2018 NFL Draft

Lupz27

So now with Fitz back at QB the Jets will win just enough games to pick in the mid teens, and miss out on all the top 2017 QB's, they will also fail to find out if Geno could have developed in year 4 after sitting a full year for the 1st time, and being in the same system for a 2nd year for the first time.  The Jets will be in the same boat come January 2017 as they were 30 minutes ago no answer at QB, and  no viable options so Hackenberg will most likely get the nod with some Vet coming in mid season after Hack is proven not ready, or no good, and 2017 should be the year the Jets actually flop, and get a high draft pick, so all you draft pundits let me know which QB I should be watching for this college football season, make sure it's someone who is not draft eligible in 2017 also thanks.

Shame to, because the 2017 draft class seems to have 2 to 3 possible franchise type QB'S with Watson, Kayaa, and another kid who I am forgetting at the moment.

Hopefully Fitz is so bad this year he can't even beat the bad teams like he did last year, but unfortunately our D is going to be good enough to beat the bad teams by themselves to get the Jets 6-8 wins.

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2016 at 7:37 PM, Lupz27 said:

So now with Fitz back at QB the Jets will win just enough games to pick in the mid teens, and miss out on all the top 2017 QB's, they will also fail to find out if Geno could have developed in year 4 after sitting a full year for the 1st time, and being in the same system for a 2nd year for the first time.  The Jets will be in the same boat come January 2017 as they were 30 minutes ago no answer at QB, and  no viable options so Hackenberg will most likely get the nod with some Vet coming in mid season after Hack is proven not ready, or no good, and 2017 should be the year the Jets actually flop, and get a high draft pick, so all you draft pundits let me know which QB I should be watching for this college football season, make sure it's someone who is not draft eligible in 2017 also thanks.

Shame to, because the 2017 draft class seems to have 2 to 3 possible franchise type QB'S with Watson, Kayaa, and another kid who I am forgetting at the moment.

Hopefully Fitz is so bad this year he can't even beat the bad teams like he did last year, but unfortunately our D is going to be good enough to beat the bad teams by themselves to get the Jets 6-8 wins.

Wow, negative Nancy over here.

Right now, I have no reason to think Hack or Petty can't develop into legit NFL starters.   

I also have no reason to think the Jets can't sneak into the playoffs this year.

I also have no reason to think any high draft pick QB we MIGHT get in 2018 will be successful in the NFL. Its always a crap shoot and sometimes QBs selected outside of the first round end up doing well.  

I CERTAINLY have no reason to root for the Jets to lose games- whether its b/c Fitz plays poorly or the defense sticks or injuries or whatever.   

The 2018 draft is shaping up to be a Josh Rosen/Lamar Jackson draft right now, but in the year and a half someone else could step up as well.  I love Calvin Ridley as an option that year, but hopefully we'll be picking much lower.   I think someone like Jake Browning will get more hype as we go on, with the Huskies doing well, but I'm not too big on his potential.  

• 3 weeks later...

I started to watch some tapes of Browning, and I have to take back what I said, I'm starting to be impressed by him.  Good progressions, decent arm albeit seems to struggle a bit with downfield passes, enough mobility, and great intermediate stuff.  I watched him and Rosen back to back and I liked Browning better at least in those games.  The '18 class could really have three top QBs at this pace with Jackson/Rosen/Browning.  

I watched alot of Lamar Jackson today and I have to say I am impressed.  It's easy to dismiss him as an athletic system qb.  He can actually make reads and throw.

Is he a great passer?  No. But he's competent - which is better than anything we've had since Pennington in 2002.

On 10/22/2016 at 3:05 PM, CotcheryifyouCan said:

man i wish lamar jackson was eligible this year 

Lamar Jackson is probably not happening.  He'll be going 1 or 2 overall in 2018 and we're going to have an easier schedule next season plus Mac will sign a veteran QB like Cutler or Glennon to save his career.

Archived