against it either.  Simply put, my expectations for him are not very high, but the Jets would still likely be worse off without him.  In the end, at least he got signed today because if he wasn't here for camp, then it absolutely would have had to been time to move on.  Now it's going to be a matter of who the Jets like better between Geno and Petty in a little over a month from now.  I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Petty gets some "random" unexplained injury at the end of preseason that lands him on IR for the year.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Doesnt really make a difference at this point if they can afford a one year deal. There wasnt anyone else out there to sign...

This.  Who else are we saving cap space for?  Is Vinny T still looking for reps?

I think it's a gross overpay but it buys the jets the most important thing they need right now and that's time for the young players to develop. Putting fitz out there should keep the wolves from howling like they would if the jets started out 1-5 or 0-6. personally I'm just happy that we won't have to hear about the legend of ryan fitzpatrick beyond this season

So I think there is enough evidence now to know that Macc really operates against the deadlines.  He likes to draw these things out to the 25th hour.  I hope Fitz proves me and everyone wrong and lights it up against the top defenses.

Personally I've had a nagging feeling all off season that Fitz won't stay healthy if he was our starter this year which kills me when I see fully gtd.  Hope I'm wrong about this but its a gut feeling.

5 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Mac caved on this one, that's alot of coin for a 1 year deal, 15m with incentives? with no other bidders in the room, I valued Fitz as a back up to teach Petty and Hack

12 with incentives to get to 15.

If he leads us with this schedule to the playoffs, he deserves it.

DUMB move by an organization that hasnt won anything since 1969 and fans wonder why?  

Look no further signing a 34 year old gypsy journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs. 

J-E-T-S  SAME OLD JETS making poor decisions that have cost this organization for years. 

I hope Geno Smith beats him out in camp. 

Great another year of unwatchable football with that goon under center.  Unfortunately for us Jets fans the Jets schedule will expose him for the fraud that he is, and this will make Macc look bad, and put a lot of pressure on Bowles when this team can't beat the good teams on the schedule early, and Bowles will have to make a decision whether to stick with the loser Fitz, or give the young Geno 1 last chance to prove, or disprove he has developed.  If Bowles keeps plugging Fitz in week after week with the Jets losing 5, or 6 of the first 7 games he should be fired IMO, but we will cross that bridge WHEN it comes.

Jets management has shown for this coming year they think Fitz gives us the best chance to succeed- not saying we will with the schedule we have but it really can not be questioned 

I can't knock the deal, Geno is like the ultimate boom or bust project leaning heavily away from the boom lol.

I didn't want them to lock 35 - 40 million into Fitz. But they were special on offense last year. Now Fitz gets a chance to prove he can beat the top teams and if he does, he will get a big 3 year contract next year. And the Jets will be happy to pay it. Otherwise they can walk away and look at Hack or Petty.

Camp will be a lot of fun now.

3 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Be careful of what you wish for Jets fans, you just got it.

I still believe those wishing to see Geno under center this year will also get there wish.

I agree but  the Fitz fans will be crying for Hackenberg by that time. 

If you didn't want Fitz that's one thing, but to say Mac caved is silly. He imposed a deadline and offered a ONE year deal at 12 million. Less years and dollars that Fitz wanted. Fitz is the one who caved and ran to florham park right before the deadline. 

Archived