One Fan's Open Letter (A Brief One) to Ryan Fitzpatrick

Warfish

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And you have a crystal ball or got this after he did none of this a year ago. 

He was too busy having his glass jaw wired shut last year to do much talking, race card or otherwise.

Don't think for a second he didn't get the message the Fitz signing sends.

I see that strewn about all the time on these forums. Without having game film and w/o knowing full route trees there's no way any of us know for certain who is or isn't reading defenses well.  Furthermore ,Gailey's offense is based more on getting rid of the ball quickly - ie first read - so its not like Fitz is  in the pocket scanning the field reading his wr's open its just a convienient catchphrase to knock the "stupid" QB. 

So you rather have a guy throw an int when in FG range than taking a sack , that's exactly what Fitz did against Buffalo to kill our season.

I get it Fitz had a good year last season. so its buoyed Jets fans hope for this season. I can understand wanting to continue on with what almost worked  last year - unfinished business I get it.

Do i think Fitz can elevate his game and beat the upper echelon teams in the NFL - I have my doubts and 11 years of data to back  my assumptions up. Do I think Geno could be the guy to beat the upper echelon teams in the NFL - again I have my doubts , but I'm looking at 2 years of evidence under a HC who was allergic to offense to me he's still an unknown entity .  Bottom line it doesn't matter what any of us think the front office and coaches will play who they choose and that appears to be Fitz , will I stand behind him - 100%  I'm a Jet fan - if its fails I'll always wonder what it may have been if ????  

I can tell you definitively what may have been.

More Geno Smith miserable failure.

That's what may have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just disagree. I think with a year of tape and facing significantly better defenses and teams in general, he will fail to perform just as he has against better teams his entire career. I will root for him and hope to be proven wrong, but I just do not see it. Fitz is incredibly overrated. I think Geno would give more options to the offense and he is a better QB than Fitz. We would win more games with Geno. I think we might win more games with Hackenburg to be truthful.

You guys can't be serious.  This Geno love is a joke, right?

I mean, fan pariah Mark Sanchez had a stretch where he went 18-4 in 22 starts and he was run out of town on a rail.  Geno is getting support?  LOLZ.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I mean, fan pariah Mark Sanchez had a stretch where he went 18-4 in 22 starts and he was run out of town on a rail.  Geno is getting support?  LOLZ.

SAR I

Thought you were at camp in the VIP section sipping lemonade and eating fresh pretzels. 

Well we will see. I will root my heart out for the Jets, including Fitzpatrick but I just think he is a complete fraud that rode an insanely easy schedule to decent stats, and will be completely exposed as the mind numingly average JAG he is in our first 6 games, and we will be sitting there at 1 and 5. He us a lousy QB, but even when we are 1-5, the Fitz ass lickers will still be extolling his intelligence and leadership and blaming everything but this loser for our record.

Now can't get stop thinking about whether Fitz's ass is as hirsute as his face.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Thought you were at camp in the VIP section sipping lemonade and eating fresh pretzels. 

Saturday is the first day of camp for the public.  I'll be there.

In fact, just got an email talking about exclusive PSL benefits:

- Reserved parking

- Access to express line for shuttle bus

- Seats on 50 yard line in bleachers

- Welcome tent w/free bottles of water

- 15% off all Jets fan merchandise in the team store

See you there.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Saturday is the first day of camp for the public.  I'll be there.

In fact, just got an email talking about exclusive PSL benefits:

- Reserved parking

- Access to express line for shuttle bus

- Seats on 50 yard line in bleachers

- Welcome tent w/free bottles of water

- 15% off all Jets fan merchandise in the team store

See you there.

SAR I

Thats great!!!!!  A friend of mine with season tickets offered me the passes I might have to go just for the free bottle of water. :rl:

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

He was too busy having his glass jaw wired shut last year to do much talking, race card or otherwise.

Don't think for a second he didn't get the message the Fitz signing sends.

Sure he was wired all season.  Sure he got the message.  Just like Fitz got the message loud and clear that the Jets won't commit to him dollar wise and when they drafted Hackenberg.  

Not too hard to figure out what the plan is 

3 hours ago, jfmckenna said:

Next up in this saga: Geno mopes, sulks, and opines about how unfair the world is to him. Forces Jets to cut hm. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays the race card.

Are you for real??????????? 

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thats great!!!!!  A friend of mine with season tickets offered me the passes I might have to go just for the free bottle of water. :rl:

If you do, PM me here on Saturday, I'd love to say hello and show you my new BMW.

SAR I

1 hour ago, jfmckenna said:

All Geno is doing right now is taking up space and blocking a potential legitimate QB from making the roster.

Cut this cancer right now.

I get that you don't like him. But talk of the race card and cancer, find another way to word this stuff. As someone who watches my wife battle cancer and chemo every day I would add....football is football. Nothing that happens on the football field will ever be as bad as cancer.

Just want the race card stuff too, we don't need speculation like that here. It just doesn't end well. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure he was wired all season.  Sure he got the message.  Just like Fitz got the message loud and clear that the Jets won't commit to him dollar wise and when they drafted Hackenberg.  

Not too hard to figure out what the plan is 

Fitz just got 12 million in commitment, and turned down an additional 12+ million he could have had.  

Credit to him, he gave away 12 million (6+ guaranteed) to bet on himself and that his play will earn him more.  He could easily be proven wrong on that bet...

Fitz got what he wanted here, a short term deal for his asking price (12) and the chance to earn more in 2017 and 2018 if he plays well and hits the market.

Macc got what he wanted, Fitz as the 31 this year, and the freedom to either go with Hack in 2017, or to pay market value for Fitz (or someone better) in 2017 if Hack isn't ready.

Just now, SAR I said:

If you do, PM me here on Saturday, I'd love to say hello and show you my new BMW.

SAR I

Ok sounds like a plan if I decide to head up I'm about 30 minutes from Florham Park. 

I always bring a cooler and drink a few beers in the parking lot before heading in.

What did you lease this time?  

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Are you for real??????????? 

I have mentioned this at least 10 times to you: Leave the moderation to us. We just banned people that you were fighting with on a daily basis. Just be happy and talk football.

Just now, Maxman said:

I have mentioned this at least 10 times to you: Leave the moderation to us. We just banned people that you were fighting with on a daily basis. Just be happy and talk football.

Ok for the record I reported the post. Thanks 

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Ok sounds like a plan if I decide to head up I'm about 30 minutes from Florham Park. 

I always bring a cooler and drink a few beers in the parking lot before heading in.

What did you lease this time?  

X5.  First kid is off to college in a month, no more minivan. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Not Geno love, it's Fitz reslism.

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ryan, 

You just got paid, congratulations.  Enjoy your moment.  You earned it in 2015.

But this is 2016 now, and now you have to prove to us all you're worth it.

Failure is not an option.  Regression is not an option.  The schedule is not an excuse.  Injuries will not be an excuse.  There cannot be a three-INT game in Buffalo in the final week again.  

Period.

You need to produce, and you need to win.  We'll root you on, but YOU need to prove to us all, supporters and doubters, that you are worth this deal, worth the starting QB job, and worth being the leader of our Franchise.

Don't let us down Fitzy.

Because we WILL let you hear it if you do.

-Fish

Well said Warfish......

20 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ryan, 

You just got paid, congratulations.  Enjoy your moment.  You earned it in 2015.

But this is 2016 now, and now you have to prove to us all you're worth it.

Failure is not an option.  Regression is not an option.  The schedule is not an excuse.  Injuries will not be an excuse.  There cannot be a three-INT game in Buffalo in the final week again.  

Period.

You need to produce, and you need to win.  We'll root you on, but YOU need to prove to us all, supporters and doubters, that you are worth this deal, worth the starting QB job, and worth being the leader of our Franchise.

Don't let us down Fitzy.

Because we WILL let you hear it if you do.

-Fish

I'm glad Fitz is back.. I'm glad the jets said enough and gave him a deadline.. In my mind we have 2 capable qbs who can keep this team competitive this yr.. Like last yr.. Everyone laughed at the Fitz trade.. But it was obviously a great move.. Nobody thinks about the #2 until the #1 goes down.. It was very unusual circumstances last yr, but I'm glad it was Fitz not petty there to step in.. Only an idiot would predict how well Fitz will do, or how healthy he will be..  

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Fitz just got 12 million in commitment, and turned down an additional 12+ million he could have had.  

Credit to him, he gave away 12 million (6+ guaranteed) to bet on himself and that his play will earn him more.  He could easily be proven wrong on that bet...

Fitz got what he wanted here, a short term deal for his asking price (12) and the chance to earn more in 2017 and 2018 if he plays well and hits the market.

Macc got what he wanted, Fitz as the 31 this year, and the freedom to either go with Hack in 2017, or to pay market value for Fitz (or someone better) in 2017 if Hack isn't ready.

Personally I think hentookmthe sucker bet.  He's a mediocre, journeyman QB.  I'd bet right now he never sees 6 mil per or 12 over the next 2 seasons.  Maybe I'm wrong, kind of hope so, would mean he played well this season.  Would also mean that the kids showed something if we let him walk after playing well enough that he could command the kind of money no one else offered this season outside of the Jets.  

Not Geno love, it's Fitz reslism.

No one thinks Ryan Fitzpatrick is a playoff caliber quarterback.  Show me someone who isn't realistic about this guy.  We all know what he is.

What you need to embrace is that for these post-Idzik rebuilding Jets, Fitzpatrick is a great bridge to the two kids who won't be ready for another year at least.  You need someone like him so that our rebuilt offense doesn't get disgruntled, so that guys like Decker and Marshall and Forte and Mangold keep performing at a high level under a veteran and bring up the level of the young guys around them.  Same for our defense.  Same for our coaching staff.  Fitz is a perfect Hold The Fort guy that allows Maccagnan to patiently rebuild without the typical sky-is-falling Jets panic pressure we fans put on the organization.  We'll be good enough to get to 7-9 or 8-8 this year.  We'll be good enough to not get our impact players frustrated looking for an exit.  We'll be good enough to attract free agents next year.  We'll be good enough to slide in a young QB with a full year (or two) on the bench learning under a decent vet.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is an investment in our future-  it's a future he won't be a part of, but will have served an important purpose.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Personally I think hentookmthe sucker bet.

We'll find out, it seems.

He's a mediocre, journeyman QB.

So you've said.

Maybe I'm wrong, kind of hope so, would mean he played well this season.

But you only "kind of" hope so, eh?

Would also mean that the kids showed something if we let him walk after playing well enough that he could command the kind of money no one else offered this season outside of the Jets.  

I wouldn't get my hopes up about the "kids" for 2017.

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We'll find out, it seems.

So you've said.

But you only "kind of" hope so, eh?

I wouldn't get my hopes up about the "kids" for 2017.

I'm trying to be nice but you just can't play nice.  Yeah, I said Fitz is mediocre.  His career actually is less than mediocre.  He's been a below average QB in what 9 of his 11 seasons?  And he's the definition of a journeyman.  Not getting the problem there.  Or is it that I'm not allowed to have an opinion if it's different than yours.  Apparently. 

Kind of hope as in its a phrase, a saying. Why wouldn't I want him to succeed.  I've been a STH for more years than I'd like to admit, I'm entitled to my opinion and to root my ass off for this team.  I don't know what you think you score when dissecting every friggen word in a post.  

Best is then you get to throw in your opinion.about the kids.  You're one tiring person, bored shlt less in the boonies

Archived