Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

3 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Be careful of what you wish for Jets fans, you just got it.

I still believe those wishing to see Geno under center this year will also get there wish.

Should be around Halloween, which should suit geno well considering how much he's been scaring some jets fans all offseason

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, 56mehl56 said:

I agree but  the Fitz fans will be crying for Hackenberg by that time. 

No because he's a "developing" QB. 

People dont realy get it. There are not expectations for the Jets this year. Their tough schedule is a built in excuse for missing the postseason

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

DUMB move by an organization that hasnt won anything since 1969 and fans wonder why?  

Look no further signing a 34 year old gypsy journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs. 

J-E-T-S  SAME OLD JETS making poor decisions that have cost this organization for years. 

I hope Geno Smith beats him out in camp. 

Right, because they went through all this and inked him to a deal that guarantees him $12 million to hand the job to Geno?  LOL

Unless Fitz comes out and looks like Geno Smith, he's keeping the job.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Sources: Jets imposed 7 pm deadline or deal was off table. Ryan Fitzpatrick arrived at facility to accept offer at... 7 pm. Just perfect.

Fitz was asking for that deal for over a month now. As for the 3 mil in incentives for team performance. That's a win win. Now would you have a problem with him getting that money if we go deep into the playoffs or even to the SB. Some of you probably would, regrettably. 

Just now, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

There 3 other QB's on the roster who can miss the playoffs :)  and Foles just became a free agent

This deal makes sense to keep the chemistry going on offense, the goal should be a run in the playoffs IMHO

Wrong. Not with this schedule

4 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I think it's a gross overpay but it buys the jets the most important thing they need right now and that's time for the young players to develop. Putting fitz out there should keep the wolves from howling like they would if the jets started out 1-5 or 0-6. personally I'm just happy that we won't have to hear about the legend of ryan fitzpatrick beyond this season

This isn't a move for the young players to develop, this is a move to make the coach, and the veteran players happy, there is zero other reason then that to sign him to this 1 year deal.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Right, because they went through all this and inked him to a deal that guarantees him $12 million to hand the job to Geno?  LOL

Unless Fitz comes out and looks like Geno Smith, he's keeping the job.

Stranger things have happened in Jets history. 

DUMB move by an organization that hasnt won anything since 1969 and fans wonder why?  

Look no further signing a 34 year old gypsy journeyman QB who has never sniffed the playoffs. 

J-E-T-S  SAME OLD JETS making poor decisions that have cost this organization for years. 

I hope Geno Smith beats him out in camp. 

The problem with that is they just gave a guy 12 million dollars so even if Geno out plays him, they are still going to start him.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

This isn't a move for the young players to develop, this is a move to make the coach, and the veteran players happy, there is zero other reason then that to sign him to this 1 year deal.

I disagree, Fitzpatrick has a lot of goodwill on his side and will be given the benefit of the doubt far longer than smith would. The FO really does not want to risk throwing their young prospects in there too early 

Just now, fltflo said:

The problem with that is they just gave a guy 12 million dollars so even if Geno out plays him, they are still going to start him.

We will see if his brittle 34 year old body can handle this much tougher schedule than last year. 

29 minutes ago, fltflo said:

he may start but if he struggles i think they will go to Geno

2 minutes ago, jfmckenna said:

Now all the Geno fanbois a can go back to watching the democratic convention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no need to blast fans for rooting for a player. And we don't talk politics here. Plenty of other places for that, thanks.

Holy $hit.  12mil for Fitz.  Smdh.

Well he better earn the name FitzMagic the first 6 weeks of the season.  Otherwise we'll hopefully see Geno pretty quickly and Macc will have wasted 12mil in cap space.

Until he does fail though... Guess it's all aboard the Fitz train.  Ugh, time to buy a FitzMagic shirt.

22 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Wonder what the corresponding moves are but Mo's deal basically made this possible. We shall see but not on the hook for anything next season is big. Especially if Petty or Hack make strides. I have a feeling they'll be doing the same dance next offseason, but time to focus on 2016. 

Exactly. If Fitz cant replicate this past year, he finds himself w/o a job and being a back up or having to settle for less guaranteed money.  Its his roll of the dice and its cool Mac decided to let him have his way.  If Fitz has a great year again, which I believe he will surpass last year's achievements, he will warrant a raise. This is a win win for everyone.....except Geno...SEE YAWOULDNT WANNA BE YA. 

I really don't get the extreme feelings in either direction for this, love or hate.  Statistically speaking, last year was an outlier for Fitz, and in all likelihood he'll regress back to the mean this year, which is solid if unspectacular.  He's no savior, but hardly a major hindrance to this team either.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Well he better earn the name FitzMagic the first year weeks of the season.  Otherwise we'll hopefully see Geno pretty quickly and Macc will have wasted 12mil in cap space.

Until he does fail though... Guess it's all aboard the Fitz train.  Ugh, time to buy a FitzMagic shirt.

Just wait until next year and you'll be able to buy one for half price 

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Well he better earn the name FitzMagic the first year weeks of the season.  Otherwise we'll hopefully see Geno pretty quickly and Macc will have wasted 12mil in cap space.

For one year, you fool

Just now, Powpow said:

Exactly. If Fitz cant replicate this past year, he finds himself w/o a job and being a back up or having to settle for less guaranteed money.  Its his roll of the dice and its cool Mac decided to let him have his way.  If Fitz has a great year again, which I believe he will surpass last year's achievements, he will warrant a raise. This is a win win for everyone.....except Geno...SEE YAWOULDNT WANNA BE YA. 

Thats where you dont understand how Fitzpatrick operates he's a money hungry mongrel that usually fails when given a big contract and a chance. 

Time will surely tell. 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Geno is effectively done as a Jet. If Fitz gets hurt or the teams sucks, it'd be better to see Petty or Hack at the end of the season. He'll be able to find third string work somewhere. 

If they're 1-5 and they're gonna' make a move, I wouldn't be shocked if they go to Petty or Hack.  Gotta' plan for the future at that point and that's not Geno Smith.

Hadn't though much on this subject for a while but with camp coming on I did today ..

At one this afternoon I was asking myself what Geno would have to do to raise himself up from the dickhead is is deservedly perceived as ...

At three this afternoon it occurred to me that if Fitz didn't take the money offered he could actually take over the role of dickhead for over valuing himself and take the heat off of Geno... 

Now this news comes ...  I'm glad Fitz is back and Geno is still a dickhead 

Just now, AFJF said:

If they're 1-5 and they're gonna' make a move, I wouldn't be shocked if they go to Petty or Hack.  Gotta' plan for the future at that point and that's not Geno Smith.

That's assuming petty or Hackenberg are ready by then. They seem pretty intent on not rushing their young QB's before they are ready to play, and as a jets fan you should understand why

7 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

If you didn't want Fitz that's one thing, but to say Mac caved is silly. He imposed a deadline and offered a ONE year deal at 12 million. Less years and dollars that Fitz wanted. Fitz is the one who caved and ran to florham park right before the deadline. 

Actually Fitz leaked about a month ago that he'd accept a 1 year 12 M deal.  Jets couldn't do it then because Mo counted 16 M.  IMO Macc saw smith walk in today, got the shutters, and called Fitz's agent

Archived