Fitzpatrick signed- 1 year 12 mill fully guaranteed

Matt39

10 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

For those of you who made such a big deal about cap ramifications here's an article about Fitz's contract. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/28/fitzpatrick-deal-has-phony-second-year-for-cap-purposes/ They did the phony second year which some reporters asked for months ago. It was no problem. And to get the complete 3 mil incentive we have to win the Super Bowl. 

Well, I just hope they get a lot more out of the $7M they're paying this year while he's on the team than they get out of the $5M they're paying against next year's cap when he's not on the team. 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, FreeGeno said:

WTF??? Did we sign the damn Unibomber? People in FP better start watching their damn mail packages, make sure it aint a box with a bomb and a bunch of nails! WTF is with this dude?

No worries.  Fitz can't throw a bomb.

20 hours ago, fltflo said:

Well it's official, Bowels just announce that Fritz is the starter no competition. so much for being the good soldier in being there all through the off-season. Geno just got the knife in the back by the head coach, pretty sad, hope Fitz does well or Bowels job as HC of the NY Jets may be short lived right along with Mac's job as GM

No it's not.  Geno did what he was supposed to do and there is a pretty good shot he will probably get to play at some point during this upcoming season thanks to our OL

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2016 at 7:24 PM, Lupz27 said:

Great another year of unwatchable football with that goon under center.  Unfortunately for us Jets fans the Jets schedule will expose him for the fraud that he is, and this will make Macc look bad, and put a lot of pressure on Bowles when this team can't beat the good teams on the schedule early, and Bowles will have to make a decision whether to stick with the loser Fitz, or give the young Geno 1 last chance to prove, or disprove he has developed.  If Bowles keeps plugging Fitz in week after week with the Jets losing 5, or 6 of the first 7 games he should be fired IMO, but we will cross that bridge WHEN it comes.

This was so accurate.  

On 7/27/2016 at 7:19 PM, Rangers9 said:

:Look, Geno will get his chance. Maybe even this season.There are injuries esp the way Fitz plays. And Bowles is not the kind of HC who will countenance mediocrity. If Fitz's play is terrible he'll go with BAP. And that's what I like about him. I really think we can win in 2016 with Fitz. And now we're giving it our best shot. So much for the naysayers who predict we'll lose most of our games. We're at least going for it. Not over-analyzing and being pessimistic. 

Unfortunately you were wrong about this.  Bowles is the kind of head coach that is ok with mediocrity as he keeps going back to Fitz week after week.

On 7/27/2016 at 7:24 PM, Lupz27 said:

Great another year of unwatchable football with that goon under center.  Unfortunately for us Jets fans the Jets schedule will expose him for the fraud that he is, and this will make Macc look bad, and put a lot of pressure on Bowles when this team can't beat the good teams on the schedule early, and Bowles will have to make a decision whether to stick with the loser Fitz, or give the young Geno 1 last chance to prove, or disprove he has developed.  If Bowles keeps plugging Fitz in week after week with the Jets losing 5, or 6 of the first 7 games he should be fired IMO, but we will cross that bridge WHEN it comes.

Excellent observation obviously you saw something that the rest of the board did not.  "fraud journeyman" schedule will expose him" will make the GM m look bad" will put a lot of pressure on Bowles" when this team cant beat good teams early" Bowles will stick with him after 5-6 loss bringing down the coach along with him" GOT IT. 

I'm actually really excited to see if Fitzpatrick can complete the Fitzpatrick Cycle on one team. Start Geno, Petty or Revis at QB and wait for them to get hurt. Maybe then Fitz will come in and be good for a few games thus starting the Fitzpatrick cycle over again. 

On 7/27/2016 at 6:02 PM, johnnysd said:

Yeah we will see when we are 1-5. This idiotic move seriously dampens my enthusiasm for this year, I will root for everyone including Fitz, but objectively I do not see how this ends other than terribly. 

Just saying, but our record was obvious back in July with Fitz at the hem.

9 hours ago, DRJETS said:

Excellent observation obviously you saw something that the rest of the board did not.  "fraud journeyman" schedule will expose him" will make the GM m look bad" will put a lot of pressure on Bowles" when this team cant beat good teams early" Bowles will stick with him after 5-6 loss bringing down the coach along with him" GOT IT. 

I'm a fat out of shape washed up dude sitting on the couch how do people who do this for a living, and spend millions of dollars on this didn't see it.

Archived